Garth Brooks - is the box set better sounding than current issues?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Turnaround, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member Thread Starter

I think they reissued many of his albums in 2000. Are they better sounding than what's in the 1998 box set? Do they have the bonus tracks too? Thanks in advance.

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

What's in the box is the same as the original releases.

I have not heard any of the remasters.

What I don't like about the box is that while they give you the albums as they originally were, the covers are even chinzier, and they are not even booklets. And then, you still have to buy "Sevens", which is in HDCD.

3. CT Dave

CT Dave Senior Member

Each of the CDs in the box set has one bonus track that was not on the original release. When the individual CDs were re released, the ones that have the diamond "G" insignia on them they included the bonus tracks on these as well. Often, you find the individual CDs from the box set in used CD sections, with just a photo cover and no liner notes.

There is no mention on the packaging that these reissues were "remastered", just that they include the bonus tracks. The individual reissues do have full booklets included.

It's ironic that Garth Brooks was one of the most vocal opponents of stores that sold used CDs, because his CDs are right up there with Bryan Adams, Michael Bolton, and Hanson as the most commonly found titles in used CD racks. :laugh:

4. thenexte

thenexte Forum Resident

If I recall correctly the first three discs of the box set (dating back to as far as 1989) were indeed remastered or at least had some sort of level adjustment, they definitely sound better than the original issues.

I doubt Garth would have sold 100 million CD's without the "box set", which was really just a marketing plot for his fans to dump their old CD's in favor of the revised versions which featured a *single* bonus track each.

Not sure why Garth has become so bitter towards the industry, to this day he refuses to have any of his video catalog being transferred to DVD, which I'm sure a lot of his fans would pick up in a heartbeat.

5. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

He's probably fighting over "how much" he gets. :D :laugh:

Or maybe he's keeping a low profile, so hopefully his demand will increase.

6. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

He is focusing on his family life.

7. SuperMusicFan2003

SuperMusicFan2003 New Member

I myself prefer the original discs. I think they flow better as on much of the re-releases the bonus track ruins the original flow.

8. beatlematt

beatlematt Forum Resident

He is just sore he didn't beat the Beatles all time record sales. He was crowing that he would in the 90's, Entertainment Weekly even said it wasn't a question of if but when, but then a little thing called "1" came along and blew ol' Garth away! :righton:

9. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

I heard he was pissed when his album "Fresh Horses" was stuck in the runner up position on the Billboard Top 200 chart when The Beatles "Anthology 1" debuted at #1. Did he really think he was going to outsell The Beatles??? What an egomaniac!!! I'm sure the execs at Capitol didn't care. Totally a win-win situation for them! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.