Fleetwood Mac 1975-1987 Boxed Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vinyl Richie, Oct 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

My second copy showed up and the first disc is riddled with non-fill (gave up after track 2) and disc two started promisingly but not got to Never Make Me Cry and it sounds like rice crispies. This is the second silver vinyl pressing I’ve received recently (the other was Beck) and both sucked. My advice is to avoid these coloured pressings and grab the black vinyl versions previously released if you can find them.

Fox67 and fmfanuk like this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

can you discern where it was pressed? perhaps a repress of the recent reissue?

3. Zardok

Zardok Forum Resident

For me "Silver Springs" is the best song by that Fleetwood Mac line-up. I am astonished it was relegated to a B-Side and relieved that (uncharacteristically) as a teenager I bought the "Go Your Own Way" single even though I was intending to buy the album.

4. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Third copy and still has non-fill issues. This patch of non-fill can be heard throughout about a third of the song. I give up, such a shame as the music sounds fantastic, will just still to streaming it until I can find a decent copy of the previous reissue.

[​IMG]

5. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

That 'White Splodge' as you refer to it is just some of their Cocaine that spilled out while making the Album.

I figured all of their Colored Vinyl Titles should have been done in 'Cocaine White', that way it blends in easier:winkgrin:.

ARK likes this.
  6. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

Originals for these 5 are plentiful and relatively cheap........perhaps this is more for the collector.

AppleCorp3 likes this.
  7. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I bought the box, which was $119 from Warner’s online shop. It’s a nice enough package, with a sturdy numbered box and colored vinyl (all except Rumours have Chris Bellman’s initials). I could be wrong, but I think these are the same masteringsnthdt you will find in the recent remasters. My set was reasonably flat and had only one instance “non-fill”, a brief buzz on Side 1 of Tusk.

But with nothing other than a box for the extra $20 or so, I would expect these to come down in price.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  8. Robber Soul

Robber Soul Forum Resident

I skipped the box and opted to just pick up the self-titled, Rumors and Tusk albums since I like collecting coloured vinyl and they're the FWM albums I enjoy most.
    My copies are thankfully flat, quiet and look and sound fine. And based on the relatively low price, I can't complain at all. I'm very satisfied with them.

9. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

And they sound great! The only remaster I felt had any improvement was Tango in the Night, but that was for the CD.

10. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I have all the recent remasters to replace my originals which were a bit noisy except Rumours where I have an original Japanese pressing. Tusk is the only one I couldn’t find so I wanted a decent copy. I’ll try one more exchange but with someone else above having non-fill on disc 1 it sounds like the faults with this album are pretty widespread.

AppleCorp3 likes this.
  11. Tim Edwards

Tim Edwards Well-Known Member

I got my boxset just before Xmas - several weeks delay - the vinyl looks nice and I've played Tusk which sounds clear and based on the remaster to me. My only gripe is if you are old enough have bought the original Tusk, this is literally like mint wrapper paper not the glossy card of yore but the same design, Rumours though gets an added booklet.

GentleSenator likes this.
  12. Smurr05

Smurr05 Well-Known Member

Just ordered mine from Rhino. Looking forward to it, especially for “Tango” as personally it’s my 2nd favorite FM album, though even the band would disagree from what I’ve heard and read, as I only had this streamed, and only have the”Rumors” deluxe set w/ lp, cd’s, and dvd.

13. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident

Thinking about ordering this set but I am cautious due to multiple pressing issues that seem to be fairly common. Has anyone received a set that does NOT have any pressing defects?

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

More likely the DS (Deviated Septum) years.

DTK likes this.
  15. Vinyljunkie22

Vinyljunkie22 Forum Resident

Just received this after waiting a month and the self titled disc has non- fill issues on the first track of Side II. Fingers crossed that's the only issue...

16. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Good luck! Tusk seems to be the worst one. Hopefully they’ve pressed more since the original run.

17. Vinyljunkie22

Tusk, Rumours and Mirage are all quiet as a mouse but Tango In The Night has serious skipping issues, not sure what's going on. I looked up reviews on Amazon other people are reporting issues as well so I don't think a replacement box would fix it. Wow, 2/5 are duds.

18. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I never found a decent Tusk, even the 2012 RSD release has a lot of reports of non-fill on Beautiful Child.

19. Vinyljunkie22

I think I'm almost just going to keep it and try to replace the 2 duds since they are all so hard to find and out of print.

20. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Nearly $120? I'll pass.

Fox67 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.