Gee, those Audio Fidelity CDs vanish quickly!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by FrontalLobe, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrontalLobe

FrontalLobe New Member Thread Starter

I had no idea they were so popular. I went online last night to purchase Crosby, Stills & Nash and Machine Head and was shocked to see that they're no longer available at list price. How many copies of each title were pressed?

2. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I might be wrong, but I believe they are limited to 5,000 copies of most titles they press.

3. easyge

easyge Senior Member

I thought there was 1 more pressing coming for CSN?

4. FrontalLobe

Was that announced here?

5. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Last month I asked them about the availability of this album and they told me they would do another pressing, but they didn't say when.

I got a copy in pristine condition from a member of another board. As far as I can see it isn't numbered.

6. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

It would seem likely that if it sold out very quickly that there would be another pressing. If I understand correctly, those sorts of licensing agreements specify that the product can be manufactured and distributed for a certain amount of time, so if the first pressing sells out before that time has elapsed, then another pressing is possible.

Just curious - does anyone have an AF CD that is numbered later than 5000?

7. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

See my previous post :)

8. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Here is a quote from an e-mail I received from AF (as I'm a club member) regarding the new Stevie Wonder "Innvervisions" title - which mentions the 5,000 number that they usually press:

9. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

wow , that's interesting .....

10. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Yes I received an email reply from Marshall back on the February 1st.

Hi David:

Yes, we are re-pressing this title on the 15th of this month.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Marshall

Well here we are now, March 17th and still no re-pressing, ugh! Have to check with Marshall again!

11. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

I too missed the boat the the CSN AF Gold too. Hoping there will indeed be another pressing. I've heard it and it sounds superb.

12. FrontalLobe

Please do!

13. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

If that's the case, Dio's Holy Diver is about a third of the way gone after only a month, as I got #1453.

14. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

You gotta get-em while you can. The members here, and those who read this forum know what going to be scarce, and act accordingly. You snooze, you lose applies here.

15. FrontalLobe

Not all of them. ;)

16. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Do you really think they get sold in order?:sigh:

17. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

I thought that was reasonable. Next time, I'll check with you first. :rolleyes:

18. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I missed out on Grand Funk Railroad We're An American Band so I made sure I got the CSN. GFR is going for around $100 now.

19. Manelus

Manelus Forum Resident

All my Audio Fidelity CDs (7) are numbered, all below 5000.

20. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I still see the A.F. Grand Funk show up in the bins at Zia from time to time. They must have ordered a bunch and still have a few left over.

21. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

<edit>

Thanks! Just ordered from their website. $27.99.

:cheers:

22. bogrod

bogrod Forum Resident

Funny. My copy is labeled 2029. Am I the only one with the AF CNS with a numbered sticker on it?

23. I agree. And I think at this point, almost every Audio Fidelity title can be considered scarce right out of the gate. I believe the number of folks buying AF titles is expanding, and even if you just included the Hoffman Forum alone, there's nearly three times the number of members here (I'm not 100 percent sure on the number), as is the quantity of each title (5,000), AF supposedly presses, or is able to press, so it's not too far fetched for a title to be sold out from purchases made by forum members only. That creates a much greater demand than supply. I've been an AF subscriber from day one, so I haven't had to worry about not getting a copy of any particular title. I'll be the first to say there have been times it's been hard to hang in there, as far as the subscription goes. However these days, I'm glad I have.

24. whatnow?

whatnow? Forum Resident

I doubt it. Both of my copies are numbered.

25. Manelus

Manelus Forum Resident

Mine is 2559, I think they are all numbered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.