Former Collectors Choice VP/GM Gordon Anderson to launch new reissue record label *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Khojem, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khojem

Khojem Forum Resident Thread Starter

It's amazing what you can find when not searching for something.

Gordon Anderson, former VP/GM of Collectors Choice Music, is in the process of opening a new record label. The label, called Real Gone Music, will "[license] repertoire from major and independent labels, artist estates and other sources for release on CD, vinyl and digital formats."

No launch date mentioned.

2. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

3. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Sounds like that British thing, The King is dead, long live the King. :)

But it'll be too bad if all the Collector's Choice catalog is buried in neglect.

4. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

That sounds great. I've felt that Collectors Choice did some fine jobs on relatively rare unreleased on CD albums, right up to recent times. Just listening over the last few weeks to Lamb's second album on CCM - nice sound, unfutzed-with, no compression, never before on CD, came out in 2009. Great! Hopefully more like that.

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Gordon is in it for the music, totally. A refreshing change from the usual deal. Hopefully Ed O. and I can contribute lots of yummy projects.

6. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

:righton:

7. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I am glad that Gordon Anderson is coming back. He should license some of the albums that are soon going OOP on Collector's Choice that have been perennial sellers to start with.

8. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

This is news to rejoice over!

9. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Yay! Lee Michaels, please.

10. dale 88

dale 88 Errand Boy for Rhythm

Well, I am glad to hear this. I know I will buy many of his projects.

11. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

i worked with him on the jefferson airplane live cd's a while back. glad to see he hasn't lost his passion.

12. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

That's great news! Maybe he can put out the Connie Stevens and Shelby Flint WB singles collections that Collectors Choice has been sitting on.

13. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

Any word of investors backing him?Starting from scratch in 2011 for physical product is a daunting task.Doing it at an affordable non-audiophile price point,as Gordon as done in the past,puts a little ice on the mountain.More power to him and hope it succeeds while Super D takes one on the chin.

14. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

Form Gordon's LinkedIn page:

I and my partner, Gabby Castellana, are launching a record label under the name of Real Gone Music. We will be licensing repertoire from major and independent labels, artist estates and other sources for release on CD, vinyl and digital formats.

15. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Outstanding!:cheers:

16. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

This is great news!! Gordon, I know that I would love to see more of those mono singles collections you were starting to do at Collectors Choice. You "got it" & understood why those sounds needed to be preserved!

Dexter

17. frankfan1

frankfan1 Some days I feel like Balok

Great news indeed. The Dean Martin, Nat Cole, Johnny Mathis, Peggy Lee, Kingston Trio reissues were terrific, and are now going out of print. The new Bing Crosby reissues were great, and only lasted a few months before being yanked.

18. JRF

JRF Forum Resident

Hip hip hooray :cheers:

19. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

Those are nice releases. I just finished listening to them.

20. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

wow! this sounds promising!

21. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Have there even been any new CC issues since the takeover?

The website looks the same, but I don't believe I'v seen any new releases.

22. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Great news regarding Gordon starting a new reissue label (Sincere best wishes with your venture, Gordon and let's hope for more mono sets from Ed O. and Steve H.).

As for Collector's Choice releases, I'm very quickly learning that if you've been holding out buying any of their reissues, you better get 'em right NOW or good luck finding them later!

Chris C

23. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

I had a knock down, drag out fight with CC over a Dean Martin release several years ago which led directly to a one-on-one with Gordon. To make a long story short, I was correct and CC was in error. Gordon immediately recognized their error once I presented it to him, apologized profusely, had the CD withdrawn from circulation and had it correctly remastered at Capitol before re-releasing it.

Class act, that guy!:righton:

24. Steve...O

Steve...O Forum Resident

It's a shame the new owners of CCM didn't recognize what a treasure they had in Gordon.

I wish him the best in his new endeavors and look forward to seeing what they come up with.

25. jsrstereo

jsrstereo Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.