Freakin' Sweet! It's the FAMILY GUY thread!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by spice9, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Heh, marvel at my astonishing prescience (which was completely coincidental). Stewie & Brian do Sherlock Holmes with lots of old timey gags. Liked the Benjamin Hill bit plus many others, but I really lolled when they were about to chase not-Lois and Stewie exclaims: "we have to chase her through a series of shots where she has an inconsistent lead on us". So funny because it's a perennial faux pas! :D

2. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

It was a funny episode. And how in the heck did they get away with the visual and verbal jokes about the gay chimney sweeps? LOL

3. BeaTleBob5

BeaTleBob5 John, Paul, George, Ringo & Bob

Peter gets a prostate exam

4. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Hey Quagmire don't you want to get in on this?

I kinda got my own thing going' on over here

5. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

That was an excellent Tom Hanks film sir!

6. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Funny two-parter!

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Best Line:
    "We've changed absolutely NOBODY'S mind here."

8. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Does anyone happen to know if the recent DVD release of Season 16 is supposed to come with a slipcase? Just curious because all the previous season DVDs had one, but the copies I've seen in stores for this new release have just been in regular cases. I've noticed it's not uncommon for some stores to carry a non-slipcase version, even if the DVD is supposed to have one, so I wanted to make sure before I pick it up.

9. dangorange

dangorange Forum Resident

Fun fact, I was in college with Seth Macfarlane (didn't really know him) and there was an apartment just off campus that always had the craziest parties and the door was covered with fake fur. So everyone would just say, party at the fuzzy door when something was coming up. I thought it was funny when I first saw that Seth named his company Fuzzy Door Productions.

10. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Pretty funny commentary ep.

:laugh:

11. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yep, that was pretty meta, even for this show! There was even dig at the Disney acquisition.

Scope J likes this.
  12. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Myke likes this.
  13. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Based on the clip I saw on youtube, the chimney sweep bit was severely edited down for TV... the uncut version on the DVD is longer and much more suggestive.

14. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

This season's been pretty
    good, thought the Friends
    parody ep. sucked though.

neo123 likes this.
  15. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I didn't think the Friends parody was bad. It could've been better, but I was satisfied. I love all these types of episodes in which Peter and Lois (and Peter's friends) are younger and how they met. There must be a half dozen or more episodes over the years that tell a different story on how they met. LOL. One consistent and common theme in all of those episodes is Lois' father trying to break them up.

Scope J likes this.
  16. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Funny Xmas ep.!

was that Popol Vuh playing
    during Meg's dream sequence?!

neo123 likes this.
  17. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Yep. That episode was one of the funniest Christmas episodes in a long time.

Meg: <The look on Meg's face while bouncing on Santa's lap>
    Stewie: "I know that look. That's the same look Lois has while sitting on the Washing Machine when doing the laundry." (Paraphrase)

Then she spent the whole episode going from Mall to Mall trying to find the same Mall Santa to try to get the same feeling a 2nd time.

Scope J likes this.
  18. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

It was Force Majeure by Tangerine Dream ... a homage (I assume) to their track Love On A Real Train in the movie Risky Business.

I did like the Die Hard carol set to the tune of Silent Night: Yip-ee Kay-aaaay, Mother-F****. Yip-ee Kay-aaay, Mother-F****

--Geoff

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    Scope J likes this.
  19. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

So THAT's the reason it's called like that! Thanks - this has bugged me for years, believe it or not.

dangorange and dave9199 like this.
  20. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

The past couple of DVD sets (seasons 16 & 17) have been released without a slipcover like the previous sets had. The show itself is still great, but the care put into the DVD packaging has really gone downhill.

21. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

What's the buzz?

Tell me what uh happen-nin'

22. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

1% Cat

:laugh:

Dubmart likes this.
  23. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Does anybody have an idea of when (and if) Season 18 will be released on DVD?

24. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

I haven't found any info on it. What makes it more difficult is the UK dvd called season 18. I've also wondered if The Simpsons will reissue season 20 also.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  25. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I was hoping season 18 would have been released by now-I was expecting it to be released late last year, possibly in time for a Christmas '20 release, but obviously that didn't happen... I wonder what the holdup is...

Regarding "The Simpsons"-If they do reissue season 20, I hope they actually add some extras this time around, not another bare bones release like when it was originally released.