Future Rolling Stones From The Vault releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, Nov 29, 2015.

1. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Probably nothing, as it's not their film.

Sean, Dave Hoos, walrus and 4 others like this.
  2. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

One man? A whole team rather!

They're on to Volume 13 or 14 and and one version of Volume 12 - the 65/66 studio recordings - had 18 discs in it, for example.

And that's not counting the live '66 recordings and the recently-issued Rolling Thunder Revue Tour set.

Similarly, Neil Young has a team of people working with him on his Archive Series.

One thing they have in common is that the mastering is uniformly excellent - and no CDRs!

Sean, Dave Hoos, Matthew Tate and 3 others like this.
  3. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

I won't question a bobcat but Iam sure it is not a democracy behind the scenes.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Do you know something we don't?

What are you suggesting? (serious question)

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

I doubt it just read another posters link on a thread somewhere and I am sorry I can't recall a name for you.

6. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

The guy who seems to run all things Dylan is Jeff Rosen (sometimes described as his "manager".)

But he doesn't do any mastering or mixing, AFAIK, and I have never seen it suggested anywhere that he's a dictator or anything like that.

He just pulls it all together.

Sean, Dave Hoos and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. boagas1883

boagas1883 Forum Resident

They could've put out a 4 disc box set of the four 71 shows professionally recorded,Leeds,Liverpool,Brighton and London.
    Just imagine it.
    Why muck around with the few tracks from London they released on the SF deluxe disc ?

laf848, Sean, Dave Hoos and 12 others like this.
  8. PrineHootieWho2000

PrineHootieWho2000 Forum Resident

No. It IS. It's their concerts.

9. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Plus complete Marquee audience show!

10. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

11. paulbright81

paulbright81 Forum Resident

Are you sure about Slave? Im sure I remember rehearsal footage of this from either Four Flicks or The Biggest Bang DVD's. Maybe Im wrong.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. paulbright81

Totally agree...its the most mythologised and celebrated tour of their career (arguably 1969 also but that's fairly well represented). Not to mention a tour on which they played fantastic (and looked the coolest any band ever has to boot).

13. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

It this is true, I might skip this release. I haven't even watched the videos for about the last 4 of these, I've just listened to the cds.

They played multiple dates in Argentina. I wonder if it is one complete show or a combination or shows. I think Little Queenie was played on the b-stage at some of these shows.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  14. John Fell

According to Setlist.fm, it hasn't been played.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. paulbright81

Maybe it was just rehearsed. Il try and find the footage.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. paulbright81

Four flicks has Toronto rehearsal of Slave, according to IORR..I can't find it any where just now. Interesting that it never made it to a setlist

Hep Alien, Sean and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. paulbright81

18. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

I wonder if this will be worldwide or if it will be like voodoo lounge japan and just an exclusive to that country

John Fell and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. Philrock90

Hopefully its from the march 30th show where they done 19th nervous breakdown and shes a rainbow and keith done dont have to mean it and on the b stage they played little queenie and wanna make love to you

Also i won't buy the video of this but i'll be definatly adding the audio to my collection

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I’m not in any rush to acquire another Bridges tour show, but I’d gladly trade in the Voodoo Lounge Uncut release for it.

I agree with @John Fell that the video footage of these releases hold little appeal. I can’t remember the last time I watched one. Just give me the audio and I’m satisfied.

21. Philrock90

I usually watch once or twice but mainly listen to the audio

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

Not sure I agree the 1969 tour is fairly well represented as all we have to show for it is the Deluxe Ya Ya's which is cuts from the 3 MSG shows some of which have been sweetened in the Studio.

Other than Ya Ya's the only pro recorded 1969 music we have are on bootlegs where there is a partial mono SB of the Oakland infamous "Liver than You'll Ever Be" late show done by Bill Graham, a couple of high gen SB cuts from Detroit, and some complete songs from Altamont.

Don't get me wrong I love Ya Ya's, as 1969 is my favorite Stones tour, but why not give us a box set of all three MSG shows and the Baltimore show as all 4 were professionally recorded. Throw in more of the Maysles MSG "Gimme Shelter' archive video content known to exist and I think they could sell a few of those. Maybe because ABKCO owns the Ya Ya's rights?

We know there is a complete audio and video of the Altamont concert in the can but can't see the band ever releasing that

23. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

While I think the BtB/ No Security tours were the last where the band was at the top of their game I am with you JF. There are so many good quality bootlegs of this tour not sure I would spring for another official release.

24. paulbright81

Yeah when you put it that way you’re right. More 69 too then please!!!

Dave Hoos likes this.
  25. John Fell

It will depend upon the set list/track listing for this one. It would be nice if they are going to release 1 complete show if they added the rarer tracks from the other shows as a bonus.

Some of tracks not played as often at these shows include:

Sister Morphine
    When The Whip Comes Down
    Memory Motel
    Little Queenie
    You Don't Have To Mean It
    Respectable
    Star Star
    19th Nervous Breakdown
    She's A Rainbow
    I Just Want To Make Love To You
    Under My Thumb
    The Last Time

In addition, they also rotated in Bitch and All Down line which are played a bit more often than the above tracks but were not played every night of the run.

I'd settle for a cd of the above tracks.

laf848, WaterLemon, Hep Alien and 3 others like this.