Frank Zappa - Orchestral Favorites (40th Anniversary Edition) (3 CD) tbr August 15th 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Galeans, Jun 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeddy

jeddy Forum Resident

agreed!

always thought Greggery Peccary was one of his greatest compositions

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  2. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

love instrumental/backing track/outtake stuff on deluxe editions....so often the source of unforeseen gold.
    In a similarly weird vein - less crime drama, more whimsy.

Rooster_Ties, jay.dee and anth67 like this.
  3. And another relevant version of GP to consider, and enjoy - none other than the Ensemble Modern’s(!) reinterpretation/rendition of it from 2003.

Sans Frank, of course, but didn’t Frank practically say that the EM was his ne plus ultra ‘band’ - at least in terms of the more complex of his composage...

Zongadude and jay.dee like this.
  4. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I like it musically (no surprise, the EM is marvelous), but the narrator is terrible.

vivalapsych and Cheevyjames like this.
  5. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

What I'm currently considering. Fortunately, I have it all on Spotify. I believe I had the poor-sounding Royce Hall bootlegs at one point.

6. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

Exactly.
    It's almost as if they listened to George Duke's vocals on the Studio Tan Lp at the normal slowed-down speed, and learnt them that way ! (too slow).

Overall it's a fantastic effort, though !

7. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

Yeah isn't like EVERYTHING of Frank's on there? I was surprised and very happy to see that when I got an account. I have a bunch of it on CD and LP but to have it all a click away for casual listening, it's great.

misterjones likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.