Fleetwood Mac remasters revisited?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tomcat, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomcat

tomcat Senior Member Thread Starter

I wonder what you fellow forum members think about the FM remasters after a few months have passed (and maybe the first hype, too). Is the general consensus still that the remasters (I can only speak for the self titled disc) are the better choice? I for myself have come to the conclusion that the "old" version (at least the German pressing) is much easier to the ears - especially with headphones, where the remaster (especially the drums) is way too bright for my taste...
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
    Thomas

2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I still love them. The bonus material (esp. Rumours and Tusk) is excellent and I love the sound. More Please ( Bob Welch, Danny Kirwan era maybe)

3. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

I love them also. The original cds for FM and Tusk already sounded good, but I think the remasters improve upon them.

4. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

No second thoughts about these remasters. Recommended.

5. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

I believe I'll give these a shot...

6. btomarra

btomarra Classic Rock Audiophile

Go ahead and do Mirage. Put Teen Beat, Goodbye Angel that were on the Chain box and the unedited version of Gypsy (also on the box set) as bonus tracks.

Brian

7. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Excellent! Remasters done right!

8. Paddy

Paddy New Member

I think they´re okay. Not excellent but better than the old versions. What I don´t like is that they sound somehow "digital" which I wouldn´t call bright. It´s something un-harmonic, that doesn´t fit with the original sound. The remastering is not subtle enough, more like that the engineers wanted to make clear to everybody that now they sound much better and overdone it a little.

9. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Best sounding remasters in a couple of weeks.

10. Anders B

Anders B Forum Resident

Yes, and it would be nice to have "Tango in the night" along with "Mirage" in the next batch. There should be a lot of bonus tracks to put on "Tango" as well. I seem to remember several songs from the "Tango" sessions that ended up as B-sides. Don't care much for that 1980 live album though.

Then of course we have the DVD-A versions of "FM" and "Tusk" that were almost
    finished a LONG LONG time ago... :mad:

11. namretsam

namretsam Senior Member

At least until someone decides to post their waveforms.....
    then watch out!

12. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

I wonder if those were completed and ready to go. It would be interesting to know what happened to all of those DVD-A's that were supposed to be out already. :mad:

13. Rob LoVerde

Rob LoVerde New Member

Having only heard TUSK, I can say that the latest remastering is NOT compressed in mastering, at least to my ear...

I'm sure the waveforms would look dynamic and musical...You don't think so? Just curious...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.