Funny, you don't look blueish. James Cameron to Make Three Avatar Sequels*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mazzy, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

I wish Mr. Cameron would take a little time off from the Avatar sequels to finish The Abyss & True Lies for BR or even 4K UHD!

Pinknik, bluemooze and The Hud like this.
  2. rhubarb9999

rhubarb9999 Forum Resident

Never saw the first one ... don't plan on seeing these.

Motorcity supernaut likes this.
  3. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Al Kuenster likes this.
  4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm still wondering who, besides James Cameron, asked for this?

5. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

$2.8B at the Box Office, Top selling Blu Ray of all time until Frozen came along....the business case for a sequel(s) was pretty easy.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  6. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

They better come out on both formats. Both should have been on BD years ago.

Al Kuenster likes this.
  7. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

It's all of this "yapping" that further destroys any credibility that may be left.

budwhite likes this.
  8. SandAndGlass

Well, at least Titanic is not warranting an awaiting sequel.

And, thank god that he has the free time in his busy schedule to helm yet another Terminator movie.

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Live filming has now started in New Zealand, all motion/performance capture is done.

James Cameron testing our new 3D Stereo hand-hand camera. Patrick Campbell, John Brooks and team were able to get two state-of-the-art Sony Venice cameras on a 12-axis servo control in a 37lb package. Great job. Today the testing stops and live actions begins. — with James Cameron and Brenden Holster at Stone Street Studios.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bluemooze likes this.
  10. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

What a way to kick off live-action filming! Cliff Curtis, who plays Tonowari in the sequels, brought his family from the Ngati Rongomai tribe to conduct a traditional Māori Karakia ("blessing”).

Check out the full story and more photos on Avatar producer Jon Landau's Facebook.

[​IMG]

bluemooze likes this.
  11. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

If you live in Wellington NZ and want to be an extra.

Wellington casting call goes out for extras in Avatar sequels

A call has gone out for extras to appear in James Cameron's upcoming Avatar sequels that are being filmed in Wellington.

A press release from Kam Talent Management says it is "seeking all ethnicities, aged from 25 to 60".

"We are looking to find lots of people for a massive shoot day coming up on a major Hollywood picture. Shoot date is Monday 17 June. If you are based in Wellington and available this day make sure to get in touch with us and sign up today!

"If you are confident, you have great transport, availability and are reliable, we would love to hear from you now!"

The Avatar sequels are currently in production at Stone Street Studios in Miramar.

James Cameron has previously said he will spend close to a year in Wellington working with Weta Digital and Weta Workshop on the films.

The contact address for those interested in being an extra is [email protected]

Applicants should have New Zealand residency or a valid NZ work visa.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  12. SandAndGlass

I'm guessing that kind of limits the field somewhat?

13. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

well they are well hydrated

SandAndGlass likes this.
  14. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

One of the sequels takes place largely underwater, so the water on the table is so they can do a table read while making gargling sounds.

the pope ondine likes this.
  15. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Concept art for the sequels unveiled at CES for the Mercedes AVTR vehicle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The concept car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SandAndGlass likes this.
  18. clayton

clayton Senior Member

I didn't think this would happen in my lifetime:D, James Cameron's the slowest filmmaker ever, how long has this been in the works?

SandAndGlass likes this.
  19. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Since they finished the first one? Lightstorm have been at it for a while developing the direction for the stories and WETA working out the new tech plus time off for Cameron to do his underwater explorations. I think Pixar might be 2nd in terms of how long it takes them to develop a movie from start to finish.

20. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I just get a weird feeling about Avatar, though. It made a ton of money, but I feel like it has been mostly forgotten since then. Is there still a popular urge to revisit it? I guess we'll see when the movies start coming out. 10 plus years after the original.*

*Although, sequels are now happening to movies 20-30 years after the fact for some reason.

formu_la likes this.
  21. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The themes are pretty much timeless, Cameron feels that he can say everything he has to within the framework of this world. Obviously Disney will push this as hard as they can and ultimately the general public will decide if they want to go back to Pandora or not. I'm expecting cutting edge visuals/CGI that will push the envelope once again forcing everyone else to play catch up.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  22. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I'm sure I'm going to watch the movies at some point but those cgi frames just reminded me that I'm in no hurry to visit Pandora again.

This will be Cameron's biggest dissapointment as a director. It may or may not tank, but it won't be a huge hit either. I wonder if the last two sequels even will get made/released..

23. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I wonder if they'll have roads on Pandora (interconnected human communities) featuring the Mercedes AVTR concept car?

24. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

25. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.