Finally pulled the trigger on an SL-1200GR

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TSWisla, Nov 7, 2022.

1. TSWisla

TSWisla Forum Resident Thread Starter

I had to send the entire table back for a headshell replacement. Insane.

kt66brooklyn and Aftermath like this.
  2. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

Oh my. :sigh:

3. Joel S

Joel S Forum Resident

Why didn't you just request a replacement headshell?

4. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

Sorry to hear about your headshell trouble with an otherwise good deck. Sending the whole TT for a HS replacement is quite "insane". I understand for some it would be about the principle of getting it replaced for free or making it right with customers, but I would've rather get an OEM HS replacement for $55 + s&h and move on. Please check out the link:
    TPBAA201 Panasonic Shell Unit

Hope this gets sorted out for you and no other issues concerning the HS or the deck itself.

5. haz2000

haz2000 Forum Resident

I'm a Technics fan boy through and through. Have a made in Japan GR and two made in Malaysia G's. Very disappointing to hear about this. I never loved the GR cueing. It's much better on the G, but you shouldn't have to pay double for a good cueing lever. I would say that the fit and finish could be improved upon.

I don't like Clearaudio products. I've owned one and the cueing lever on the Satisfy tonearm was a fiasco. But Clearaudio provides nice tonearm leads and a pair of cotton gloves with their TT's, though. Technics should do the same, especially for the G with the brass platter and all. They could also supply an extra 6mm mat for azimuth adjustment. The table retails for 5 grand Canadian. Technics could add 50 bucks to the price and make that happen. They take customer loyalty for granted in many cases.

MikeJedi likes this.
  6. TSWisla

TSWisla Forum Resident Thread Starter

I did. Several times.

macster likes this.
  7. Joel S

Joel S Forum Resident

What vendor did you use?