Fleetwood Mac Tour 2018/19*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PRW94, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Perhaps, but I'm not too sure about that. But it is worth considering two things:

1) I'm an absurd extremist
    2) on occasion I am also an idiot

That's a potentially dangerous combination. :)

2. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

:laughup:Everyone in the audience on bathroom break but you

3. A friend of mine in her late 30s saw the show last night in Tulsa. She's not a huge Mac fan but told me they were amazing. Better than she expected.

So I bought myself a ticket for the Tacoma Dome in November. Haven't seen them since 1976.

4. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

No -- he did every time I saw CH

5. Irish-Matti

Irish-Matti Music Lover Since Birth

Probably Christine, as it is her song. [Lindsey had no songs on the "Time" album.]
    The lyrics are pretty telling, and apropos.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Shak Cohen and fallbreaks like this.
  6. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Here's a few more - will post full album when I have it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Maybe as compensation he will sing some Neil Finn songs. ;)

wrappedinsky likes this.
  8. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Really hoping for some Mudcrutch songs. Also would be cool if they did some songs from The Zoo. Umm No

9. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

This whole tour seems like some weird alternate reality scenario.

If, a year ago, you'd have told me that members of Crowded House and the Heartbreakers would be in Fleetwood Mac, I'd be reaching for the breathalyzer ...

10. Socalguy

Socalguy Forum Resident

Hopefully Finn can do a better job on “Hypnotized” than Buckingham did. Nobody can touch Welch though.

11. Liam Brown

Liam Brown Forum Resident

Mike Campbell sounded pretty good on black magic woman. I liked his tone. He should have added in some Otis Rush licks, in tribute, since BMW is so clearly inspired by All Your Love. I'm looking forward to hearing Hypnotized, I love that tune. I figure it should fit Neil Finn's voice quite well. That was a strange version of Free Fallin. Got to be weird for Mike to be playing it without the Heartbreakers. Singing the right lyrics would have helped, but its the first night of the tour, they'll be better.

12. BillyMacQ

BillyMacQ Forum Resident

Kudos to Christine McVie. She looks and sounds great. Stevie, not so much on either, ah, front.
    Just watched "The Chain" - nice version. Sweet axes being played by John Mac and Mike C., too.
    New lineup overall is worth seeing based on that one song. Look forward to checking out more songs from the set.

Love,
    Billy

vitorbastos123 and Elliottmarx like this.
  13. Brian Doherty

Brian Doherty Forum Resident

Kind of amazed neither Sara nor Gypsy. For those casual fans who think of this as "Stevie's band" this is not gonna be much of a night out...kind of interesting, unless she feels she can't sing them that well anymore or something, very egoless of her to leave off two of her handful and a half of iconic FM songs, not to mention Stand Back, in service to the Mac legacy and the New Guys.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Fannymac

Fannymac Forum Resident

They've supposedly rehearsed over 60 songs.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  15. Fannymac

Fannymac Forum Resident

Did Stevie and Christine do backing vocals on "I Got You?" I was hoping they would do that one!

16. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Regarding "Gypsy", they did it on Ellen:

(Here's "The Chain" as well: Fleetwood Mac Takes the Stage with "The Chain" )

So they may have more songs rehearsed that they'll switch around. I love that they are doing older songs and thus paying tribute to all the main songwriters, and even if Stevie didn't sound that good on "Black Magic Woman" I think it's cool that she chose to sing it instead of leaving all the old stuff to the "new guys".

17. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

No I think they had a toilet break

18. BillyMacQ

BillyMacQ Forum Resident

Ooof - that Free Fallin' was pretty rough. Is Stevie the only singer in a legacy act who doesn't use a teleprompter?

Love,
    Billy

19. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I saw Crowded House a mess of times and never heard "I Got You," though I heard it on live tapes. I did see them pull out "Message to My Girl" once, and "Six Months in a Leaky Boat" when Tim was there.

Paul H and midniteinsanjuan like this.
  20. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

If I get a ticket....suddenly leaning toward doing that...I sure hope they don't drop "Hypnotized" or "Tell Me All the Things You Do"! So glad they're honoring those two unsung guys.

21. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Wow...not much of a "tribute", when you completely butcher the song.

somnar and eelkiller like this.
  22. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

At least they sing the chorus live. Bless his heart and all, but Petty didn't.

23. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

Well Finn can't possibly do worse/be more ill-suited than Buckingham was singing 'Hypnotized'. When I first saw a clip with Buckingham singing it, I immediately thought that they should have gave it to Stevie to sing instead, since it sort of fits her "mystical" (or whatever) persona - and she had to be a better fit than Buckingham.

Now that I saw her sing 'Black Magic Woman' it makes me wish, of the older songs predating her joining the band, once again that she would sing Hypnotized instead. It just seems far more "her" - plus I'm never a big fan of "gender screwing"/"perspective screwing" (as in 1st person/2nd person/3rd person) in lyrics like she did on 'Black Magic Woman'.

Who knows maybe Hypnotized does fit Neil, though I doubt it. Even if 'Hypnotized' doesn't suit him he won't be worse/more ill-suited than Buckingham was. As bad? Maybe. Worse? Impossible.

Nice to see 'I Got You' included as that strikes me as probably being more suitable to FM than "Don't Dream" for some reason (maybe a bit of a 'Tusk'/'Mirage' vibe to it), though I haven't heard it yet, so maybe I'm wrong.

I'm surprised they're not doing 'Stop Draggin' since they can present it with not only one of the original singers, but also the authentic guitar solo from the record. Seems a weird omission. How good is Campbell as a lead singer? The setlist posted above says he sang 'Oh Well'. If he's good enough maybe he could have sang Petty's part on 'Stop Draggin'.

Maybe we'll get a chance to find out, if they intend on shuffling the set list during the tour. Even if not there's still a chance since many bands replace a small number of songs during the early stages of a tour, due to feeling that they're not doing a song justice, or the audience reaction isnt great. or they just don't like playing it. So even if they intend to have a "set in stone" setlist, there will still likely be a couple alterations/replacement songs in the first couple weeks of the tour prior to them feeling that they got the setlist "just right".

Socalguy likes this.
  24. violarules

violarules Senior Member

"Monday Morning" is played on Classic Rock radio? I like the song, but I find this hard to believe.

Zoot Marimba and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. Liam Brown

Liam Brown Forum Resident

here is "oh well"

Hall Cat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.