"Friends" finale - who will be watching?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

I won't be watching it with the rest of the country (I get up at 2:00 am :eek: ) but I'll be taping it!

2. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

In an unpredented move, Warner is going to be releasing the finale on DVD as early as Tuesday, May 11, stating that it will be a limited edition. They have also stated that they're going to screw fans over by not including it on the "complete tenth season" DVD.

Attached Files:

3. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

People are getting their knickers in a twist over nothing. Only the broadcast version of the series finale is exclusive to this set. The Season 10 set will include the extended version of the series finale, as is typical with the Friends DVD sets. See, e.g., the following:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1333&Nav=yes

http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?ciid=&storeid=2&familyid=N60438&deptid=2926&track=2926

4. My girlfriend and I will be watching. She has a satellite and will get the early feed at 6pm here, from NBC Buffalo, NY. I do agree with Steve. The cast's salaries are ridiculous.

Come to think of it, Survivor will be on at the same time. Guess I'll have the remote in hand.

5. Van Helsing = Kate Beckinsale :love: :love: Hope to see this movie real soon.

6. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

What made it jump the shark? Does it have anything to do with the theme song? :D

7. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

I'll be watching, and I'll definitely miss the show. I've been watching since day one (because I'd fallen for Courteney Cox on Family Ties :D ). I think it's a show that works very well primarily because it was perfectly cast.

8. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual

I'll TiVO it, so that i can skip over the ads to see the ~40 minutes of episode. I stopped watching the show over two years when Mrs. Pitt gave birth to Emitt or whatever his name is.

That said, i can see Steve's point. As i'm driving home tonight, i'll be getting on the freeway and there will likely be a fellow there at the metered onramp with a sign that reads "VietNam Vet down on his luck. Any help is appreciated". I'll go home to my own embarassment of riches - very nice hi-fi gear and an awful lot of LPs and CDs.

I heard an astounding statistic a few years ago. The average baseball player visits the plate three times per game. That baseball player makes the same amount of money every single time he goes to the plate that the average schoolteacher makes in a whole year! Given the three at-bats/game multiplied by the number of games/season yields a very unsettling sum. My wife is a retired schoolteacher. She quit because she was tired of how devalued her profession has become. Our society has strange priorities. :(

Maybe i won't watch Friends, after all.

9. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I'll be listening to Oscar Peterson, Prince and Loretta Lynn......

Goodbye Friends, don't let the door hit yer butt on the way out!

10. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

I'm probably in the minority here, but I never really got into "Friends." I don't what all the hubub is about - I find the show very mediocre and overrated. It's definitely not in the same league as "Seinfeld," "The Simpsons" or "Dick Van Dyke."

11. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I'm also in that minority! Any episode I have been forced to watch while visiting friends or family was torturous.

12. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Please excuse my mess.

13. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

I'm so worn on seeing the "Pretty People" on TV. Why can't we have normal people on television shows? It just makes me tired all over.

As for me, I'll continue to work my way through my Marx bros. DVD set. :goodie:

14. Paul Chang

Paul Chang Forum Old Boy, Former Senior Member Has-Been

I watched only one re-run episode in which Ross played rugby. I was searching for rugby games in my satellite receiver's on screen program guide and came across it. I still prefer real rugby games.

15. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I'll be watching!

It still makes me laugh... :)

16. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

They'll be there for you, Gary....one last time.

Evan

17. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Zzzzzzz. Never watched it and won't be starting now.

18. chaz

chaz Senior Member

Not me either. Have never seen an episode and hope to never ever ever see one :righton:

19. Ian

Ian Active Member

Didn't watch the last episode of Friends. Had class. Could've video taped it but I don't have a Teevee :D... I don't have a tv but I AM on line... Slight irony there.

20. RDK

RDK Active Member

I'm sure you're just being facetious, but I've never understood statements like this. Why would anyone "hope to never ever see one?" I can understand someone not liking the show, but without seeing it how would you know? What if it turned out to be your favorite show ever? You would never know it and would have denied yourself the pleasure. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.