Found "A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra" MoFi LP, unopened! Should I play it?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dan C, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer Thread Starter

Cool find digging around a 'junk' store in Montana. Sealed MoFi for $2.50!
    So, should I toss it on eBay and retire ;) , or should I just play and enjoy (which I'm dying to do right now).
    Thanks,
    Dan C

2. Evan

Evan Senior Member

Play IT!!!!!!! You can still sell it as mint after if you want to :D

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

You can't take it with you.

God wanted you to have it, my son.

Tis a very ironic blessing.

Crack it open and take good care of it.

4. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

Play it - it was meant to be enjoyed! You spent $2.50!! You will get a few shekels if you sell it, but what will it do?? Help with a mortgage/rent payment? Get ahead on a credit card? Pay for 1/4 of your kids textbooks next semester? Pay for your autos gas for the next month - - all things you could handle already. Some people I know buy themselves Christmas and/or birthday presents by taking a few hundred bucks and spending it on themselves. You got one that cost you a couple of bucks. Despite ANY apparent value - I say play the piss out of it!! Play it a couple of dozen times.

That SURELY what I would do.

5. Dan C

Advice taken. Frank's singing in my swingin' pad tonight!:cheers:

Thanks,
    Dan C :)

6. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Give us a report later!

7. rontokyo

rontokyo Senior Member

Just curious. What does it go for on eBay?

8. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

I picked up this album a few years ago for $20 at Music Direct.It was pressed in Japan.If you hold it up to the light you can see right through it.Fantastic sound.

9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Great decision! It's also available on CD...So you can CDR it and get the CD and have the best of both worlds...An excellent LP!
    Merry Christmas.

10. Sound

Sound Member

Hi Ron,
    This title never acheived the value you would think it deserved. Maybe $75 - 80 on Ebay.
    Great Christmas LP though.

11. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

Hi Dan,
    I was in the same predicament this month. I found Jolly Christmas Sealed for about $25 in August and wasn't sure I should open it. I opened it and am glad I did.
    Best,
    Aaron

12. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Indeed it has not; and indeed it is. But I don't care if something's worth a thousand bucks or more--unless it's going directly to the highest bidder, that sucker gets opened and played--if only once. And in the case of a CD, just burn it(and clone it from the original CDR a few times), copy the booklet/back cover as best as you can, make it look 'kinda authentic' and you'll have one of your own, so you can sell the mint copy on eBay to anyone willing to pay. And it's a damned good album, no mistake. But for that modest price, not worth selling; very worth keeping.

Enjoy, Dan, and have a great holiday!

ED:cool:

13. Dan C

An amazing album it is! I've never owned this collection on CD or vinyl and I had a great time listening to it.
    The vinyl's perfect. No warps or defects, that JVC vinyl sounded incredible. The mastering doesn't seem to suffer from the overly 'plump' sound that MoFi did sometimes.
    Just a terrific record and I'm glad I opened it! It'll get some heavy rotation over the next couple of days, that's for sure. Yup, a Christmas gift from the vinyl gods! :)
    Thanks all,
    Dan C

14. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Dan,

The Gods were smiling upon you. A SEALED Sinatra MoFi LP in the outbacks of Montana for $2.50!!!!

It was meant to be, buddy. Let it only enhance your holiday enjoyment!

MM

15. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

PLAY IT!!!
    PLAY IT!!!
    PLAY IT!!!
    PLAY IT!!!
    PLAY IT!!!PLAY IT!!!PLAY IT!!!PLAY IT!!!PLAY IT!!!PLAY IT!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.