"Friday The 13th Blu Ray Collection" Released 10/13/2020

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Psychedelic Good Trip, Mar 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere Thread Starter

Checked again and my PT. 3 blu ray has the R1. I was looking at the blu ray that came with the box set not the replacement.

2. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

This looks like a great set!!!! Love the movies, book and the documentary Blu Ray .....so I'm thinking I have no excuse for not getting this right?

Psychedelic Good Trip and D-rock like this.
  3. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere Thread Starter

By all means indulge on all items.

;)

Juggsnelson likes this.
  4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I bought it originally from deepdiscount.com and then sent Shout a copy of my invoice to get the replacement discs.

5. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Bought it today!

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Is there a link to the blu-ray box, link for the replacement discs and a link for the book?

... edit ... duh, blu-ray box link in beginning of thread

7. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

Hopefully this gets a new movie going

Psychedelic Good Trip and D-rock like this.
  8. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous

For those wondering where to look for the R1 on the replacement discs, it’s on the label side of the discs around the ring. There should be an R1 after the catalogue number after the copyright info.

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  9. paulisdead

How long ago? I only found out recently.

10. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

I’m throwing in a bit of nerdiness here for any interested Friday fans. A member of the forums on the blu ray dot com website pointed out something interesting about the original film recently.

There’s a scene in Friday the 13th where Ned sees a figure, wearing a heavy coat and a hat, walk into one of the cabins. He calls out “hello?” and follows this person, who isn’t one of the counselors, into the cabin (which leads to his death). Spoiler for a forty-year old movie, but the figure is Mrs. Voorhees.

In the past, on cable television, DVDs and earlier blu-rays, I’ve never been able to see any features on the figure in the cloak, who first appears on camera in side profile before turning away from the camera and walking into the cabin. The image wasn’t clear enough (I’ve never seen the movie in a theater, so I can’t speak for that experience). I assumed a stand-in or crew member probably wore the coat and hat for this scene. The scene is shot so the viewer isn’t supposed to see the figure very well, as it’s from Ned’s point of view, and a long distance shot (two shots intercut with a shot of Ned looking at the cabin, actually).

A member of the blu ray forum posted that, on the new scan for the Scream Factory set, you can clearly see that it’s Betsey Palmer herself, not someone else.

I pulled out my copy, watched the scene carefully, and… they are correct. You may have to pause the scene (right when Ned first looks up at the cabin), then run the scene in slow-motion, but you can see Betsey Palmer’s face in side profile for just about one second (maybe even less), before she turns away from the camera.

I have never seen this before, because past editions didn’t have picture quality strong enough to see it. Scream Factory’s new scan does. That’s how good it is.

Anyway, apologies for being a nerd, but I thought this was pretty cool.

11. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

But do the various Friday the 13th movies have the same rights/distribution headaches that makes the 15-disc Halloween box unlikely to return?

D-rock and noname74 like this.
  12. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

Different ownership. Paramount owns the first eight. The next three are owned by New Line. Not sure about the remake. Scream had to make concessions and compromises to get the owners to agree to the set (just as they did with the Halloween box). If you want all of these films together, with the bonus material, get the Scream Factory box now. It was originally a limited edition, but sales were spectacular, so Scream Factory was allowed to print up more copies. They probably won’t be able to do that forever.

If you just want the first eight and aren’t interested in the extras, Paramount has already announced a new blu ray set of the first eight films, later this year, which probably uses the same new scans as the SF box.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    D-rock and SamS like this.
  13. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

What he said. :laugh:

14. paulisdead

Received my replacement discs today. Only took 3 and 1/2 weeks to get to Australia. Pretty good!

15. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Which Halloween set?

16. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Nevermind I looked it up

17. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I watched Jason Goes To Hell for the first time last week. Pretty bad, for the most part. And of all the actresses I might have expected to see in a Friday the 13th Film, Erin Gray was not one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.