Game of Thrones Season Five! No Spoilers Please!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

How else do you explain it? :D

Now that's in the book. So I can't tell you. And it'll probably it'll be different in the show anyway! :laugh:

mikeyt likes this.
  2. macdaddysinfo

macdaddysinfo Forum Resident

^^ i thought book spoilers were ok in this thread... I for one, would love to know, and I'm not reading the book...

And put me in the camp that is unconvinced the hound is dead...

I am also in the camp that thinks Jon snow will be revived...

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

That's the whole thing about both the books and show. The Hound was never definitely killed off. It's unlikely he survived as he was far out in the country and severly injured (show) or left with a serious wound and delirious that was infected (book). Very unlikely he'd come back.

Jon Snow, in the book, was also very seriously, ummm
    stabbed

DLeet, GentleSenator, Michael and 2 others like this.
  4. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Man, I hope this show doesn't get all True Blood on us, people coming back from the dead all the time and just becoming ridiculous (not overly worried on this score, but the thought did cross my mind). More war, more politics, more treachery, and MORE DRAGONS!!!

DLeet likes this.
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

I'm with you on this big time! Dragons ROCK!!!!

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

The suspense is killer on this wonderful show!
    LOVE IT!

7. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I only watched the last episode once, so maybe if I watch it again I can answer my own question, but....if anyone knows...what was it that Daenerys seemed to purposely drop to the ground, as if she didn't want those riders to see, when they were surrounding her? Looked like a ring? What was up with that?

8. macdaddysinfo

macdaddysinfo Forum Resident

A ring. I saw somewhere (that variety recap article maybe) that the show runners intend it as a breadcrumb, presumably to lead jhora and the other guy to the dothroki, which would make jhora's reemergence quite relevant...

slipkid and Rufus McDufus like this.
  9. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Would be like finding a needle in. Haystack....

10. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I immediately assumed (rather parochially, I'll admit) that it was a sign of her engagement to that Mereenian guy whose name I forget, and that she wanted to ditch it so that the Dothraki wouldn't see it as a repudiation of her late husband. :laugh:

Yeah, but this kind of thing is quite familiar as a fantasy trope. Kinda like how Kirk and Spock show up at a PLANET and always easily manage to run into whoever they're looking for. :laugh:

11. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Don't forget, there's that big scorched area Drogon made, with all his bones!
    They should be able to see that.

dkmonroe likes this.
  12. dkmonroe

Yeah, they'll find Drogon, Drogon will cook and eat them for lunch, and a buncha more people will rage-quit the show. :laugh:

13. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Why in the world would Martin name the dragon, "Drogon?" That's like naming your pet direwolf, "Durewolf." Goofy.

mrjinks likes this.
  14. dkmonroe

I think all the dragons are named after relatives of Dany.

15. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

OK, then it's like naming your pet direwolf after your uncle, "Durewolf." Still goofy. :p

mrjinks likes this.
  16. dkmonroe

Not if your uncle Durewolf was a mighty warrior whose name was feared for generations. :laugh:

17. vince

Well... this could be another 'pipe-dream', but.......
    what if Tyrion goes down to where the other two are... and becomes a 'dragon-whisperer'... like Chris Pratt in "Jurassic World"!
    :uhhuh:

dkmonroe likes this.
  18. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Yes. The other two are named after her two deceased brothers.

dkmonroe likes this.
  19. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

He's named after Khal Drogo.

20. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I think that's quite possible, along with leaving a clue.

dkmonroe likes this.
  21. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

22. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

No Lena nude?

Darn body double.

23. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Considering that most of the Stark family is essentially wiped out, there's Bran, Sansa, and Arya. But what about Rickon Stark, the youngest boy. He was taken to an uncle or something in season 3 I think and never mentioned again in subsequent seasons. I wonder if in the next book, he comes back and plays a big role. Bran is somewhere beyond the wall and he didn't make an appearance in season 5, Sansa jumps off the wall with Theon, and Aria just got struck blind. Because some time has elapsed since season 3, I would venture a guess that Reckon does come back, mid to late teens and take up the mantel for the Stark family and takes back Winterfell. Maybe a reunion with Bran or Aria. I get the feeling everyone simply forgot about Rickon Stark.

24. vince

Heck, if only they could make a little 'mini-series' featuring the adventures of Rickon and that wildling girl, from the Harry Potter movies... I forgot her name, but, I also think she was in the movie, "About A Boy", too.

25. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Rickon and Shaggydog have to reappear at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.