Final album from The Cranberries "In The End" to be released April 26, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Jan 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]

1. All Over Now
    2. Lost
    3. Wake Me When It's Over
    4. A Place I Know
    5. Catch Me If You Can
    6. Got It
    7. Illusion
    8. Crazy Heart
    9. Summer Song
    10. The Pressure
    11. In The End

I know this has been mentioned in the Dolores R.I.P. thread, but thought I would start a separate thread for the upcoming album.

The first single from the forthcoming album, "All Over Now":

Link to orders from their official store:

The Cranberries Official Online Store : Merch, Music, Downloads & Clothing

The Cranberries Share New Track ‘All Over Now’, Reveal Tracklist For Final Album ‘In The End’

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Even though it's a compressed music codec, the recording sounds like it's going to be very nice! I also dig the song! Instant sale!

3. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

I am definitely going to be checking this one out. I love the preview track. I've liked the Cranberries since I was a kid and had their greatest hits set in my modest CD collection when I was growing up. What happened to Dolores was tragic but I'm glad the band is putting out this final work.

4. Lynd8

Lynd8 Forum Resident

5. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

Thank you for this link! This is a wonderful article that really touches on the respect and love the band has for Dolores. It also really hammers home that her death was just a tragic accident and she was looking forward to the future and continuing to make beautiful music. I've got the album on pre-order and I really think it should be an emotional piece of work. Thanks Noel, Mike and Fergal. :hugs:

6. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Any thoughts on this album? I haven't gotten my copy yet, but I liked the single. It's a little shocking that there are two threads about their last album, and neither has made it past one page. Then again, I confess that I drifted away from the Cranberries in the late 1990s, but after Dolores died I got caught up on her two solo albums and the latter day Cranberries albums and found a lot of great music in there. But I digress...

longdist01 and Hep Alien like this.
  7. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Bought it today, listened to it twice (only in the car so far), not a bad track on here. Quite a solemn listen, my wife said at one point that some of the lyrics are very poignant, like Delores knew what was coming. Her lyrics always did have a dark side though.

Sounded ok in the car. It’s surprisingly cohesive, and sounds like a full band effort (vocals don’t sound flown in or demo like), it’s actually a bit haunting to know that the vocals were recorded by Delores alone, they’ve done a great job with the arrangements here.

A sad, but worthy addition to the catalogue. I got the same feeling listening to this as I did when I listened to Nirvana Unplugged all those years ago....

fmfanuk, Hep Alien and Sean Murdock like this.
  8. Sean Murdock

Thanks for that -- hopefully mine arrives today...

blind_melon1 and Hep Alien like this.
  9. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

I completely missed this thread or any other mention of this album anywhere else, except sometime last year when they said it was being made, until today. I think I will check this out.

10. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident

I preordered this one on Amazon for my mom.

11. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Listened to it again on the HiFi today, unfortunately the cd is quite loud! Sounds good in spots, don’t expect anything audiophile (which is a shame as there is so much potential for it to be), still, it’s a fantastic album!

I might give the vinyl a go!

Hep Alien and Grohlfan like this.
  12. Alien Ache

Alien Ache Soul black vinyl to stop your tears

This album is WAY better than I thought it would be! A poignant last statement. It’s sad that she’s gone but this album proves Dolores (and the band) still had a lot to say. RIP.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    AlmanacZinger, PB62, Galley and 3 others like this.
  13. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Yeah, I'm digging the album. It's pretty solid.

14. Sean Murdock

Yes, it's a really great album -- very "Cranberries" in all the right ways. It's kind of amazing that they pieced it together from Dolores' demos -- you'd never know it. Some of the lyrics are extra-heartbreaking given her passing. This is not only a worthy final album for Dolores, but it's an excellent, heartfelt tribute from her bandmates.

15. Anonamemouse

Anonamemouse my other pink shirt is black too

Composition wise it is an excellent album. Unfortunately it has a dr5. And it shows, audible clipping in lots of places.

16. Sean Murdock

I'm not arguing for or against the loudness of the CD, but it's on par with all of the Dolores / Cranberries CDs of the past 12 years. I'm surprised it's a 5, because it doesn't "feel" that loud to me. I've got more unlistenable CDs in my collection that have a higher DR than this.

Anonamemouse, Galley and Hep Alien like this.
  17. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

This is an amazing album I think it is their best album, as much as I love their early stuff this album does not have a single filler song on it and is pretty dark.

Very bitter sweet album, for me they went out at their best, the songs though are so much about ending or dealing with difficult times, it is just tragic obviously what happened to Dolores, from band interviews she was in a huge transition and emerging into a much better place in her life which you hear on this album then the cold hard reality of life comes tumbling down and cuts short her transition.

I'll be listening to this one for years to come

18. Byrdman77

Byrdman77 Forum Resident

More cohesive than Roses, possibly better than everything other than their first two records. The acoustic hits album was also fantastic - they have left on an amazing high

19. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

The cranberry vinyl sounds very good, but quite a bit of sibilance :cheers:

Grohlfan and Sean Murdock like this.
  20. PB62

PB62 Forum Resident

I really like your comment here. I thought Roses was better than most fans seemed to but there was a lack of direction as you alluded to. In The End VERY much has a mood and feel to it as did their first two albums in particular.

I'm a bit late to the game here (just joined the forum recently) but I loved the Cranberries and was not expecting much from this record and was shocked at how good it is. I played it several times in Spring/early Summer and gave it a rest and recently played it through again and it really is terrific...and yes, for better or worse...haunting. Noel, Mike, Ferg and Stephen Street knocked it out of the park IMO.

Almost forgot..the cover art is stellar. What a great concept. Relatives of the band members waving hello/goodbye.

21. Purple

Purple Forum Resident

Didn't care for the new album, so very disappointed, though the lead track is one of their best.

22. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Surprised by how good and poignant it is. Very pleased with it and, as others have said, surprised with how cohesive it is. CD way too loud though. Has anyone heard the regular or colored vinyl?

Hep Alien likes this.
  23. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.