Funniest stage banter

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mick sakka, Sep 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iggy Pop in the shows that made up Metallic K.O., esp. the final show, has the best banter of any live album ever.
    (Example, on the extended version, from the final show: "This is for all you boys and girls who wanna slow dance. It's entitled I GOT S***!")

Also Johnny Thunders is great on the D.T.K. - Live At The Speakeasy album. One sample: "This song is called All By Myself, and that's how I feel!"
    Johnny was great on a bunch of live albums.
    And he was NO JOKE to me, dammit.

Vangro likes this.
  2. Vangro

Vangro Forum Resident

He's also very funny, with a lot less swearing, on the Velvet Underground's Live 1969/Matrix Tapes.

3. Bucks

Bucks Forum Resident

4. Post-Punk Monk

Post-Punk Monk Seeking divinity in records from '78-'85 or so…

This man…
    [​IMG]
    Graham Parker, is hilarious in concert. I'd see him even without instruments allowed on stage.

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I don't think there's anyone who doesn't consider Having Fun With Elvis on Stage to be pretty much the most hilarious music-related album of all time.

[​IMG]

Philip Gruber likes this.
  6. Sky Dawg

Sky Dawg Forum Resident

My vote goes to both Dan Hicks, who could be both hilarious and super insulting and Tom Waits.

7. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

Patton Oswalt was hired by Michael Penn and Aimee Mann to do their in-between song patter. He was pretty good! But I thought Michael and Aimee were actually pretty good at that already, from shows I had seen before.

8. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Some of Jim Morrison's banter with The Doors on their live recordings were a hoot:

"Well that's New York for ya, the only people who rush the stage are guys, ya know?"

"Man, that's what I call a New York joint. You can pick your teeth with a New York joint"

"Pretty neat, pretty neat ..... pretty good, pretty good."

"Ah, ladies and gentlemen, I don't know if you realize it but tonight you're in for a special treat
    (Grunting noises)
    No, no, no, not that, not that... You only get that treat on full moons
    Besides, I, I knew there are a lot of young people out there and I would want anybody to faint or wash anything out
    Last time it happened, grown men where weeping. Policemen where turning in their badges
    Oh, I get it, I get it, everyone was intimidated tonight by all the security precautions and everything, oh!
    Well, just remember their motto is, "Protect and served."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.