Game of Thrones Season Six! April 24th 2016!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Trying to avoid all the little articles I see with "GOT" mentioned in them....
    I SO want to go into this blind!

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

me too! I stay out of the thread until I finished up with the episode.

Deuce66 likes this.
  3. vince

I have the joy of having HBO E , an east-coast feed, so I can see it at 6pm!

4. Michael

nice!

5. vince

Got a half an hour 'till this bad boy stats!!!!!

6. Michael

we're ready!!!

7. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Solid opening episode. Gonna be fun watching Cersei get revenge.

Aggie87 likes this.
  8. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

At the ending of this new episode I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of erections suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly withered. :laugh:

9. It's preposterous that Sansa and Theon survived leaping off the parapet without a scratch, but I guess if I can buy flying, fire-breathing dragons, I can buy this.

10. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I think the wall had a slope, and they eventually slid down it into the snowbank. That's the only way I think they could've survived that. Not if it were just a straight drop down.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  11. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Good first episode. Last scene was not expected.

Pat

12. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Not as preposterous as Jorah Mormont finding that ring.

The next time I lose my keys, I'm calling that guy.

13. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

But would you really feel comfortable touching your keys after he had handled them? Considering, ya know...

Gaslight likes this.
  14. dkmonroe

Big ring of hoofprints kinda made it easy to be drawn to the center, and it was a really small center. When she dropped the ring last season I thought, "Well, they're never finding that." But seeing how the field was left after the Dorthraki split, it makes more sense.

15. Beatledust

Beatledust Forum Resident

It'll be very interesting to see how things shake out. That last scene was definitely another WTF moment.

16. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

Yea, I turned to my wife and said "How the heck did he find that ring in the middle of all that?!" Apparently there was at least some kind of circle in the grass where they were able to narrow in on the spot but really? I mean, we all knew that was coming given the fact she dropped it and they had to remind us of that in the opening sequence, but still, that was a stretch :)

Great opener, IMO.

17. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Nah, still a big stretch. It didn't' fall onto concrete, it fell onto grass. No way that guy was finding that thing, unless he's got Colossus-like super powers now.

Btw, glad to see that the Jon Snow resurrection (because we all know it's coming) hasn't happened yet. I get to tease my wife for at least another week now. Perhaps two more, if next week is the "whatever happened to Bran?" episode.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  18. vince

Well, it's like everybody forgot; you gotta BURN a body after it's dead, or else......

GentleSenator, Gaslight and dkmonroe like this.
  19. dkmonroe

That is a fairly glaring inconsistency, so far at least. Although since it was so damn obvious what killed Snow, they probably aren't worried about an attack by Zombie Jon.

20. Well one thing that directed them towards it was the ground being so badly trampled in a circle around an area roughly the size of a dragon...but, sure, it would be hard but not impossible given that was what directed their attention in that direction...

21. It's only spread through direct contact as I recall from the book.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  22. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Great opening episode! The show's always been rewarding visually, but from the sets to the wardrobe to the locations, the episode was beautiful to look at!

What was preposterous to me was after Theon convinced Sansa to traverse an ice cold river (woulda thought her skirt and cloak would've been frosty with ice, they weren't even wet!) by telling her about what the dogs would do to them, they get caught, the dogs are snarling in her face, and Brienne comes to the rescue. What happened to the dogs!? You'd think as soon as the handler let go to fight, the dogs woulda been all over Sansa & Theon!;)

Dubmart and JackBnimble like this.
  23. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

So where is this show compared to the books as far as story line? Does the show get ahead of the books beyond what the books reveal (or at all)? I know most of the back stories have been done with dialogue throughout the show and some more will flesh out with flashbacks etc. on the horizon. As I'm reading more of what the whole of the story is (from GOT wicky things) and understanding it better, I just wonder how much is gospel from the completed written story or speculation based on where the writer is projecting the story.
    I was up late last night and read up on most of the Targaryan aspects of the story, in particular to connections with the Stark family's past.
    I guess I just like watching the show at this point and wonder how much veering off the path it does from the book.

24. Yeah I think Theon was thinking of Theon to a degree as to what the dogs might do to HIM. Seriously, though, it was just to motivate her. They made it clear that they had to be brought back alive in the scene just before they were tracked down.
    much of the what we will be seeing this season is Beyond the scope of the books

ubiknik likes this.
  25. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Good episode. Poor Dr Bashir didn't last long! Lots of narrative shifts to keep us caught up with what the various characters are up to, but I hope that going forward they devote more time to one or two settings per ep, where they can explore tactical situations in greater depth, especially involving Tyrion & Varys - it's always a pleasure to see them scheming.

Yes, agreed. One credible explanation would be that the ring was glinting in the sun and attracted his attention, though the scene didn't show it like that...

wayneklein likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.