George Harrison All Things Must Pass 50th Anniversary Edition - contents, outtakes & sound quality

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peter_R, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

:disgust:

2. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

Not sure if this has been posted but has posted photos of their Uber box on Instagram.

Login • Instagram

Bill813, BlueJay and Oaw like this.
  3. apple corpse

apple corpse Forum Resident

The remastering is loud. Just listened to 'Awaiting on you all' and i'm hearing all guitars LOUD and clear. They added bottom end and you can pretty much guess the rest.

4. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

It’s disappointing they mastered it so hot, it really ruins the experience for me. This is one I’ll be sitting out on.

bobcat, Anthrax and Musicisthebest like this.
  5. Bern

Bern JC4Me

George Harrison fans are the Quiet Ones. How does the blu-ray sound? Give us some optimism in regards to the audio.

6. St. Matthew

St. Matthew Forum Resident

CD, Streaming, Blu-ray, or vinyl? You can’t make this post without telling us what you’re listening to.

905, Sargon, Mazzy and 1 other person like this.
  7. apple corpse

Listening to the cd's

8. apple corpse

I'm really enjoying the bonus material included in the set. Much of which has never been booted before. Hear me Lord at 9 minutes plus is a stand out as is Window, Window, I Don't Want To Do It, Isn't It a Pity (with organ intro)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Bonus material is great! The quality of what is here on his earliest album leads to great optimism to what is still in that vault for the rest of the proper albums and beyond

10. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Fingers crossed then that Olivia & Dhani don’t continue the usual routine of ignoring everything else after ATMP. I’m hoping they do something for the Concert for Bangladesh next year, so by ‘23 they will be caught up to celebrate Living in The Material World’s 50th.

DK Pete, Haristar, longdist01 and 2 others like this.
  11. Have you listened to the LPs or Blu-ray yourself ?

12. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Wow, I think Klaus has lost it. That illustration is awful!

Oaw likes this.
  13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well, I think they already stated Bangladesh for next year.....or at least pretty sure. But yeah, If I had my druthers though, I'd prefer the Career Spanning box before any more albums. just my preference, I'm more eager to get a treasure trove of unreleased goodies

jeremylr, Floater, longdist01 and 4 others like this.
  14. Emholio

Emholio Forum Resident

The new mix is pretty good. There are a few guitar licks you can hear that you didn't have on the original What Is Life and you can hear a lot of individual instrumentation and parts buried in the original mix overall more clearly. Essential? That's a matter of opinion, I suppose. As already stated, the demos, jams and outtakes are worth the price of admission. Many I have never heard before booted. All in all, a fantastic listen and am looking to more of these if/when they arrive.

15. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Olivia has an emotional connection to the Dark Horse era albums, and Dhani has an emotional connection to Brainwashed, so given the chance I'm sure they would love to make deluxe box sets for them.

16. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

"Stated"???

Did you mean "Started"? I do not recall any "official" statement saying that Bangladesh was next in line to do a deluxe box set.

Sean Murdock likes this.
  17. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Would you kindly post some waves images from the 5.1 ?

Uncle Miles likes this.
  18. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

A very good point that I had never considered. The Olivia era albums are the main ones I want to hear the outtakes from. You've given me a little hope that they might actually continue through the catalog.

19. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Maybe my old age creeping in, but didn't someone post this somewhere on one of the long and winding posts of SHF?

20. Arnold Grove

It's possible, but I don't specifically recall any announcement about Bangladesh.

Maybe it was someone's wishful thinking---which often gets mistaken for a fact on the Forums here.

21. Fabsmith

Fabsmith Forum Resident

I think they could still put out a box like Yoko and Sean did late last year. Maybe an original version of Somewhere in England while they’re at it.

22. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

I think the word you want is delusion.

JeffreyB and Arnold Grove like this.
  23. Fabsmith

Fabsmith Forum Resident

Dhani mentioned CFBD and Material World in a Rolling Stone article March 2020 announcing reboot of Dark Horse Records.

24. Arnold Grove

Often the same thing here... ;)

25. Arnold Grove

But what exactly did he say about those two albums?