Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Mar 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

shocked and saddened.. condolences to his family and RIP

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I feel so bad for Alison and the kids. They live in Hidden Hills and our kids are in the same classes. Very sad story.

3. possumdude

possumdude "Spies Like Us" Aficionado

This one hurts :(

Danny Coffin likes this.
  4. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

2 South American festivals this weekend without FF then a break.

The only 2 things I know right now is that it won't be Willem on drums .

5. possumdude

possumdude "Spies Like Us" Aficionado

I don't think there's any chance of them pushing ahead with the tour, those guys are like family and are gonna need some time to process this.

6. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

WTH? I’m so close to this age, it just feels very weird to me right now.

7. stonesfcr

stonesfcr Forum Resident

Terrible news, the other day there was news that a miley cirus plane was hit by lightning, now this

lollapalooza chile was his last gig??, they played last friday

8. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

Total shock. My heart goes out to Taylor”s family and friends. His playing and spirit has meant so much to me - he was a keeper of the flame we all love.

9. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

WHAT IN THE EVER LOVING HELL. Just saw this news. Holy crap....

My prayers and condolences to his family and friends :(

10. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Very sad and unexpected news. RIP

11. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

About 10 years ago, I ran in to Taylor at 7:30am in the Boston airport. The terminal was empty and the only two people in it was Taylor and myself. I went over and showed him the crazy coincidence that I was just listening to his solo album on my flght in. We sat for about 30 minutes talking about some people we knew in common, Queen, and most importantly, our mutual love for Billy Squier's Don't Say No album. Could not have been a nicer guy...

12. ironbutterfly

ironbutterfly Listening to marky mark in mono

Grohl could drum

ARK, MikaelaArsenault and Lamus like this.
  13. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

I am so sadden. Playing Foo Fighters now.

RIP brother! Thank you for everything....

[​IMG]

14. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Tragic! Much too young. RIP

15. rlj1010

rlj1010 Forum Resident

They still have a total of 54 shows booked between April 29 and December 17. Should they play them as a tribute to Taylor? Or should they axe the entire thing? It's a real tough call. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

16. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Weird seeing tributes to him on Twitter from Ozzy Osbourne and Paul Stanley. He should have lived long enough to write tributes to them.

17. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

Really?
    It’s not about that.
    It’s about losing a close friend and bandmate.

18. rlj1010

rlj1010 Forum Resident

I agree. But financial obligations are tough when so many people are depending on you. I think back to the predicament The Who were in when John Entwistle died on the eve of their tour, which still took place.

Danny Coffin, ARK, warewolf95 and 3 others like this.
  19. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

20. Roadrunner14

Roadrunner14 Forum Resident

21. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

He just played down here in Chile last weekend. He seemed perfectly ok

22. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Ok, a proper post - I was on mobile a few minutes ago....

What a damn tragedy...who next?! :(

As others have said, Taylor really helped solidify the Foos as a band and not just the Dave Grohl Project (even though he will always be El Capitan). I turn 27 next month. I've been listening to the Foo Fighters since my mom got their third album in 1999. Alongside the Beatles "1" album, that is the earliest album I have legitimate memories of listening to (usually in her car, haha).

I've grown up with the Foo Fighters and really love all the guys in the band - what a sick bunch! - but I was always really attracted to Taylor's self-deprecating wit and charm. He was such a good foil for Grohl I think and of everyone in the band I feel they were probably among the closest (based off what I've read/seen). Of course I love all the guys in the band, but Dave and Taylor always felt like a perfect match made in Bro Heaven, haha

This hits freakin' hard for me. We all have artists that aren't "cool" to like or whatever, but the Foos are definitely THE artist I've grown up with more than any other. Been a fan since I was a kid and always will be. This hurts, yo.

I'm kinda rambling and don't have much to say, but...talk about a punch in the gut!

Rest in peace Taylor!!! You deserve all the love and accolades headed your way. Wherever you are now, it's probably a better place than here!

In lighter news, looks like tomorrow I'll be marathoning Queen and The Eagles all day in his honor.

[​IMG]

23. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo Thread Starter

From Colombia newspaper “El Tiempo”

Taylor Hawkins: lo que se sabe de muerte del baterista de Foo Fighters

Google Translation

Taylor Hawkins: what is known about his death in Bogotá

This Friday the band Foo Fighters confirmed the death of their drummer, Taylor Hawkins. The group was going to perform this Friday at the Estereo Picnic Festival (FEP) and according to sources in the area, it was announced live that the Americans would not be able to sing at the event. Minutes later, the tragic news was known.

After knowing this fact, the band confirmed that they will cancel the tour they had scheduled for Latin America.

Preliminary information provided by officials of the Casa Medina hotel located in the town of Chapinero -Cra 7 # 69a-22-, announced the death of the artist Oliver Taylor Hawkins.

The cause of death remains to be established. According to witness versions, the death could be associated with the consumption of narcotic substances.

According to first versions, Hawkins had chest pain and then an ambulance was called, but when the doctors arrived, the artist had already died.

A Sijin laboratory and investigators are carrying out the respective investigations at the scene to establish the possible cause of his death, the Police reported.

The musical group would perform at the Estéreo Picnic Festival today at 11 pm and it was the main attraction of the music festival due to its importance today.

Possible crowds in the vicinity of the hotel are not ruled out once the news is made public.

24. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

He loved Queen. That's how he registers in my head, though I enjoy the FF. This is shocking. He's too damn young.

25. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

The band cancelled the remaining dates of their tour way back in 2001 when Hawkins was hospitalized and in a heroin-induced coma for two weeks, IIRC. So any thoughts now about "who can take over for this tour" is out of touch with the reality and tragedy of what's now happened.

Terrible loss, so shocking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.