Foo Fighters to play two Taylor Hawkins tribute shows

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by autumn daze, Jun 8, 2022.

1. erikdavid5000

erikdavid5000 Forum Resident

I honestly can’t see him doing an AC/DC tour. There’s just no way. I can’t really see Angus pulling it off either at this point. Sad to say.

twicks and J_D__ like this.
  2. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

I could definitely see AC/DC doing a tour at some point soon…maybe not the gargantuan tours of old but a carefully planned 9 month one? Sure.

3. DolphinsIntheJacuzzi

DolphinsIntheJacuzzi Forum Resident

They might be able to do it, but I'm not sure how great Brian would sound by the end of it.

4. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

Good for Angus, man. We really need to normalize rock retirement.

5. erikdavid5000

erikdavid5000 Forum Resident

I agree. Or we should at least make it ok to downscale and not pretend (and still charge $$$) as if you’re still at your peak.

AngusStanley and twicks like this.
  6. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

7. MikaelaArsenault

8. MikaelaArsenault

9. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Does anyone know if the Kia Forum concert will be streaming? Hopefully that wasn’t a one-time deal for just the Wembley show.

10. Ragged Glory

Ragged Glory Forum Resident

Yes, I think the plan is to stream them both. Same deal as before - Paramount+.

Edit - Actually I've just checked again and the streaming info only ever makes explicit reference to Wembley. Interesting. Hopefully we'll be getting an LA stream as well. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

MikaelaArsenault and AKA like this.
  11. JohnJ

JohnJ Forum Resident

the streaming details for Wembley were released quite close to the date IIRC.

12. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

It makes total sense why they’d do an LA show as well but surely all of the emotions are an afterthought now. I’m so glad selfishly that they did Wembley first!

13. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

I am curious about this as well - so far I haven't read anything about it so I am leaning towards not but I do hope I am wrong

14. MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt

MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt Just spinning on my axis

Update nobody asked for, but for what it's worth: since I posted this, I've familiarised myself with Liam and Noel's solo work, and I like them both so much I ordered physical copies of each Gallagher's first two albums. Noel is really talented. I had no idea. His post-Oasis style is right up my street. Liam's obviously got a solid team of songwriters and musicians to set him up, and they've done a superb job; Liam sounds great. Saying that, among my favourite Liam songs are the ones he wrote himself.

I've also since listened to the entire Oasis discography. Still not much of an Oasis fan, but I do like their final album, which makes sense, since the second half seems to serve as the intro to Noel's solo career.

Never in a million years would I have given the Gallagher brothers' solo work the time of day if not for Dave asking Liam to open the tribute concert. I'm super pleased I've discovered them now - along with a couple of other artists from the show. Makes me wonder how many others discovered or rediscovered artists from watching the tribute concert.

15. AngusStanley

AngusStanley Forum Resident

Gene Simmons has pulled out of the LA show. Shades of the 2011 MJ tribute show all over again.

16. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Wish I could experience discovering Oasis again.

Wait til you discover all the incredible bsides!!!!

The Fame
    Step Out
    The Masterplan
    Going Nowhere
    Just Getting Older

Etc

17. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

The LA show will not be live streaming according to posts online. It will be available in some form to watch after the event.

MikaelaArsenault and warewolf95 like this.
  18. JohnJ

JohnJ Forum Resident

it feels like quite an anti climax to be honest. It’s going to be emotional and hopefully a great day for those who are actually at the gig - but for me who was at Wembley, I feel like I want that to serve as my tribute, and I’m not that interested in the LA gig.

19. BRush

BRush Senior Member

If anyone is interested, Ticketmaster has been releasing tickets for tonight’s Taylor Hawkins Tribute.

I’ve decided to go, got a seat behind the stage for $175.
    General Admission on the floor was close to $500. I’m almost 65 & didn’t want to stand for 8 hours.

Its Taylor’s hometown, he attended a lot of gigs at the Forum. It should be a highly emotional night.

20. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Foo Fighters: Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert KIA Forum - How to watch live online

How you can watch it
    Apart from visiting the stadium for the performances there are plenty of ways to watch it. It will begin Tuesday 27 September 2022 at 7pm PT/10pm ET.

For the US audience, live coverage will be across Paramount+.

For the US and global audiences, Pluto TV will be showing.

For the rest of the world, MTV Brand YouTube Channels will be live streaming the event.

If you miss the show then on-demand access will be available globally via Paramount+ on Saturday, 27 September and on Pluto TV and MTV TV VOD starting a few days later.

21. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I knew this was going to be live streamed. Living in central time zone I took tomorrow off because this is going to be a very late evening. :cool:

22. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

I highly, highly doubt this is accurate. No announcement from the band whatsoever and a single mention from a random Spanish soccer website no one has ever heard of, directly copying the messaging from the Wembley stream.

More likely just linkbaiting for ad impressions.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  23. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Hmm, could be, I just Googled and found it (didn't really pay attention to the source). The last line is pretty telling that it is copy/paste with just the date changed.

If you miss the show then on-demand access will be available globally via Paramount+ on Saturday, 27 September and on Pluto TV and MTV TV VOD starting a few days later.

Pitchfork from a few days ago (very bottom of the page):
    Foo Fighters Announce More Artists for Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert in Los Angeles
    CORRECTION: A previous version of this story indicated that the Los Angeles concert would be livestreamed on Paramount+. The concert will not have a livestream broadcast.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  24. uncle

uncle Senior Member

Hopefully it will still be available on Paramount Plus shortly after maybe by this weekend?

25. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Gonna go out on a limb and say it will not. No announcement from the band = no definitive plans for release at the moment.