George Harrison All Things Must Pass 50th Anniversary Edition - contents, outtakes & sound quality

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peter_R, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I'm glad to see that all the audio content is available without the need to buy the Uber edition, not just for the sake of my wallet but because I think the inclusion of plastic ephemera is a very regrettable decision given that we're all so much more aware of the adverse impact of plastic on the environment. I guess one could argue that if the gnomes are made from recycled plastic, that plastic is being saved from being dumped but, really, it sends out a poor message and I'm glad to be able to avoid having to buy it to get the music.

The whole shebang seems a mile away from George's own concerns about the state of things and his desire to Save The World.

Sean, supermd, kolive and 6 others like this.
  2. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

If there were limited to about 250 they would sell out. 3,000 will take years especially as most people can pick up their gnomes much cheaper elsewhere ...

Cristiano Cortellazzi likes this.
  3. vegard martinsen

vegard martinsen Forum Resident

Does anyone know where one can order the uber mega set?

4. JimBop

JimBop Forum Resident

You still have a day to wait yet

Larsen likes this.
  5. vegard martinsen

vegard martinsen Forum Resident

Thanks for the reply.

6. Djmover

Djmover Forum Resident

I will take Jeff Lynne a true musical genius over the horrific Production of Spector any day of the week .

Sean, SurferOne, Vic_1957 and 6 others like this.
  7. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

These tiers are becoming a bit like Starbucks and their coffee sizes.

mark winstanley and Uncle Miles like this.
  8. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

Uber box is very cool. Happy I don't need it similar to the McCartney suitcase and Flaming Pie Uber set just not essential for me. Very glad there is all the music in both vinyl and CD available separately. Don't tell my wife but I will pick up both.
    I wish similar to Lennon's last two there would be a big book sold separately as well.
    What I am most excited about is the music. I have the original, 2001 and 2014 so a remix is an excellent addition. I hope it opens it up as much as the POB mix added clarity. Any word on who is pressing the vinyl?

9. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

We do not know how many Uber boxes will be available. The number 3000 (really 3430; see photo) comes from the small cardboard boxes with the gnomes being sent around for promotional purposes. This is different from the Uber set (which also contains the same gnomes).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2021
  10. TimeandTempo

TimeandTempo Forum Resident

Interestingly, the box says "ATMP Gnomes Set" but also says on the barcode "ATMP George Harrison Uber Box D2C Frontline."

I also think 3430 promo gnomes is a lot, especially if it is just for the press / friends of the family.

Also, I presume the gnomes and diorama will have to ship in a box with cardboard to protect their fragile little caps, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if ALL Uber boxes come in multiple packages, like this one for the gnomes and another for the crate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2021
  11. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

Who said “August is not the usual month for releases”?

Heck: Beach Boys, Harrison and hopefully the Beatles all have a different idea..

12. bward

bward Senior Member

Im tired of them.

I would have liked Flaming Pie Collectors a lot more if the box wasn’t so unwieldily.

Damned thing is huge.

It’s a really nice box set, but it’s just too big.

And because of its size, I don’t go through FP Collectors very often.

So with ATMP uber, I’m not even tempted. I look at it and think, “where would I even put it?”

5CD set will be nice enough for me. If I want to splurge, the speckle vinyl too.

13. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff Thread Starter

Moving forward, for both this thread and the other, please refrain from posting/sharing any images of the forthcoming releases.
    We have been politely asked by the copyright holders not to do so.
    In fact, just to err on the side of caution, no images at all in either thread.

Please & Thank You.

14. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

would it be ok to after the announcement when the images will be made public?

15. Peter_R

Please wait until another announcement saying it's OK.
    We want to be careful, but we also want to be able to have a conversation.

16. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I saw your prediction and instantly thought 'bargain'! LOL. My brain was already tuned in to £1000!

We are all completely barking you know!

I wonder which way I will jump when I am presented with the options? We live in a bizarre world.

paulybauls and Lewisboogie like this.
  17. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Who knows? Remember the Red Rose Speedway/Wild Life/Live Europe set.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  18. Peter_R

I know there are other suitable candidates, but this album for me is at the top of the list of Beatles solo albums I want to hear in 5.1.
    A new stereo mix is also promising, but I doubt it will be the "liberated" version that many of us had hoped for

19. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

it will be disappointing if an original version of "i live for you" isn't included.

sherrill50, AppleCorp3 and Peter_R like this.
  20. applejam101

applejam101 Humble Fan

Not a big fan here, but I am really looking forward to Sour Milk Sea. Disc with the first day demos with Klaus and Ringo is what I want to hear the most. The Plastic Boyd Band?

Calico, Ken.e., jmxw and 8 others like this.
  21. Hillbilley

Hillbilley Forum Addictive

To be honest I have never bothered listening to the whole thing! I see those tracks as unessential bonus material. I could do without them.

22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Instead, feel free to post images of Jimi Hendrix.

Just joking. Hendrix's estate is notorious for forbidding use of Jimi's images.

23. The Fiftieth Beatle

The Fiftieth Beatle Forum Resident

Especially when he had enough material for an actual triple album as it was!

Peter_R likes this.
  24. The Fiftieth Beatle

The Fiftieth Beatle Forum Resident

Can we post images of Bip Bop lyric sheets instead?

25. Peter_R

I used to use one of the tracks as the background music of the outgoing message on my answering machine, back when that was a thing.

The Fiftieth Beatle likes this.