SH Spotlight FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours, heard it 1000 times, still love it! Our WB 45 & 33 1/3 RPM vinyl coming now!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

As I've mentioned in 2 previous posts - Diverse Vinyl, Newport, South Wales. Purchased this week.

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Xander2017, Jrr and David P. Hill like this.
  3. beatleswho

beatleswho Forum Resident

Is the Side 1 of this edition at the wrong speed?

4. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

That's correct but be sure it's in a loose bag and if not check for 'made in USA' bottom of back cover.

James Bennett likes this.
  5. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Appreciate the info. Thank you.

6. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Me too.

The 33 1/3 is for when I don't feel like getting up too many times to change the record.

David P. Hill and Jrr like this.
  7. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Make sure everything is right because unless someone has both, the right one and the incorrect versions, we don’t know how they differ other than someone who say’s it must say Made In The USA. Reprise is the label on the import and domestic. I’m not at all sure the catalog numbers are different...Reprise probably used the same but someone here wanted that info so it was given. So, again, look for the Made In Pallas gold decal, make sure the shrinkwrapping is correct, and that it says Made in The USA on the back! Nothing more...nothing less. Someone said one side of the 45rpm may be at the wrong speed....you better pull it out and just check to make sure it plays right since you wouldn’t be able to return it later on. I don’t know, seems we would have heard about that a long, long time ago in these parts. The repress was done years ago at this point. But you are being careful, so why stop at just receiving it....it would be nice of you to check and then post here either way to help people who look at this thread down the road. Good luck with the baby!

James Bennett likes this.
  8. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Maybe there was a special “Chile” edition pressed that way! Seriously, I think we would have heard about this a long, long time ago by now. Let’s not let this be another confusing aspect. I bet a good deal of the forum has this album since Steve was involved...we would have heard.

beatleswho likes this.
  9. beatleswho

beatleswho Forum Resident

I don’t habe any copy, i just asked because i read some reviews on the Acoustic Sounds website that said that. I just bought a copy in Amazon. Only want to be sure. Thanks anyway!

10. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Well, it could be right then! You’ll just have to play it, but it should be returnable if it is. I would think all of them would be defective though, unless stampers were changed. I doubt any of us know how many were pressed, but probably not a ton, and stampers would not have been changed if they didn’t do a big run. I’m just shocked no one here has reported it.

11. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

I will. Thank you for the good advice. Amazon says it’s not available right now but they’ll send it ASAP. We will see!

12. Redbook

Redbook >> 16 Bits of Glory <<

That has absolutely nothing to do with the sound quality. when you like to hear classical music, do you have to go to the opera every single time? because they had no recordings when the music was written or buy yourself some shellacs to listen to some 1920's Jazz.

13. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

I got mine in a retail store.

14. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I think the digital EU version is cut and pressed at Optimal not Pallas...unless there is a repressing using the EU plates shipped from Optimal to Pallas which I would assume would be unlikely? Heino Leja cut the EU version.

15. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Yes, that’s my understanding. That’s why I don’t think the info is correct somebody posted about the Optimal (non Hoffman) having Pallas stickers on them. I still maintain, just look for the Pallas sticker and your golden. I’m going to try and do a shootout tonight on the 45 and 33 just for fun. I know the 45 is punchier, but I want to see if I hear anything else.

richbdd01 and TheSeldomSeenKid like this.
  16. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Has anyone ordered the 45 or 33-1/3 in last couple of months from Music Direct? I wanted to know if was the right ones, SH/KG inscriptions?
    They have the 20% discount and wanted to order from MD, today is the last day for the discount. Anyone? Thanks too!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  17. pofonso

pofonso Forum Resident

Yep, I received about two years ago an EU pressing with the first side at 33 and the second one at 45. Sent back and bought the right one (SH/KG).

Jrr likes this.
  18. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

The Music Direct site specifically says both are the SH/KG version so you would have every right to return it if it isn’t. I know the photos don’t show the decal so you are smart to just make sure...those are not likely photos of what they are shipping. I would order with no worries!

19. David P. Hill

Thanks, JRR.

Jrr likes this.
  20. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I couldn't see that until I scrolled down to the Description you have to click on, cool.

21. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

Why do that? It's $45 at MD, after 20% discount makes it $36, and MD charges shipping under $49. I believe the Media Mail shipping minimum is $5, so that totals $41. I purchased from Amazon two weeks ago and it has the the 'KPG & SH @ ATM ' inscription in the deadwax on all four sides. Currrent Amazon price is $34.96 with FREE shipping (be sure to select the FREE shipping option). Here is the Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OKFIQI?tag=mfconvert-20

22. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

But as noted before, you have no idea who your vendor will be if you are buying from Amazon. In this case, penny wise/pound foolish, perhaps. But was it you that said you can call and they will check?? That is surprising that the operator would be in the same dept so that it can be physically checked, but if they will do then he can try that of course.

23. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

What I said was, I did a chat session with Amazon Customer Service and I was told it was the domestic (Made in U.S.A.) version, as the UK version would be listed as "Format: Import". He (or she) went on to say I could return it if it arrived and it was not the USA version. I took a screenshot of the chat session just in case. It arrived a few days later and it was Steve's version. I do not believe anyone that ordered it from Amazon after me has stated they received a UK version. But please do what makes you comfortable, as long as you get Steve's version, that's the important thing! :)

24. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Plugging in the UPC on Amazon has never let me down yet !

Or anyone else on the Amazon US Deals thread, that I'm aware of.

25. David P. Hill

This morning I ordered the 45 and the 33-1/3, had free shipping, but chose fed ex ground, $10+ from MD.

Jrr likes this.