Fortitude, Season Two (now, with more fortitude!)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dillydipper, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite Thread Starter

Anybody Watching Fortitude?

That's the (now closed) thread about the first season of Sky Atlantic's Fortitude, a crime drama above the arctic circle, that, eh, goes "way off the reservation". We got it in the U.S. on the late-great Pivot network, pitched to GenXers, Millenials and tree-huggers (yeah, heckuva demo, huh). See, it all started with global warming thawing out this reindeer, which this polar bear ate, which this dying photographer shot (oh, I just got the joke: "Shoot anything good today?" "Well, I shot a polar bear..." "How'd it come out?" "Pretty bloody; I didn't use my Leica, I used my Mauser..."). Creepy ensues.

Season Two is a Amazon Prime exclusive, 10 eps, that surprisingly, picks up where the first series left off. Folks not yet dead die, folks not alive anymore come back - oh, and there's a shaman (they could have at least had a town meeting to decide if they were gonna call him a "shah-mn" or a, "shay-mn"). No surprise insect swarms this time around, but a pretty freaky cast of returning characters, built on the freakiest aspect of Series 1. There's also Dennis Quaid for the Americans who don't recognize any of the other actors. The new governor's a plant. The old governor gets a close-up look at the water supply. E.R.'s cutest Indian doctor gets the world's crappiest medical assignment. And you're left scratching your head wondering why the freeziest town at the a**-end of Norway has so many hot women (answer: it's Norway, dummy - there's this surplus...).

Oh yeah - there's Russians. Well...there were Russians...

And (shhhh!) our hero is a "monster". Or...maybe we don't need the quotation marks (dunt-dunt-DUUNNNN!).

All this, and free shipping over $40. Bezos is a genius.

2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Well, this show certainly went down a spiral after a very good to excellent season 1. It reminds me of what happened with Orphan Black - excellent S1, then downhill (in terms of plot).

Speaking of the arctic circle and Tatiana Maslany, if you want to combine the two, take a gander at Two Lovers And A Bear - it's just about as weird!

GodShifter likes this.
  3. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Season One with Stanley Tucci was well done and had a fairly strong narrative. This current
    run is dreadful - how did Dennis Quaid ever get mixed up in this?! The only highlight is the
    old dude playing the `new governor'.....he is priceless and could easily go head-to-head with
    DeNiro and/or Pacino. Having said all that, there is nothing wrong with `Fortitude' that a
    little gratuitous female nudity wouldn't cure.

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

See Two Lovers And A Bear :D

5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Really enjoyed season 2.
    Season 3 is last season.

6. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It'll be a shortened 4 ep season to wrap things up.

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Please tell me Dennis Quaid is not in it.

8. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Richard Dormer is absolutely brilliant in it.

9. Etienne Hanratty

Etienne Hanratty Forum Resident

Just finished season 3 and I’m not so sure it wrapped anything up other than a couple of strands that were new to season 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.