Gary has plunged into the SACD pool (shallow end!)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Gary, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I would go cheap and play now, because later, if this SACD thing really takes off, you can step up to a better model/technology without being out of much money.

This is the thing, unless you have money to burn, you really DON'T want to spend a lot of money on a format that has not proven itself in the marketplace yet. In the happy case of SACD, you can still play your red-book CDs. Oops! Did I just make an argument for getting a better player?:)

2. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Gary,,
    Your humble servants are awaiting your review of your SACD player.....:confused:

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

Don't hold yer breath.... I have to put my speakers back togeather (rewiring them with Kimber....)

H. of a job!

Besides, I want to keep that sucker in it's box ~ just in case they ever get back to me on a price for the 555ES! :rolleyes:

4. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

Well I broke down and opened the box. Only the house system is running right now. Using a HK 825 & HK 870 (top of the line in the early '80's and they are pretty good sounding) and lamp cord (100 ft to reach from the spare bedroom to the livingroom) using my beloved Tangent RS6 speakers, the CE775 is significantly better than the (at least) 10 year old Technics SL-PC705 CDP. On redbook CDs, of course!

So if its permanant home is the house system, I think I made a good purchase!

And the SACD playback (I only have two!) is pretty fantastic, too!

Steve, I'll get tired of these pretty soon..... (hint, hint!)

5. Highway Star

Highway Star New Member

I've just got my 775 going a few days ago and I'm really pleased with it. Hearing things I haven't heard before, really smooth and warm sounding. Just playing redbooks though, as I haven't decided on what SACD discs I wanna shell out $20 a pop for yet (plus we just got a DVD player, so there's more moola going for those little shiny discs!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.