Game of Thrones Season Six! April 24th 2016!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Pretty sure Stannis is indeed dead (Roose Bolton seemed to confirm it).

But when Dany finally makes it to Westeros, I imagine she'll quickly discover that winning the Iron Throne is no longer priority number one.

2. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Lot to cover in one episode.

Off to a great start HBO.

Red Witch went from a 10 to a zero.

goodiesguy and Ed Hughes like this.
  3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

When the show begins showing the 'rating'/advisory - language, violence, nudity. It shoulda said - horrific-make you turn yr head and gag- nudity!;)

Ed Hughes likes this.
  4. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

No kidding.

I wonder if the Crows could be completely wiped out when things start to get serious? Their leadership doesn't seem to understand what's coming for them.

5. misterdecibel

Game of Thrones Season Six! April 24th 2016!!! ยป

6. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

The Crows seem very likely to be doomed. Once the Wildlings get the message that they butchered the one guy who got on their good side, they're going to realize (again) that there's a lot more of them than the Crows. Alliser is an idiot, I can't wait for that guy to get deposed.

7. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Please, no spoilers from the book here. ARGGH. At least use the SPOILER tags so those of us who don't want to know what you happen to have read in the books don't have to learn things in advance of the show. Regardless whether it happens in the show or not. I don't want to know.

Mark E. Moon. likes this.
  8. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

I was pondering back to that stuff as well, mainly because it seems common knowledge at this point that Snow is to be resurrected. There is speculation that his resurrection will have to do with fire (a big theme throughout..), and that aspect jibes with Daneris & the dragon eggs, which might be significant if Jon is in fact the son of Ned Stark's dead sister who was kidnapped and impregnated by one of the mad king's sons which makes him a Targaryon.
    Apparantly if you rewatch the conversation between Jaime and Brienne in the hot tub, he says that he half expected the mad king to not die and shake off the wound when Jaime ran him through. There may be a theme to the Targaryans and that old magic I guess.
    Is it common knowledge that Jon may be Targaryan? There is also a speculative rumour that Tyrion as well may have been fathered by a Targaryan.
    The fire and ice theme does seem to be all about eventually crispin' up some ice zombies.
    We certainly do need some more Hound action.

9. misterdecibel

Tyrion's encounter with the Stone Men was in Season 5 Episode 5 when Tyrion and Jorah rowed their boat through the ruins of Valyria. So it's not a spoiler.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  10. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

And I should hope that if he were starting to stone up like Jorah, he (and we) would know about it by now.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  11. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I recall that event, but I don't recall Tyrion being touched on the skin by a stone man. Jorah was, which is why his arm is the way it is now. Tyrion hasn't been affected like that that we know of, I'd assume it would be shown if it had happened, like they show Jorah's arm and his attempts to hide it fairly frequently.

That's why I'm assuming the comment above was from a different interaction with the Stone Men. If I'm wrong I certainly apologize.

12. martinb4

martinb4 Forum Resident

The 45 minute scene where they are both looking for any signs of her in the clearing will be included in the Blu-ray for those that had a hard time with the realness of it all.

13. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I noticed in the 'trailer' clips, it looks like Tyrion DOES try to 'hang out' with the two dragons left locked up in Marreen.
    I LOVE the fact that Tyrion, throughout the entire series, has been able to talk (or worm) his way out of the most dangerous situations! After all these 'close-calls', it would suck if he died out-of-the-blue.

14. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

There was one episode last season that implied the R+L=J theory 3 or 4 times without actually saying so. But I kept this cryptic enough for those who don't know yet.

15. This was earlier in the series and the show. The show currently is only based on an outline provided by Martin but the series is off book at this point. I have no insight into Martin"/ outline just commenting on a difference from the early book that I recall.

Aggie87 likes this.
  16. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

If Tyrion were actually a Targaryan as speculated, maybe the stone men's touch would have either none or a completely different affect.
    I'm speculating, or rather quoting from somebody else's speculation. If the events from here forward are outside of published work by Martin, then wouldn't any speculation on what happens or goes on in the future of the show be just that: speculation?
    I would have hated to know that Ned died at the end of season 1 before I got to the end, but since then so much of what happens has kind of dulled my sense of surprise to things in this show, and I am more fascinated by the path of the story, and the quality of it's presentation.
    Knowing certain things is a bonus rather than a spoiled event for me because there is so much good work put into the show that I enjoy it nonetheless.
    Anyway I just wondered at this point what could be considered a spoiler?
    For the most part anything thought to happen from here on out is basically just a well informed guess or a commonly known rumor such as Snow's resurrection. They have tried really well to keep that a secret but the actors themselves kind of throw winks out there in interviews. Kit Harrington said he was in Scotland for a month just to shoot scenes of his dead body. I think everyone collectively just knew that he would come back as soon as he was killed.
    But I guess we will see. -I just wanted to test the spoiler button.

17. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Anything that isn't shown in the series and that might be shown in the future. And I also consider discussing (or mentioning scenes of) trailers for future episodes spoilers.

18. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

I would think a spoiler would be actually knowing what will be seen and when, and then giving that information out.
    As much as I could wax poetic about what's been done, I really like to actually discuss what goes on in the story regardless of what time frame is involved. Speculation of what happens next and trying to guess what the writers are up to is more fun.
    I guess I should start the no holds barred actual discussion thread.

19. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

OK, maybe I wasn't expressing myself clear enough. I think that speculating about what might happen is OK. Just not stating that according to this or that trailer (or magazine article, tweet, Facebook post and so) such and such will be happening in a future episode.

I believe there is such a thread here on this forum, in which the discussion also includes the books.

Aggie87 and ubiknik like this.
  20. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Yeah, since none of us really knows what's going to happen...speculating, guessing, wondering and hoping out loud is in no way a spoiler. We aren't working on a published literary work like past seasons (or Walking Dead). This is all uncharted water for all of us.

GentleSenator likes this.
  21. I think that Jaime's comment was just that--an observation that he somehow thought that the king was more than human which he wasn't. Which brings us to another point--could the old lady that we saw taking off the Melisandra "skin" be a Targaryan who has used magic to stay alive?

If so her motive for Stannis was to see him fail and she might have been misleading him along with others for her own agenda to see a Targaryan on the throne. She helped kill Stannis' brother with her shadow creature. Perhaps her goal is to eliminate all pretenders to the throne in favor of anyone with Targaryan blood?

rufus t firefly, ubiknik and jwoverho like this.
  22. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Lots of mystery and intrigue. I am liking the way this is heading. Of course we are past the last book, so that in and of itself is a mystery.

23. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

There is a similar scene in the book A Dance with Dragons where Tyrion's boat is attacked by Stone Men and he falls into the river, but Mormont is not with him; another character who is not in the show is touched and gets greyscale, but Tyrion is not. Mormont having the disease in the show is borrowed from that storyline.

At this point there isn't much of anything left in the books that could really spoil the show -- the show has either already covered it and moved past it, or they've changed or omitted the storyline and so what happens in the books isn't relevant.

ex_mixer likes this.
  24. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

I'm just glad to have The Imp back! It's not a proper Sunday evening without him!

25. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

And in full Dynamic Duo mode with Varys.

goodiesguy, ex_mixer and Aggie87 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.