GAIA do Magic.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by thomaskong, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

See my earlier post about about the HRS Damping Plates. I use one to eliminate the tube microphonics on my phonostage.

2. chipcalzada

chipcalzada Forum Resident

Kamusta! Great, looking forward to your impressions once they're installed.

3. finn

finn Forum Resident

A man called dagger.

I want those last 15 minutes of my life back now.

Rolltide, Done A Ton and t3chnobrat like this.
  4. chipcalzada

Any news on the Orea Indigos and Mini-pucks? Was there a positive result?

5. Josquin des Prez

I ordered the Iso-Puck Minis but my dealer says they are out of stock.

6. Paopawdecarabao

Paopawdecarabao Forum Resident

My ISO-Mini Pucks arrived today. I'll let you know probably over the weekend once I've set it up.

7. Paopawdecarabao

I’ve been listening since last night with my iso-puck minis installed on my phono preamp and indigos on my amp.

First impressions were the midrange became smoother overall and treble has that big and open sound. I am not sure it feels like it is loud but it is not but its clarity is improved.

The most improvement that happened was when I had put the bronze on my turntable. Isolating it has a huge improvement in SQ. Tonal balance is spot on and I like how the 3d holographic imaging improved on my system.

I’m not sure but I’ve add several changes on my system with a new phono preamp, speaker cables and interconnects including the isolators.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    plastico likes this.
  8. Josquin des Prez

Good turntable isolation is one of the best improvements you can make to analog playback.

9. chipcalzada

Thanks for the update. I will try the mini pucks for my phono pre, I’ve never had notable success with isolation products with my integrated tube amp. Just doesn’t seem to affect the sound. But I’ve tried vibrapods with my phono pre before and there was a change although it became leaner.

10. Paopawdecarabao

I am not really sure if it improved siginificantly when I isolated my phono preamp and amp but I know I need to isolate my tubes.

As I did several changes one time so can’t really pinpoint what changes happened but I guess the phono preamp upgrade was the one improved the SQ overall.

11. swvahokie

swvahokie Forum Resident

See, I wasn't lying on the P6/Bronze combo. Its right there with a P8, and that aint nothing to sneeze at. The P8 is a bad boy.

Paopawdecarabao and plastico like this.
  12. Paopawdecarabao

Yes, I’m a believer! I’ll put Isopucks as well for my Forte iii’s. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a screw in. The pucks are in the weight limit and would save me some bucks from the Bordeaux.

13. swvahokie

swvahokie Forum Resident

They should work fine. The Gaia 3s had almost the same effect on my speakers as the pucks did on the table. I swear its like I traded them for speakers at twice the price.

14. chipcalzada

Got it. I didn't realize that you replaced your phono preamp to a new one. In that case, I'll have to wait and see. Glad that you're happy with the results, in the end that's the most important thing.

15. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I been at this hobby for a long time and I can't recall the last time a company has SO hit it outta the park with their product line. Forum after forum, page after page, hobbyists and pros alike reporting 99.9% positive results. Very few audio products through the years have been considered 'no-brainers', well look no further. IsoAcoustics oughtta take a bow!;)

t3chnobrat and plastico like this.
  16. Ontheone

Ontheone Poorly Understood Member

I'm not sure these are no brainers but they have been effective for me in most applications, especially as replacement speaker footers and to isolate tubes. I used the Indigos under my Auralic Vega G1 DAC and I couldn't hear any difference at all. I also found that my tube phono stage sounded better with a Symposium Segue platform under it compared to the Indigos. So they are pretty consistent but not a slam dunk in every application.

17. swvahokie

swvahokie Forum Resident

The Auralic dac only weighs 15 lbs. That’s not enough weight to load the Indigos. The Bronze would have been a better fit. They have to be matched to the weight range of the components

plastico and Ontheone like this.
  18. Ontheone

Fair point and I didn't even think about that! I ended up using the Indigos under my 44 lb VAC preamp and they do make a nice sonic improvement there. I had attributed it to simply isolating the tubes (which I'm sure it does) but I didn't think about the low weight possibly being the cause of no improvement under the DAC.

So I'm curious to others on this thread, are you seeing sound improvements when using these products under DACs as well? It may be worth a try using the Bronze under mine.

19. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I have the Orea Bronze under the feet of my turntable. Due to the floor and/or rack being off-balance, I need to use the turntable's feet to achieve balance. Beyond buying a better rack which can be adjusted, any ideas for balancing the turntable without its feet? Thanks.

20. Josquin des Prez

Maybe put your turntable on a maple platform and put the Orea under that. Then put the turntable with its adjustable feet on the maple platform.

I use a Butcher Block Acoustics 3" end-grain platform. In my case it sits on adjustable feet on a wall shelf. For your case, you could maybe use a 1.75" platform sitting on the Orea pucks and put your turntable with adjustable feet on top of it. A 3" maple platform may or may not be too heavy for the Orea Bronze, depending on the weight of your turntable.
    MAPLE AUDIO PLATFORMS

dougotte likes this.
  21. Ontheone

I recently picked up a set of 3 Orea Bronze for placement under my Auralic Vega G1 DAC and yes, that did make a difference for the better. Widened soundstage with a bit more air and sense of space.

22. Xarkkon

Xarkkon Would you like a Custom Title?

indeed. like, compare this thread to any of the cable threads here. It's vastly different!

I don't have the pucks, but I do use their stands for my Buchardt S400 on the TV console and my desktop Edifiers. Pretty happy with both!

23. Josquin des Prez

Now I am going to sell my ButcherBlockAcoutics platform. Not that it isn't great, but I just got the isoAcoustics Delos 18" x 15" x 3" platform and restored my turntable to it's original rigid spiked feet, since the Delos uses imbedded isolators for feet. For my setup it sounds a bit better in the bass and soundstage. It wasn't much out of pocket since I got exchange credit for the HRS Nimbus pucks I was using as TT feet.

Here it is sitting on my Solidsteel WS-5 wall bracket.

[​IMG]

Tajo1960 likes this.
  24. Gibsonian

Gibsonian Forum Resident

You guys are a terrible influence on my checking acct!

Just ordered the Gaia III's for TT. Should have em in by Saturday for a listen. I'll report back.

25. swvahokie

swvahokie Forum Resident

If your table is heavy enough to load them, you won’t take them off