From Justin to Kelly DVD release confirmed!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tyler, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member Thread Starter

The greatest film of 2003 (and possibly of all time) is scheduled to come out on August 26th. That's right, "From Justin to Kelly" will finally be available to view in the comfort of your own home.

You'll laugh
    You'll cry
    You'll jump all over your living room with glee!

Simply put, movies like this just don't get made anymore. It's a very rare occasion when something this brilliant is projected onto the silver screen.

August 26th just can't come fast enough, my only reason for living is to own this DVD. Will this movie bring world peace or a stable economy? Maybe, never under estimate the power of Kelly Clarkson.

2. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I think they have had the DVD's in the can for a while now... Heh.

Attached Files:

4. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I can always watch Frankie and Annette instead!!!

5. Matt

Matt New Member

Sheesh, how long was it in the theaters? Seriously, a week?

6. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

What was the phrase someone coined for Elvis Presley flicks?

Cinema Vacuum

7. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Shouldn't they really wait until Oscar season before releasing discs like this?

8. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member Thread Starter

That's what I thought! Those studio boneheads don't know an Oscar contender when they see one.

9. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I think they have had the DVD's in the can for a while now... Heh.

Steve Hoffman has attached this image:

Who let the dogs out??????YEEEESH!!!!!!!!!!

10. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

Hey it was number 61 last week and grossed $12k with a four week total of just under 5 million. It's only at 29 theaters now though.
    Hey I think it beat Glitter!

Aaron

11. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Will there be a Director's Cut?

mud-:D

12. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Maybe someone will take pity on the world and do a MAGNIFICENT AMBERSONS on it, cut out about an hour's worth and ditch the footage somewhere at the bottom of the pacific. That should leave enough time for whatever music was in the film. There was music, right? Forgive me for not running to the nearest theater to find out for sure....:p

ED:cool:

13. RDK

RDK Active Member

Could this possibly be any worse than those old Frankie & Annette flicks? (discounting the nostalgia factor)

14. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Well, it could be: the Beach Party movies had Dick Dale & The Del-Tones, Little Stevie Wonder, the Pyramids and many others playing some music.
    I think the choices for the new flick are pretty obvious...:eek:

ED:cool:

15. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Every decade, one movie stands out above the rest: Gone With The Wind, Citizen Kane, Ben Hur, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Godfather, Driving Miss Daisy, Pulp Fiction, From Justin To Kelly...

16. Peter D

Peter D Forum Resident

It had a director? Did he work under an assumed name?

17. RDK

RDK Active Member

The only problem I have with the harsh criticism of this film - and lord knows it probably deserves it and I have no interest at all in seeing it - is that it was never meant to be anything other than what it is: an attempt to cash in on the success of Idol. No one ever suggested that this film was going to be good or win any awards; the hope was that it might simply be good summer fun for its teenie bopper, pop music-loving audience. And the crowd here is most certainly not the audience, which means knocking it is like shooting fish in a barrel: it takes no effort.

I'd have more respect for your criticism if one of you actually went to see it.

There, I dare you... ;)

18. RDK

RDK Active Member

And I hate you all for putting me in the position to "defend" crap like this...

:D

19. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I think she's cute and has a pleasant voice.

20. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Yes, Kelly is cute and has a pleasant voice although I don't care for the single "Miss Independent." I'd especially not like it if Christina Aguilera, the writer of the song, were to have included it on "Stripped" and release it as a single. "A Moment Like This" is a nice pleasant pop song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.