Game of Thrones Season Six! April 24th 2016!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Well, things are off to a rousing start. I'm glad I turned down the offer to take the throne in Dorne!

The only real drawback to the series is the need to cover so many storylines per episode. A necessity, unfortunately.

wayneklein likes this.
  2. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

I imagine the dogs were for tracking only and strict orders were given to return them alive to Ramsey for...processing...

3. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

So Melisandre has been using a lot of makeup?

4. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

And who knew that the Dothraki have an old-folks home?

dkmonroe likes this.
  5. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

A quite satisfying episode after the long break. I'd really like to see Sansa toughen up after years of timidness and abuse. Maybe her newfound relationship with Brienne will allow that. Reek showed flashes of returning to his inner Theon. Khaleesi is off to the widow farm. Arya is going to be the bad-assedest when she learns to use her other senses. "See you next week" was my favorite line of the episode. Dornish men had best learn to use the phrase yes, dear...and mean it. And the Red Witch...is clearly a morning person. Yikes.

6. This was very much a tackle setting episode designed to set up conclusions or move the stories forward so not a surprise in that regard. I do think, however, that the episode had a slightly different feel (and this could be my imagination given that I've read the books) to me than previous seasons not necessarily a bad thing.

7. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Fair enough. But not every Westerosi gets the benefit of a maester's wisdom to tell them stuff like this!

8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Kinda "Shining"-esque, to me.

entropyfan likes this.
  9. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

They probably seal the widows in with the Khal's corpse and let them expire of thirst! :yikes:

10. Chris from Chicago

It's been a while, so the memories might be a little hazy. But...early on in the series, there was a group of fighters called the Brotherhood without Banners. Beric Dondarion (?) was one. And he was killed many times over, once on the screen by the Hound. And each time he was brought neck by Thoros (?). But he was a little weaker each time. Melisandre may have been introduced in the series for this very event (season 3). I suspect Jon Snow just might return to action this same way with all of the pieces being just where they need to be.

Rubber65 likes this.
  11. vince

I'm hoping Beric does the same thing... to THE HOUND!

dkmonroe likes this.
  12. It's the neck decoraton she wears--it's an enchantment device that makes her appear to be something else than what she really is (which I suspect is an "old one" i.e., an old witch who is introducing them to old magic and truly an a god older than all of the old gods and new--she is just saying it's a "new" god and I suspect it had a lot to do to help them in some ways fight back the White Walkers and then lost its followers as time progressed--this is all sheer speculation as I have no knowledge about what Martin is planning or the writers/producers for future seasons).

Indeed, it's the same magic but I suspect that she may not have been brought back via resurrections but, instead, can live for centuries because of that magic. There is also a whole subplot involving Cate Stark being brought back by the Brotherhood but being unable to speak and taking revenge against those who killed her son (well some of them anyway). That was completely lost and, while it was interesting, I don't know if Martin knew where he was going with that subplot.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  13. dkmonroe

You want him to kill The Hound or resurrect him? Because I'm thinking Zombie Hound vs. FrankenMountain would be all kinds of awesome!

14. Chris from Chicago

Here's the thing with this show...if they don't show you get killed, I wouldn't assume a character is dead. Arya left the Hound to die. But we didn't see it actually happen. I fully expect (hope) to see him again.

goodiesguy and dkmonroe like this.
  15. dkmonroe

Yeah, the Hound ain't dead, he just smells much worse.

16. vince

AND... the same goes for STANIS!
    We didn't SEE Brianne kill him, either!

17. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

But apparently the Boltons found his body as one of them says they wish they knew who killed him so they could honor them.

Bender Rodriguez and jriems like this.
  18. The advantage of the books and the additional dialog was that they were able to explain that as well. It's been a while since I read it but I seem to recall that Tyrion was touched by the Stone men.

19. vince

On the subject of 'the stone men'----my personal theory:
    I wouldn't be surprised if the stone men may be a way to combat the white walkers, and their army of the dead.
    But.... who would lead the stone men?...... JORAH WOULD!

20. Well thst would make sense and it would be great way to deal with it because they are more difficult to kill and their touch could infect the White Walkers. We don't know enough about the history of what happened before to drive the White Walkers away or if they just went into dormancy because of the weather changing from winter. Maybe it was a combination.

21. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Is that even possible?

dkmonroe likes this.
  22. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I imagine dragonfire would be remarkably effective against White Walkers, too.

23. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

This show doesn't have nearly enough octogenarian nudity or Hodor dong.:winkgrin:

goodiesguy and lobo like this.
  24. vince

That's why I keeping thinking Stanis might still be alive... He KNEW about the dragon glass, and where it comes from.
    Samm's gotta try to get some, too!

25. vince

Now.. THAT'S a band name!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.