For Steve: Any Other CDs With Hidden Bonus Tracks?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Steve
    I love the hidden "She's Not There" bonus track on the Zombies CD. Are there any others?

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Well, they are called "hidden", right?

If I tell you then they won't be hidden anymore. ;)

3. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

SH Mastered Hidden Tracks!

I can see it now, scads of forum members going through each and every SH mastered CD searching for hidden tracks! Another homework assignment from Steve!

Bob ;)

4. Michael

Ha Ha! You got me on that one! Ah Come on...Please...LOL!

5. Matt

Matt New Member

If you got a computer, a good internet connection, and a CD playing program with CDDB database access, try popping in your DCC CD's and see what sort of information pops up. Chances are, the database will also identify the track's name.

6. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Just to be on the safe side, I played my DCC Everly Brothers' Best once more, from beginning to end, to make sure that "Walk Right Back" wasn't included as a hidden bonus track.

It wasn't. :( Oh, well...

7. Michael

On some CDs there were 2 pressings. So a bonus track may be on the 2nd pressing!

8. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I'm suprised no one uses a phony TOC to hide a bonus track before track 1, 00:00. That's a perfect place to hide music. It's been done.

Putting music after the last known track is easy to spot. Most people don't go to Track01, then skip backwards. ;)

9. Loud Listener

Loud Listener Forum Resident

There is an extra track on my Journey - Trial By Fire CD.

Don't even know the name of it, it isn't listed.

10. lerun

lerun Forum Resident

"Stardust" by Nat King Cole

This track on Nat King Cole's Love Is The Thing" at about 3.12 of track # 15 is really a killer. My friend who has this Gold CD many years ago didn't realise it.

11. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

The promo CD of the self titled Supergrass album has a hidden track which you access by rewinding from the beginning of track 1. It's just a little jokey thing (I won't spoil it by revealing what it is ;)). My SCD-1 can't access it, but my CD-63SE has no problem - I guess it's a little hit and miss putting hidden tracks on CD in this way.......

12. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

Bob sez:
    "I can see it now, scads of forum members going through each and every SH mastered CD searching for hidden tracks!"

I hear, if you play a certain DCC CD backwards, you will hear "Turn Me On Hoff-Man!"

:rolleyes:

13. SonicZone

SonicZone Senior Member

Here's one I discovered strictly by accident while doing a rip in EAC:

ELO's Face The Music (Sony MasterSound gold disc)

I won't blurb this one here either, save for this: It technically isn't even a "track". (If you know this album, you might be able to guess what it is. I'll say no more.)

14. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

Are you talking about the "go back..." bit at the beginning of Fire On High? I remember taking the belt drive off my turntable 20 or so years ago and using my finger to work that one out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.