Firestick subtitles issue

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bachtoven, Aug 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident Thread Starter

I use Amazon's firestick for all of my streaming platforms, and when I turn them on for British shows on Brit Box/Acorn (Sorry, but some of their accents are hard to understand!), they are automatically on Apple TV+! I have to turn them off for every show, and even if I leave it paused for a while. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is there a solution?

2. ATR

ATR Senior Member

You're turning them on for the device? Makes sense they'd be on regardless of platform. So glad my hearing is still acute enough that I don't use subtitles since unless they're embedded in the content they're obtrusive visually. Doesn't bother me to miss some dialogue on Ted Lasso. Is it really that annoying to have to turn a feature off after you've turned it on?

3. Bachtoven

Not globally for the device, just for particular shows--as mentioned, those with strong accents. Every single time? Yes, it's annoying. Not "passing a kidney stone" annoying, but enough.

4. ATR

ATR Senior Member

It sounds as if you're changing the default on the Firestick when you think you're only turning on subtitles for one platform. No big deal. But you have to turn it off again.

5. Bachtoven

I turn them on while I'm watching a show that is hard to understand, not in the settings for the device. It seems odd that a particular platform would make global changes! I suppose it's possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.