Game of Thrones Season Five! No Spoilers Please!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I agree with what seems to be the consensus - no spoilers from the book if you know them, and once the episode has aired it makes sense to talk about that episode and what happened. I don't catch up on the threads like this one until I've seen the current episode. Not difficult.

Michael likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

exactly...although some enjoy...

3. Michael

yes...

4. townsend

townsend Senior Member

I'm sorry to inform the audience that HBO is allowing the first episode to be pre-empted by an important event. Apparently, the President of the U.S. is addressing the nation. It has something to do with the administration's plan to try to eliminate the Department of Redundancy Department . . . so episode 1 will be bumped one week, and the new season 5 episodes will then follow as planned.

5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

East Coast only, I assume.

townsend likes this.
  6. Michael

link to announcement please.

7. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I hope you're kidding, but if not, that is the biggest steaming pile of BS I've ever heard.

8. townsend

townsend Senior Member

9. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

The first episode has been leaked.

10. vince

How 'bout this:
    If the show does radically stray from the books, that someone who is reading the books, tell us.....

Yes?

marblesmike likes this.
  11. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

From what I understand, the first 6 episodes have leaked. But I'm not going to check them out. I'll stick with the planned release schedule.

12. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Whoever leaked them should have to undergo "trial by combat" against the Mountain's twin brother.

13. vince

If I could put my 'tin-foil hat' on:
    I often wonder how they know that "GOT" is the most 'pirated' show ever!
    Who made this information available.... and, what else do 'they' know??

14. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

While not his twin, the Hound is the Mountain's brother. And we saw at the end of last season that he is seriously (lethally?) wounded. So I don't know if he's a good candidate for a trail by combat right now. :)

townsend likes this.
  15. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Looking forward to the new season. I have not read the books, and have no plan to. I thought last season was great.

Pat

16. vince

Here's hoping The Hound still lives!
    Or, as I like to call him, Lurch from "Hot Fuzz"! Yarp!

17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Leaked by TV reviewer(s) - I don't know why they bothered to send out copies for review, this show doesn't need "critic" approval - off with his/her head or litigate them into bankruptcy and name them publicly……

18. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

I could only find the first four available today.

19. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

20. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I don't care that they've leaked or not as long as those who watch them early don't spoint it for those of us that would rather watch them on HBO. Whether the first four are out now or out as soon as HBO airs them, they get out there, and tons download them. It happens. Nothing to do about it, though as Deuce66 pointed out, there doesn't seem to be any reason HBO should send out review copies early at this point.

I re-watched the fourth season this past week. I have a question about the end of episode 10. Was Varys always planning to get on the ship with Tyrion to sail to Essos? It seems like he only decides to board the ship when he hears the bells which he takes to mean that Tywin's body has bene found and the city is being sealed. But it seems odd that he would think his aid of Tyrion wouldn't be discovered. And if he was planning on staying in King's Landing, why did Tywin's death change his mind? Tyrion escaping would leave Cersei furious enough and out for blood whether Tywin was dead or not. It actually seems like he might have had a better chance of being discovered with Tywin alive, as Tywin normally figures out everything.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    mikeyt likes this.
  21. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Maybe HBO will scramble and throw some extra footage into the first four -to reward the stalwart subscribers.
    Not likely, but it would be interesting PR for them to do that.

22. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

That is a good question as to if planned or not, but it just seems the way it played that he simply sensed that it was a good time to leave. In classic serialized fashion I'm sure more will come to light as the show is presented.

Aggie87 likes this.
  23. vince

I also wonder what he did with that sorcerer he had in a box. The one that..... 'disfigured' him.

mikeyt likes this.
  24. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

I'm doing the same. It's our Monday night ritual here.

25. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I wouldn't be surprised if HBO leaked the episodes themselves. They get all of the publicity because over a million people have downloaded a show that hasn't been broadcast yet, and they get to send nasty-grams to people in the US who didn't use a VPN to mask their IP address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.