Fleetwood Mac albums (post-Peter Green 70-74)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cryptical17, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akmonday

akmonday Forum Resident

Mystery to Me and Future Games are my favorites of these, though I like things off all of them.

MitchLT and The Gomper like this.
  2. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

I know that's Bob Welch on bass...

Greg Gee likes this.
  3. MitchLT

MitchLT Two for the show

Perfect! (Pun intended!)

This adds to the charm of an already great album :righton:

4. MitchLT

MitchLT Two for the show

Nice one- I’ve been listening to Kiln House a lot this week, so this has a good selection of the rest.

I compiled your list on Spotify anyway, so maybe this will save others the ‘effort’:

Jewel Eyed Judy, a playlist by mitchellow on Spotify

5. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

My initial reaction to Kiln House was that it was the weakest album followed by Penguin, but it has definitely grown on me over time, especially One Together as a true group piece (or at least seeming so). Jeremy was so much a solo artist, so often a side attraction, but if we are going to get pastiche's of Buddy Holly and Elvis the ones on Kiln House are probably the pinnacle of them with some genuine admiration behind them rather than parody. Station Man which seemed minor on first listen now stands as a standard representing this moment of Fleetwood Mac, and I think their strongest number in live shows of the time (as preserved on the Madison Blues set). More Christine with some of her material not used on her own releases (Gone Into The Sun for one), would lift Kiln House to definite classic! Danny's Jewel-Eyed Judy and Tell Me seem like the best single choices.

MitchLT likes this.
  6. Do you know why there are the loud POP noises on "Emerald Eyes"?

7. 905

905 Senior Member

I'm a recent convert to this era. Christine is my favorite member so I have no idea why I waited so long.

Cryptical17 likes this.
  8. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

Of those listed by the OP I have...
    [​IMG]
    Fleetwood Mac – Kiln House

[​IMG]
    Fleetwood Mac – Bare Trees

[​IMG]
    Fleetwood Mac – Future Games

[​IMG]
    Fleetwood Mac – Mystery To Me

Of those Bare Trees is a favorite album and only second to Then Play On as my favorite Fleetwood Mac album. The others are all decent enough albums I am glad to have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.