Fleetwood Mac Tour 2018/19*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PRW94, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know he showed up for a encore? at a show in Australia of all places in 2004. I don't know what songs they did or the specifics. I believe it was mentioned randomly in Rolling Stone magazine, maybe.

DTK and GoodKitty like this.
  2. I had a very similar experience and observation - great show in Sacramento last night.
    Some great old Mac blues tunes mixed with the crowd pleasing show stoppers.
    The vocals were great, rhythm section showed why they’re legendary ,
    They seem to be really gelling in this incarnation.

Mike Campbell. Is. A. Rock.
    Love this guy’s playing and agree, he has emerged in the Mac - in a similar role he played in the Heartbreakers- band leader with exquisite musical taste and “chops. “

3. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Tom Petty dying was bad news for Lindsey. That freed up Mike Campbell who Nicks has collaborated with in the past and who is probably much less of a diva and d-bag in addition to being a great player. Easy to see him becoming a long term member for whatever time the band has left.

4. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Shandemanium

Shandemanium Well-Known Member

They apparently did play it in Sacramento. It's in here: Amy @amyjj111

I won't see them until next year so I'll be crossing my fingers for a while hoping they don't drop it again. I don't think I have enough fingers to cross for a chance to see Hypnotized come back but atleast there's a few decent recordings of it.

Paperback Writer and GoodKitty like this.
  6. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

Thanks, good catch !
    See, you really can't completely trust that setlist site without confirmation...

I need one of those "Hypnotized" ....:agree:

7. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

Fleetwood Mac Setlist at Oracle Arena, Oakland

Well now ! There was reportedly a surprise in Oakland last night .... They bumped "Isn't It Midnight" and instead played "Hold Me" .... Christine and Lindsey were doing it on their 2017 tour but I believe this is the first Mac version of it since the '82 Mirage tour.

We'll see if some video turns up .... but until then :

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  8. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

and today, Nov.26 , is John McVie's 73rd birthday .:cheers:

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

They really hadn't played it since then? Seems odd - that was a big hit!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Tom Petty dying was bad news for a lot of people...

11. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

Especially Tom petty

12. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Yeah, but most people are not out of a job due to Tom's untimely demise.

13. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

Nice to see the setlist evolving a little bit again. Sadly I had to miss the shows closest to me.... was hoping to pull it off somehow but the timing was not ideal.

I nice full show audio recording has surfaced from the Portland show (those who torrent probably know where to look). I listened to much of it yesterday - and it sounded great! As much as the Lindsey situation is a bummer, to say the least, the current band most definitely IS Fleetwood Mac! They really killed it on that Monday evening in Oregon. Mike and Neil sound good, the "core four" really shine, for the most part, and all things considered, they deliver! (at least as conveyed by the recording I was listening to).

Black Magic Woman was excellent. Possibly the highlight of the show. But plenty other good moments as well. Would be nice if a few more good recordings popped up...

Paperback Writer likes this.
  14. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

from last year .... they dropped it down 1 1/2 steps :

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  15. Great deed performed by Fleetwood Mac Tribute Band.

Local Fleetwood Mac tribute band who knew six Borderline victims headlines benefit
    Mike Harris, Ventura County StarPublished 5:22 p.m. PT Nov. 25, 2018 | Updated 7:50 a.m. PT Nov. 26, 2018

Local Fleetwood Mac tribute band Twisted Gypsy headlined the event at Nabu Wines in Westland Village Wochit

TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
    Photos of the 12 people killed in the recent mass shooting at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks gazed down on local Fleetwood Mac tribute band Twisted Gypsy Sunday afternoon as it headlined a packed benefit for the victims' families.

The large black and white images hung on the wall behind the stage at Nabu Wines in Westlake Village, where the band performed Fleetwood Mac's greatest hits.

Related news:

Twisted Gypsy knew six of the victims from regularly performing at the Borderline a few miles away.

"Playing this benefit is very special, starting off with how much we adore everyone at the Borderline," said Katie Shorey, who sings Fleetwood Mack frontwoman Stevie Nicks' vocals for Twisted Gypsy. "How close it is to us personally."

"Friends of ours were killed at Borderline," she said during a break. "We're just feeling so much sadness and pain for these families and what they're going through. We're just completely honored and overwhelmed and blessed to be able to play this benefit."

Authorities say a former Marine, Ian David Long, 28, of Newbury Park, opened fire inside the Borderline during college night on Nov. 7, killing 12 people before fatally shooting himself.

Killed were Sean Adler, 48, Blake Dingham, 21, Jacob Dunham, 21, Cody Gifford-Coffman, 22, Ventura County Sheriff's Sgt. Ron Helus, 54, Alaina Housley, 18, Daniel Manrique, 33, Justin Meek, 23, Mark Meza, 20, Kristina Morisette, 20, Telemachus "Tel" Orfanos, 27, and Noel Sparks, 21.

Sunday's benefit had no set price for admission or for cuisine from food trucks, said Twisted Gypsy's founder and manager, Billy Derian.

Attendees donated what they wanted. Those who drank wine had to buy it, but a portion of that cost will be donated to the families, Derian said.

The benefit featured auctions and raffles, including one for a seven-day trip to Mexico. Borderline memorial shirts were sold there.

Although the benefit was scheduled to start at 1 p.m., it was packed with attendees at least a good half-hour before then.

"We're here to support and to raise funds for the victims of the Borderline shooting," said Tom Hallman, 65, of Thousand Oaks, a salesman sipping wine with his wife, Linda Hallman, 58.

16. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Not really the same.
    John and George are dead, and Ringo well is Ringo.

17. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

This is definitely true.

However, I'd rather hear Lindsey sing "Second Hand News." Last time they came to town I saw them, but I can't see spending that kind of $ without Lindsey B in the band.

18. Totally agree that Lindsey Buckingham is a phemominal guitarist, great song writer and excellent singer.

Given the turmoil in Fleetwood Mac and losing him - it’s truly amazing how they are able rebound and have the caliber and personal connection to Neil and Mike to carry on.

Now, I’d prefer they morph into a writing and recording band to add to their touring sparkle. Between Neil and Mike’s writing credentials, they are capable of such.

Overlooked are GREAT Songs that Mike Campbell has written or co-written. Look below:

Title Written by Originally by Original date Covered by

Here Comes My Girl Tom Petty, Mike Campbell [US1] Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 1979 Covered by (7 artists)

I Don't Wanna Fight Mike Campbell [US1] Tom Petty an

Love is a Long Road Tom Petty, Mike Campbell [US1] Tom Petty April 24, 1989 Covered by The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

Nightwatchman Tom Petty, Mike Campbell [US1] Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 1981 Covered by

Refugee Tom Petty, Mike Campbell [US1] Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 1979 Covered by (8 artists)

Runnin' Down a Dream Tom Petty, Mike Campbell [US1], Jeff Lynne Tom Petty April 24, 1989 Covered by (9 artists)

Stop Draggin' My Heart Around Tom Petty, Mike Campbell [US1] Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty August 1981 Covered by (7 artists)

The Boys of Summer Don Henley, Mike Campbell [US1] Don Henley November 1984 Covered by (45 artists)

The Heart of the Matter Don Henley, Mike Campbell [US1], J.D. Souther Don Henley 1989 Covered by (14 artists)

You Got Lucky Tom Petty, Mike Campbell [US1] Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers November 1982 Covered by (7 artists)

You Wreck Me Tom Petty, Mike Campbell [US1] Tom Petty November 1994 Covered by (4 artists)
    REPORT ERROR

[​IMG]

Shandemanium likes this.
  19. Peja11

Peja11 PC is Neither

+1. Tremendous show. Those expecting a Stevie/Lindsey show were disappointed. I was not one of them. The expanded set list was wonderful. I saw them last time through and have had my fill of Lindsey noodling. Loved the old stuff. The big hits were presented very well and Mike (as always) is a monster player.

The Tom Petty video/pic tribute during Free Fallin' was gut wrenching. Biggest ovation of the night. Did not hear a bad word walking out. A splendid time was had.

20. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

21. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

^ correction -- I should've said F , not C .

Campbell kinda floundered on that one .... I know it's a "new" song in the set but really there's no excuse, not for the level of money involved ..... He's a fine guitarist, generally -- in Petty-world he is king -- but I've not been so impressed in this FM context ... I know others disagree.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Billy_Sunday and PDK like this.
  22. DreamIsOver

DreamIsOver Senior Member

Somehow that sounded both better and worse than I expected.

zebop, whisper3978 and GoodKitty like this.
  23. PsychGuy

PsychGuy Forum Resident

There's a reason for that ...

24. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.