Future Rolling Stones From The Vault releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

The audio for those were released digitally but i'd think these will be full show releases like the voodoo lounge one and i think Bridges to Bremen has replaced St Louis unless they release that years later

2. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

It's possible they could release each complete show separately as a dvd or Blu-ray/cd release.

Sean, mbrownp1, Matthew Tate and 3 others like this.
  3. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

That's the only way I see CD releases. If they release it all together, I am skeptical that there will be massive box set of four DVDs plus several CDs. That said, I wish we were talking about Philly '72 instead a boxset of early 2000's era shows.

4. John Fell

Releasing them separately would allow for more releases before they have put out something entirely new that we don't already have. o_O

5. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Last year we got No Security San Jose for the From The Vault series and Voodoo Lounge Uncut from the unnamed reissue/expansion series of previous releases. Now this year we got Bridges To Bremen... perhaps another From The Vault release will follow?

6. Philrock90

Would be to good to get the full copacabana show i know it was on tv but still and texas was quite cool im hoping we get full twickenham from the licks tour

melstapler and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Philrock90

Most likely hopefully something from the 70s maybe?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. Philrock90

I think we can agree that steel wheels voodoo lounge bridges to babylon tour is all quite covered so maybe something from the licks tour is next or bigger bang if nothing from the 70s

9. PacificOceanBlue

I suspect most vault releases will be from Steel Wheels through the present. The recordings/footage are more readily available and probably require less time and resources to prepare for release, plus the royalties are probably easier to work with post-Steel Wheels.

Sean, stuguy, John Fell and 1 other person like this.
  10. PacificOceanBlue

Yes, but some of us wanted the audio on CD, and the band only issued a new single disc compilation. A real disappointment for those of us that think the Stripped recordings represent the best live work the band has produced in over 25 years. That said, I’m happy to have access to the downloads as a consultation.

11. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

Paris '76 is the only "vintage" show from the '70s that hasn't been released as of writing. I believe @John Fell said that it's essentially done at this point, with audio and video masters made. (correct me if I'm wrong, John). I am waiting, I am waiting-ting, waiting for this show to come out of somewhere...

Havana Moon and Fonda both exceeded my expectations, but then again, I had No Expectations to begin with. Pun aside (@Dave Hoos two too many...), I really enjoyed both shows more than I thought I would. Although I know I saw Sweet Summer Sun on AXS TV or Palladia, I don't have any distinct memories of it, which says something to me. I picked up the Totally Stripped Blu-Ray box back in April, and Amsterdam was the best concert, although I prefer all three warts-and-all shows just as they are to the actual Stripped album.

laf848, Sean, melstapler and 5 others like this.
  12. John Fell

I assume they might have some more 1969 material from the Gimme Shelter movie but I don't know how much footage there is. There are also some other soundboards and radio broadcasts from the seventies but I don't know if they have video footage for them.

Sean, Dave Hoos, Matthew Tate and 2 others like this.
  13. stuguy

stuguy Forum Resident

Not to have an official release of 1972 North American tour performances (Philadelphia, Fort Worth etc) is a major omission. The releases of 1971 shows (leeds and Roundhouse) is great but I’d love to hear the 1972 shows cleaned up for an official release.

RogerB, Sean, mick_sh and 10 others like this.
  14. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

And we don't have a complete 1973 show as well. Philly 1972 is what I desire the most.

RogerB, Sean, Bubba Zanetti and 7 others like this.
  15. John Fell

Technically Brussels Affair was released as a From the Vault download and as a bonus on the Japanese version of the Marquee Club 1971 not to mention the pricey mega box set.

Sean, marcb, Dave Hoos and 3 others like this.
  16. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

[​IMG]

Think they have New Orleans 1978 on videotape master/multitrack? Same with Largo/Atlanta 1975 and Passaic 1978.

horrible distorted echo-y audience audio with low generation pro-shot video. 1hr 45mins.

Sean, Carl80, budwhite and 2 others like this.
  17. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

I would sure like my phill

Dave Hoos likes this.
  18. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

They could issue: 73' set of down under including Perth- Sydney cds & The 30 minutes tv documentary.

The MEZ, TheLoveDrags, J_D__ and 3 others like this.
  19. PrineHootieWho2000

PrineHootieWho2000 Forum Resident

They could do within the next few years.
    New Orleans '94 could come out of the vault.
    St. Louis '97 could get reissued.
    The new studio album.
    New issue of the Licks tour.
    An even bigger Bang. (The Biggest Bang reissue)
    Detroit '05 (8/31) could come out of the vault.
    Anything from 2012 out.

The MEZ and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

Bring frigging on the complete shows Roundhouse 1971 - and Ernie is your uncle (IMHO only, of course)

21. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

I agree. They could also give us the actual Marquee show with big audience (Keith without stubble and in sparkly jacket) as well. What they gave us was the already circulating, earlier, videoed rehearsal with small audience (Keith with stubble and in white shirt).

22. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I would like to hear an attempt at "fingerprint file" or "hot stuff". imo those 2 songs were much better live than the studio versions

24. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

So was "Hey Negrita".

bonus and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

yes I agree. there were very few stone tunes imo that were much better live than the studio version and I think we pretty much named the 3 that always come to mind. back in the day I'd throw "midnight rambler" on that list and when the band first started doing "out of control" . both of those songs have lost something a bit after the 40 licks tour