Game of Thrones: The Final Season (April 14, 2019)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Parachute Woman, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Took me by surprise. But...who is more qualified than Bran? He's arguably the most powerful person in Westeros. He doesn't have... and doesn't need a Master of Whispers, he already has all the ravens to see and know everything. He knows all of the past to best learn from it.

lightbulb likes this.
  2. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

My take was that either the Night's Watch just let him go with the Wildlings or there really isn't a Night's Watch anymore.

As least he finally petted his dog.

Michael Rose likes this.
  3. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

No behind-the-scenes extras for the last episode? Or are they holding off until the big wrap-up documentary in a couple weeks?

4. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

The Targaryens beyond the wall, maybe he can meet up with Drogon up there and reminisce on the good times they had together with Danny. Interesting that Drogon took the high ground and not Grey-worm. What a let down that guy turned out to be.

Probably.

Veech and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  5. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

That's where Jon met Ygrette, his one true love. I think he actually came to a fitting end and, frankly, I'm glad Jon Snow didn't become king.

Rufus McDufus and marmalade166 like this.
  6. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I assume part of banishing him to the North and to ban him from marrying and having children is to end the Targaryen line and any future claims to rule. I am assuming that Jon being a Targaryen will be stricken from the record even though Sam, Sansa, Tyrion, Bran, Arya and a few others know the truth.

Michael Rose and SquishySounds like this.
  7. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Btw, to add to my earlier post, I also think that this about as good an ending as we'd get considering the previous few episodes and what went down.

But I didn't say it was a good episode.

Like how Drogon flips out that's mom's dead and...doesn't vaporize the guy that did it? Why not, because he's a Targaryen? Or that Grey Worm, instead of killing Jon outright when he learned that Jon killed Dany (because you know he wouldn't lie about that) instead decided to send ravens to the other areas of Westeros to gather up a council. Or that extremely abrupt time change, likely months, between Dany's death and Tyrion's trial. Or that Sansa, now that she's Queen of the North, could have just pardoned Jon if she wanted to - the Unsullied are gone so they wouldn't even know. And what about the Dothraki - we know some of them are still alive so what are they going to do now that their queen is dead?

Drogon did do Bran a favor with the throne wipeout of course...no ramps needed to get up there now.

8. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Yep. Anyone else would have been incinerated being that close to flames hot enough to melt the iron throne. That's the only thing I can think of.

SRC likes this.
  9. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

10. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

Didn't find that compelling. Not much to say, actually. Just flat and unsatisfying, uninteresting, etc......

A good story could be told following the basic outline of this conclusion, but this was not told well.

L.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  11. GregM

GregM The expanding man

My take on why it had to be Bran:

He's the ultimate GRRM alter ego. George is the one who sees the whole past, present and future, the way everything plays out. He made himself king. He probably felt like the three eyed raven the whole time he was writing this thing.

High point of the episode was when Daeny wandered into the throne room evoking the scene from season 2. Beautiful cinematography. The Arya and Jon endings were the weakest for me but maybe I just need more time to digest.

12. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Bran doesn't need a throne. He has a throne on wheels.

Gaslight likes this.
  13. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

That was terrible. Cheesy beyond belief.

Scott222C and ex_mixer like this.
  14. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

yeah that was inexplicable, and how does greyworm hold back the rest of the unsullied who literally worship Daeny? for what was such a smart show, drogon melting the throne was way too on the nose for me.....the whole finale felt drawn out and even ridiculous in parts....its like a marvel film....not a bad thing but quite a shift. oh well, we had 7 good seasons

Kevin j likes this.
  15. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I suspect that Dragons are a bit more intelligent than perhaps we suspect that on some level it wasn't Aegon who was to blame but rather the metal chair and that he was justified in what he did so he destroyed the throne.
    I dunno, maybe the books have it written there that I'm full of it.

16. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Yep. Drogon is smart and realized that the Throne is what killed his mother. Her lust and tunnel vision for the Throne led to her demise.

17. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Another WTF moment was when Sansa did the old "nah....we want to be independent".

There is NO way Yara would not have jumped on that, for the Iron Islands.

18. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Move over, "LOST"!
    There's a new 'bad ending' in town!

ex_mixer and tommy-thewho like this.
  19. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I liked how Brienne told Jaime's story. Smart how she made him out to be a shining knight, but we as viewers were privy to his very dark side. Bron's story was a mess. BTW, if Bran knew what was going to happen all along, it begs the question; who's the truly bloodthirstiest player of the game. He KNEW what was going to happen in Kings Landing but said nothing!

20. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I think he saw the blade in mom, saw the chair of kitchenware and made the obvious connection.

KILL CHAIR OF DEATH

21. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Yet, not smart enough to realize killing thousands of innocent people wasn’t the greatest idea for his mom’s immediate future.

22. I think that he could sense that Jon was Targaryen. Remember, he's the only other person who ended up riding a dragon.

I enjoyed it. It ended somewhat the way that I expected (I expected either Davaros or Bran to be king based on a conversation I with another fan of the series).

Was it perfect? No but then I don't think any of the seasons have been but they've been entertaining. We will have to see how Martin does with the same outline and how he differs from the series.

Now looking forward to "His Dark Materials" one of my favorite series of books (and the series Supernatural ripped off a variety of ideas from it).

23. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Or, for that matter, the five other kingdoms decide they want to be independent, too. You can’t set a precedent like that with the North and expect everyone else to be cool with it. Civil war in the imminent future.

Bah.

24. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

ill believe when I see it :evil:

25. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

He must've skipped history when he went to Oxford.

GodShifter likes this.