Game of Thrones: The Final Season (April 14, 2019)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Parachute Woman, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I suspect I found the last episode a lot more satisfying than most others. Still digesting what happened. But I'm not unhappy with it. In fact... the only part that came off a little WTF-ish Jon being sent back to the wall. The broken ass, protecting us from what... exactly... wall. But Jon lives as a free man. North of the wall. I can live with that.

2. Wolverine 05

Wolverine 05 Forum Resident

I have that shirt and never fails to get comments from total strangers every Tim I wear it.

Mark B. likes this.
  3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The ending managed to set up several sequel series, none of which would be particularly interesting.

Etienne Hanratty and GodShifter like this.
  4. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Evil Queen Sansa Stark goes to war with the other 6 kingdoms. ;)

5. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I'm not sure what I make of it at the moment. I think my big take away is that Jon got a bit of a raw deal so to speak. He saves the realm from a potential tyrant when apparently he and Danny conquered not just Westeros but everywhere else as well and he's thanked for it by being sent back to the wall, all because Grey Worm is a bit of an a-hole now. In the end, it kind of felt like everyone was just playing poor Aegon Targaryen like a pawn.

Come to think of it, if the North is independent now why can't Sansa pardon him from the Nights watch. And what's the point of the nights watch now anyway. Maybe he just got sent up there because there are no more nights watch and he can live north of the wall.

BeatleJWOL and Michael Rose like this.
  6. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

Was hoping for a last minute twist: Daenerys returning as a zombie night queen.

BeatleJWOL, Sprague Dawley and vince like this.
  7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

wifey here... GodShifter you stole the words right out of my mouth... meh.
    AND I thought the exact same thing. Even the minute attempts at comic relief felt too forced at the small council. I am just left with emptiness now and a bit of a blank stare

8. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Pretty much my exact thoughts - the very end was a nice montage and the main characters that weren't offed seem at least somewhat comfortable in their various roles.

Plus Jon petted the damn dog.

But the whole season just felt like a rush job, and Dany's arc in particular really was punished for it. Not that she went bad btw, but how it was presented to us - they should have made this season 10 episodes and fleshed her descent into madness more, as well at the NK wrap-up.

9. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Sam's suggestion of "let the people decide who should rule" got shot down and laughed at by the others at the council. So much for democracy.

10. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I’m looking forward to season one of Drogon, Eater of Goats, but Sansa, Ice Queen of the North might be OK.

neo123 likes this.
  11. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Or

Arya's Great Adventure Into Uncharted Territories.

Zombeels, vince and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  12. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

On the bright side, that little weirdo from the Vale seems to have turned out alright. Maybe Littlefinger did a good thing after all.

13. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Was he the one who was told to sit down when he was trying to speak to the rest of the council?

14. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I wouldn't assume Jon is unhappy with his sentence. We may have wanted more for him... something bigger or better... but maybe he ended up in the best place. For Jon.

BeatleJWOL and jriems like this.
  15. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Is it a bit of an inside joke by the writers to have the "teller of stories" end up as king?

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  16. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Some fantastic images tonight. I will miss the dragons. The people, notsomuch. ...

For a few seconds, I thought the writers had completely gone off the rails. That GoT was going to end in a Democratic Westeros. :laugh:

17. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

There was another good quote in tonight's episode about love duty and death. Forget the exact quote, but then after it was said, Tyrion asked Jon if he just came up with it and then Tyrion took the quote and reversed the meaning with a similar quote.

iworkatinitech and BeatleJWOL like this.
  18. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Love is the death of duty b/w Duty is the death of love.

iworkatinitech and neo123 like this.
  19. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Yep. Those were them.

20. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Pretty cool version of the theme song.
    no that was Edmore Tully

Beatledust, Veech and vince like this.
  21. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Okay. Forgot. Haven't seen him in a while.

22. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I was totally fine with the last episode. A couple of nice surprises including Bran's fate. Not sure how much we can discuss here yet, but I got a kick out of the council meeting.

SJP and Chris from Chicago like this.
  23. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

A few possibilities:

The West of Westeros Wing
    He's the Boss?
    Six is eNaath

SRC likes this.
  24. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

He was the guy who married a Frey...remember the Red Wedding....

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  25. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I think they said that the Night's Watch is still a place to send "bastards" and other undesirable people - criminals, etc. Not so much to guard the wall from anything anymore, just to remove them from the rest of society. That was John's sentence - to go there, never marry or have children, and live his life out.

It seems to me he had other ideas, and left Castle Black and headed north with the Wildlings, instead. Perhaps to lead a free life there.

No, that was Edmure Tully (Catelyn Stark's brother), jockeying to be the King. Sansa said something like "sit down, Uncle".

GodShifter likes this.