Game of Thrones Season Five! No Spoilers Please!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

"KILT (killed). Slowly, by omission."

vince likes this.
  2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"DINKLES IS MY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!"
    Love it!
    :biglaugh:

mikeyt likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

OK, thanks...so 55 minutes is about right.

4. Michael

DAMN! me too!

Ed Hughes likes this.
  5. vince

Here's another person I've wondered about:
    In Season Two, in Qarth, there was a woman who's face was totally covered in a weird mask.
    I wonder if we'll ever see her again.
    I ask because the shape of the pieces on her face look a little like the neckless the Red Woman has.

6. Michael

fabulous opener! The Dragons are pissed!...Snow's compassion was touching.

Aggie87 likes this.
  7. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I've always been fascinated by that character too. She's appeared twice, I believe. Good eye picking up the similarity between her mask and Melisandre's necklace as that is intentional. In the commentary for one of the episodes where she appears, the creators talk about how they redesigned her mask (in the book its simply a wooden mask, I think) to make a connection between her and Melisandre. They both come from Asshai, in the far east of Essos.

mikeyt likes this.
  8. vince

That 'mask' is just TOO COOL to let it go, just like that!
    To paraphrase "Beetleguise" : "What's going on under there? ... Are you all 'Night Of The Living Dead' under there?"

9. mep

mep Forum Resident

I read the books and it´s also not clear there. Also I just watched the fourth season on BD and there is a special about the more common characters who died in season four and The Hound was not mentioned at all. So I would think chances are quite high we will see him again in the show...

vince and mikeyt like this.
  10. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Oh I think it's clear in the books. But as the thread title forbids spoilers, I don't want to say more.

11. vince

Also... I wonder what's goin' on with The Mountain?

12. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

That's another thing that book readers might have a potential insight, but would be inappropriate to post on this thread.

13. mep

mep Forum Resident

I cannot recall anything different as seen on the show: The Mountain begs Arya to kill him, but she refuses and leaves him alone to die. I think he cannot be dead, because otherwise Georg R.R. Martin would not leave it like that. And of course The Mountain had to appear on that special feature if he would be really dead, but he just didn´t...

14. mep

mep Forum Resident

That was also in the first episode. You see where he is and that some kind of blood transfusion takes place; you get a little bit more insight in the books, but really not that much...

15. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

You mean The Hound.

16. agentalbert

You're probably right then. I just hope they give a good explanation for how her survives. He was already weaked from infection from the bite attack, and then with a compound fracture leaving him bleeding and immobile, its hard to see how he could last very long.

That ex-maester was working on him, and I got the idea he might come back as some sort of super-zombie.

17. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

what episodes does she appear in?

18. mep

mep Forum Resident

You´re right, of course.

19. agentalbert

She apears in S2 episodes 5 and 7. Her name is Quaithe, though I don't think that name has been given in the TV shows.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Quaithe

mikeyt likes this.
  20. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

21. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

Two really great quotes from that episode.

22. Michael

really want to see a Dragon episode...

brew ziggins and Lord Summerisle like this.
  23. agentalbert

Any guesses on where Baelish is taking Sansa? He tells people they are going to "The Fingers", which are north of The Eyrie. but Sansa points out they are heading west. Looking at the map and what is in that direction, I'm thinking The Twins. Maybe he plans to take out Walder Frey for killing Catelyn. Or maybe they are going to The Riverlands, which are also west and a hair south.

24. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Season 5 opener was okay. Nothing too fantastic, just a bunch of story thread follow ups from the previous season (which is to be expected I suppose). The show feels like it's spread a little thin. The show feels stronger when it focuses on a particular storyline rather then timeshares between half a dozen stories.

Michael likes this.
  25. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

First episode was good. For a minute I thought John Snow was wimping out. Glad to see he came through.

Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.