For Clogs: "DON ELLIS LIVE AT THE FILLMORE"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ronflugelguy, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek Thread Starter

Just wanted to let you know, that I pulled out this one tonight and played it. After all the years that have past , Its still killer and one of the most exciting live albums ever! Three drummers(incl. Don himself) was just fantastic!!!!!!!!! I got my copy at Big Al's Record Barn in Santa Clara Ca. on the late 80's.:righton: :wave: :wave: :righton:

2. clogs

clogs New Member

Back to you Ron

You're coming in loud and clear, Ron. In fact, after reading your post I tossed it into my little CD player back here where the computer is and am enjoying it as I type. No, it's not out on CD. I've got a pristine copy that I found at Streetlight Records here in the City. So, I burned it on my MAC. I've been to Big Al's, now located on Bascom Avenue, in San Jose. He's got a lot of dreck, but sometimes you can find a gem. If you get out this way, try Analog Room on Fruitdale at Meridian, in San Jose. Brian Hartsell is one of the owners and he's got pretty much any new vinyl that's out on the market. He knows the guys at Classic and Acoustic Sounds, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he knows Steve, also. He's got a website(analogroom.com), however it's only partially completed. He's getting ready to do internet shipping, as well as, phone orders, I believe.

CIAOFORNOW,
    CLOGS

3. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek Thread Starter

Clogs, I frequent The Analog Room about every six months or so. Bought My VPI table from Brian, Have used his mail order..... not too fast. But a visit to the shop is worth the drive I have to make. They have it all there under one roof! See ya, Ron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.