SH Spotlight FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours, heard it 1000 times, still love it! Our WB 45 & 33 1/3 RPM vinyl coming now!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

I am embarrassed to admit that I'm not savvy enough to do this. I've tried in the past. If you want to pm me with your email address I can send you pics though :)!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It’s not odd, it’s impossible.

Either you have the SH cut and you don’t like it or you’re misunderstanding identifies the SH cut in the dead wax. It can’t be both.

3. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Sorely tempted to go the Acoustic Sound route to get the 45 reissue but the shipping will kill me. I was going to add a couple of Mofis to justify the shipping cost, but I just might wait for amazon.ca to get a few.

Tracey likes this.
  4. AH55

AH55 Forum Resident

Ya, the shipping sucks. In my experience with this pressing, though, it’s just so tough to be sure through Discogs or Amazon. A really tough one to find north of the border...

Tracey likes this.
  5. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

I know, I'm in Okotoks, you're in Millarville - practically next door to each other. Splitting the shipping cost would have been neighbourly ;).

Chemguy likes this.
  6. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Let’s keep that in mind next time. Seriously.
    :cheers:

Tracey likes this.
  7. JackAbsolut

JackAbsolut Forum Resident

How did this one get resolved for you? I placed an order with Acoustic Sounds choosing Paypal and got an order confirmation straight away. But no info on payment. Will they send another confirmation with instructions? Do I have to contact them?

I am confused, I expected the payment to be part of the order process. Do they always confirm orders before you can use Paypal?

8. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Ordinarily, you have to finalize the order through the retailer after completing the financial details at PayPal (You get transferred back to the retailer's site). Did you get an email from PayPal that you completed the transaction? If not, then you forgot a step in the process at that site.

9. JackAbsolut

That‘s what I was expecting. But no. Paypal was not part of the order process.

But from posts on here, I think this is normal for Acoustic Sounds and they send another confirmation to complete the payment? Am I wrong?

10. AnalogJ

If you're paying directly through Acoustic Sounds, you'd get a confirmation email. They would not send you an email to complete the payment.

11. JackAbsolut

Well. Now I‘m confused. Got an order confirmation but didn‘t pay for the order through Paypal.

12. AnalogJ

So, let me get this straight. You ordered from Acoustic Sounds and got an order confirmation. What is the problem, again?

13. JackAbsolut

I did not pay for it. I email them about it. Nevermind.

14. garrincha

garrincha Forum Resident

I waited a couple days, got nothing, emailed them direct, then got a confirmation email. weird way of doing things!

JackAbsolut likes this.
  15. AnalogJ

I'd be worried if you had a credit card on file with them. I'd email customer service to be sure.

16. JackAbsolut

Ok, so payment with Paypal is done seperately after confirmation? Not part of the order process?

Weird indeed.

garrincha likes this.
  17. garrincha

garrincha Forum Resident

yeah, very strange. never experienced anything like this

18. garrincha

garrincha Forum Resident

here was the email they sent me:

Dear Blah Blah:

Thank you for choosing Acoustic Sounds! We have received your recent order (123456789).
    You have chosen to pay by PayPal.

Please login to your PayPal account and send payment to [email protected]
    The shipping charge on this order is $. Your total charge will be $.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact us at ( 785-825-8609 ). You can also log in to your account at ****** to see your order.

If we do not hear from you within 10 days, we will have to cancel the order to prevent loss of sales. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for your order. We appreciate your business.

very, very strange way of doing things

AnalogJ and JackAbsolut like this.
  19. MOON

MOON Forum Resident

You can buy the 45rpm Hoffman right off Amazon.ca . That's where I got mine.

Chemguy likes this.
  20. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

I got mine from Elusive Disc last month. Couldn’t be happier.

They’re not available at Amazon right now, though. Must be sold out again.

21. maellen

maellen Nasi Lemak

Late to the party. Guess it's sold everywhere. No chance for repress?

22. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

I want this bad.

23. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Same here but unless you live in Qatar or UAE, it's impossible to find for less than $150 at the moment.

24. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

It’s still in print…

25. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

Show me.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.