Genesis reunion tour - will it happen?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Madrid, Jul 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I saw them in '93. It was great. I don't think PC will be up for it tbt. Hackett still very much is. Could leave Nad though, still better than Phil NOW.

SoporJoe likes this.
  2. Octavia

Octavia Forum Resident

Mr Hackett has rescheduled the 2020 Autumn tour for September/October next year. He appears to be in much better health than Phil.

SuntoryTime likes this.
  3. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Thst doesn't make it any more likely his shows will actually happen. Smaller audience size does make it more likely they can happen.

4. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Yup.

[​IMG]

5. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

OMG!

6. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

:laugh: :laugh: That’s been photoshopped hasn’t it?

7. Madrid

Madrid Forum Resident Thread Starter

Maybe if Phil can't do it they might try to do the tour with a different singer. I guess lots of people would cancel their tickets but maybe the shows would go on. Calling Ray Wilson...?

Calling All Stations likes this.
  8. Loup

Loup Ancient Wool Unraveller

Benny Hill?

NunoBento likes this.
  9. Madrid

That's certainly a rough photo and catches Phil at a tough time for him, but I think he's considerably better than that now. He must have had some sort of medical clearance to do this tour.

tug_of_war likes this.
  10. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

Ticketbastard will be bankrupted by the time touring starts again.

11. Madrid

Surprised at the resounding 'no' for this but I guess the age and health factors are extremely relevant. Does seem that many other acts have rescheduled though, even though ultimately their own dates might not even happen. To me this does suggest greater concerns for the members of Genesis. Hope they're ok and we get some kind of message from them.

Calling All Stations likes this.
  12. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

There will be tours again, Covid won't be completely eradicated but cases at some time will drop to zero effectively. Then concerts can happen normally. If a city suddenly has a number of cases then those shows will probably be cancelled or postponed at the last minute.

dubious title likes this.
  13. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Concerts of all sizes are happening this week in New Zealand including an arena. They've also had rugby games with 50,000 people in a stadium an no objections from medical officials. Reason for some optimism.

When I see that the Rolling Stones or Billie Eilish still have TBA dates for their tours I worry. Though the Stones prefer announcing tours under 2 months and have older fans.

14. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

...erm... Sorry for giving you such bad news, but ....erm... we are already missing them. Yes. Since 2007. Please, be strong. I know you can deal with it. :buttkick:

15. Madrid

I guess if the tour doesn't go ahead, the band will surely do something: maybe a TV special concert/documentary, new songs or re-recording of old material. It would be strange to announce a reunion and then it never happens at all in any shape.

tug_of_war likes this.
  16. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

If you asked me if I believe the other acts' rescheduled shows would actually happen - my answer to that would also be no.

17. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Not really that strange IMO given the unprecedented in our lifetimes and really unimagined events that have occurred since then.

Just about everything that has happened in the last 4 months would have been laughed off as impossible to imagine 5 months ago.

JulesRules likes this.
  18. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

There’s too much money on the table for it not to happen. Likely delayed 12 months. If gigs aren’t happening by then, then agencies, promoters and venues will all just fizzle away, anyway.

19. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

I prefer some new music instead.
    Fingers crossed.

Kiss73 and Madrid like this.
  20. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

As I understand it NZ is the country that more than any other escaped the impact of this virus. Maybe they could tour NZ (except my guess is that a key to NZ escaping it was being an island nation and blocking foreign travel).

ARK likes this.
  21. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Maybe he would still buy tickets if it were to be rescheduled? Why does it bother you?

Madrid likes this.
  22. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Brilliant post. :rolleyes:

mark winstanley likes this.
  23. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I asked a legitimate question , which he answered if you bothered to read.

No idea why your nose is out of joint though.

24. Loup

Loup Ancient Wool Unraveller

Just for the record I love Phil. Great drummer, singer, songwriter and producer.

J_D__ and FACE OF BOE like this.
  25. Madrid

I did answer but also wondered what the point of the question was as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.