Flight Attendant

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Hot Ptah, Dec 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Wouldn't this come under FBI jurisdiction? Just trail Rosie on American soil, get some incriminating pics and wiretaps, and arrest her at dawn. Getting a spook to play trolley dolly seems like an awful hassle.

2. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

If she was involved in domestic terrorism or industrial espionage with another American company, then maybe the FBI would be involved, but she's selling secrets to North Korean spies - that's the CIA's domain. Having an agent keeping an eye on her while she's out of the country seems pretty reasonable to me. Why would they want to arrest her before she's led them to the foreign agents they're actually interested in?

rockclassics likes this.
  3. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

As far as I could tell, her transactions were in U.S. shopping malls and the like. Was she doing deals overseas? I don't recall. At any rate, a quick search of news items indicates that it's the FBI that arrests spies and the like, rather than the CIA (who are not allowed to operate on U.S. soil).

If the feds were really on top her, they would have ensured that she handed over fake intel.

And lest we forget, the CIA botched the case: The multi-purposing spy/FA just stood on the street and watched as she jumped into a taxi.

rockclassics likes this.
  4. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

My memory may be lapsing here but didn’t the flight attendant who sold secrets to North Korea get away in the final episode? If so maybe that will be season 2?

5. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Not sure if I should Like this post or not.

Anyway one of the storylines my daughter and I discussed for another season was Kaley Cuoco becoming a CIA agent and chasing spies as a flight attendant. The CIA dude said to her to be ready for a call near the end of the final episode.

I know my daughter will watch a season 2...don’t know about Dad at this point.

6. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I have two more episodes to watch -- I'm behind since Comcast just recently got HBO Max and I had a few other things I wanted to watch first. I am enjoying it and am impressed with Kaley as a dramatic actress.

I read they were considering submitting this under the Comedy/Musical TV Series for Golden Globe consideration. I truly don't understand as I don't find this comedic in the least -- not even in a black comedy or demented way (like Chris Meloni's "Happy")!

‘The Flight Attendant’s’ Kaley Cuoco ascends into top 5 in Golden Globe odds

7. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

I gave up half way through. Tedious.

Daryl M likes this.
  8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

have not seen this, but is it anything like the TV Show "Pan Am"?

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  9. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

No - nothing like Pan Am.

They could have condensed the eight episodes into six. Cassie’s self destructive tendencies got a bit tiring. And the CIA hiring her? C’mon - she’s a mess!

10. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

It seemed like the writers decided to give her character a subplot to mirror Cassie’s espionage/mystery plot … and then either forgot about it or didn’t know what to do with it.

11. Steve Carras

Steve Carras Golden Retriever

12. dbacon

dbacon Senior Member

I just finished the series. Did they set up a season two?

13. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

We just finished watching the show and I came here to see if anyone else enjoyed it like we did. Guess not! :laugh: It's a super fun popcorn kinda show. Don't ask questions, just go along for the ride. I really enjoyed the cast and their characters, the "GASP" reveals and plot twists, and even found it poignant at times. Kelly Cuoco has great comic timing and surprisingly solid dramatic chops.

I'll admit the final episode requires some pretty big suspensions of beliefs, but personally I can forgive it all because of how enjoyable the show was.

Not everything has to be "The Wire."

dan c

AudioEnz and Hot Ptah like this.
  14. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

No argument there.

Daryl M likes this.
  15. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

After I finished the series, I realized that it was intended as a fantasy. For example, the character of Miranda was totally magical. She appeared and disappeared out of thin air (remember when her boss was in the empty parking garage with no other cars near his, and she suddenly appeared next to him?). She suddenly morphed from an evil assassin to a virtuous buddy of Katie.

wayneklein likes this.
  16. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Best line in the whole show:

“Hey, kids, you’ve got small hands. Wanna make 20 bucks?”

17. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

Struggling with episode 2, only sticking with it because of Michelle Gomez, who is wonderful.

18. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

I guess the Brits just got it. Thumbs up in the Daily Telegraph:

Cuoco . . . has the requisite magnetism and range of facial tics to make the slip-sliding screwball comedy work. Seatbelts on – it’s an enjoyably turbulent flight.

With its jet-setting lifestyle, fabulous couture and jazz-inflected espionage thrills, The Flight Attendant most closely resembles cool classic Sixties capers such as The Thomas Crown Affair (complete with stylish use of split-screen), with a dash of Shane Black’s hardboiled noir pastiche Kiss Kiss Bang Bang thrown in for good measure.

Dan C likes this.
  19. rjp

rjp Senior Member

now they have episode 2 on regular HBO.

20. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

I got roped in last night b/c of that airing 2 episodes on regular HBO. I knew of the show, so was excited to see 2 episodes listed. I didn't really suspect that it was to lure people into subscribing. But, shortly in, I remembered that Paramount has just done that w/their Yellowstone prequel 1883, having the 1st episode on regular ch. & + & then the rest only to continue on the +streamer. However, I'll sometimes see that a couple of episodes of a show are listed, so, I figured maybe it's come to regular HBO now, after its' initial run. But, having that suspicion that I might not be doing myself any favors continuing to view it if I wouldn't be able to see it through on HBO, I did not view episode 2, b/c I had no intention of subscribing to MAX. I'll hope that maybe in a month or so, it'll run on regular HBO (I think I've seen that done before) b/c the first episode was intriguing enough to draw me into viewing more - though I'm also not so hooked that I'll greatly lament it if it does not enter regular HBO's schedule either. If I'd viewed ep. 2, I might've become more hooked & then would've been ticked if it does not end up airing on reg. HBO. :sigh::winkgrin::shrug:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i'm not 100% sure on this, i don't know your cable provider, but if you subscribe and pay for regular HBO do you not get HBOmax automatically?

i know that on spectrum you do.

22. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Boy! I think you put more thought into this project than the creators did.

23. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I just watched it cuz Kaley is hot. Wasn't bad, girlfriend liked it.

MrGrumpy likes this.
  24. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Second season mentioned on HBO promo. I wonder when it starts back up?

TurtleIsland likes this.
  25. TurtleIsland

TurtleIsland Forum Resident

Looking forward to second season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.