George Harrison - All Things Must Pass 50th-ish Anniversary Edition - Price & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sunking101, Nov 21, 2018.

1. teag

teag Forum Resident

It’s really a double LP with a 3rd disc of total junk.

kwadguy and Finch Platte like this.
  2. John Porcellino

John Porcellino Forum Resident

This is one of my favorite all time albums, and strangely just today I forced myself to listen to Apple Jam all the way through for I think only the second time ever. What a headache!

kwadguy likes this.
  3. hominy

hominy Digital Drifter

Because this album's importance and quality has yet to pass.

Jimijam likes this.
  4. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

Because price gougers suck. Every record store has many copies of platinum albums by Pink Floyd, Led Zep, The Stones, The Beatles et al stashed away. They put out one or two at a time and mark up to the limits of rationality.

Welcome to capitalism. It stinks but it’s the best thing we’ve come up with so far. :)

5. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Six years and counting...

John Porcellino likes this.
  6. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

A good single album at the most. In 1970 it was the most expensive album in rock and roll history . I believe.

Finch Platte likes this.
  7. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

Good thread.

Bananas&blow likes this.
  8. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

My LP copy was a buck

The Beave and a customer like this.
  9. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Then "Some Time in New York City" is a single album (with a live jam bonus album tossed in).

Unmmm ok.

10. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

The more copies pressed the lower the overhead on a bonus record, special color interior, colored inner sleeves and faux leather spine with gold embossed lettering. You have it backwards so far as millions and millions being a negative factor. That is why the goodies could be included in the first place. They could scale the costs with quantity.

11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I love your optimism ... ;)

John Porcellino likes this.
  12. Cameron.39

Cameron.39 Forum Resident

I paid £40 for a fairly mint original UK pressing about three years ago. The original owner never used the fragile original printed inner sleeves, instead placing each LP in a protective 'Emitex' sleeve and keeping the inner sleeves mint at the back of the box. The box has a split in two corners on the outer cover, which is really common.

But generally I've seen it a few times for £20 - £80, depending on condition. Bear in mind that it's fairly rare as it was a very expensive album when it came out.

Man at C&A likes this.
  13. Supply and demand

14. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

It took us 19 years to get a Volume 2 of Beatles at the BBC. And the first one wasn't even given the title of "Volume 1".

Happy waiting!

15. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Well...there's the difference. The first one didn't have the title of Volume 1, so there was not expectation.
    Also, I'm still patiently waiting for "Stevie Wonder's Musiquarium Vol. 2". :righton:

16. recordman33

recordman33 Forum Resident

Found mine about a month ago at Half Priced Books for $25. It was the 1988 reissue, but the records, sleeves, poster, and box all looked flawless. I was fine with that price for something in that good of shape.

Clark V Kauffman likes this.
  17. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

And "The Story of The Clash vol 2"

18. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

My favorite is the Japanese UICY-78137/8, apparently sourced from the latest vinyl master. Quite expensive now though.

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

RiRiIII and fini like this.
  19. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

I have a SS RSD 2010 (#1250) I paid $100 for c. 2012.

20. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

The original UK manufactured boxes are much more difficult to find than the US made ones with UK records inside. As far as I'm aware all the inner sleeves were US manufactured and the poster UK and US.

21. BrentB

BrentB Urban Angler

I didn't know they were going for these amounts listed. Within the last 10 years I have bought a NM US original for 8.00 and a German original for 12.00. I regularly see them for 8-10 in used stores around here to this day. The eBay prices and record show prices can be rediculous for sure.

22. On Amazon US the CD is app. $18.50. Seems reasonable to me.

23. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm in the UK and it's £29 ($37). Seems unreasonable to me.:p

Fishoutofwater likes this.
  24. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Weird. I've found used copies on vinyl and CD (in very good to excellent condition) over the years (and we're talking a lotta years) for anywhere from 50 cents to $10. Over the last few years, the vinyl prices have gone waaaay up because the peoplez have rediscovered vinyl. As far as the CDs, I've found them reasonably priced at flea markets, thrift stores and even record shows.
    But George always liked me.
    :--)

25. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

I bought the album when released. It costed what double albums were going for at the time, which was in the $9-$10 dollar range, IIRC.
    By comparison, "The Concert for Bangladesh" was in the $12 range. Granted it was 2 years later but you get the idea.
    "All Things Must Pass" was a bargain.

ps. Count me as one who still loves Apple Jam to this day.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    andrewskyDE and Hammerpeg like this.