George Harrison - All Things Must Pass 50th-ish Anniversary Edition - Price & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sunking101, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Hammerpeg

Hammerpeg Forum Resident

I got my original vinyl for $22.00 CDN at a record show earlier this year. Even with the poster missing, I was happy to get it for that price.

sunking101 likes this.
  2. Cronverc

Cronverc Forum Resident

Exactly! Ten years ago I passed for several copies priced around $10 in record stores and on flea markets. Just because I usually try to avoid US pressings. Finally my friend traded me an early Australian copy with first UK matrix numbers, so I'm all set.
    Since vinyl became "cool" again, I notice that the prices in local record stores becoming more and more idiotic every day.
    All these common US pressed "run of the mill" Beatles/Zeppelin/ Pink Floyd albums priced at $25 and up - who's buying this?

blutiga and Sneaky Pete like this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Lol...I never listen to this when the album first came out here in the USA...ok, maybe once...very, very boring.

4. 131east23

131east23 Person of Interest

There was a point in my life when I was real critical of artists releasing stuff that I thought was marginal, or maybe even filler, but regardless of what anyone thinks about the quality of all the songs on All Things Must Pass plus Apple Jam I'm just glad we have it all. You can always skip over what you don't like or rearrange the track list to your tastes.

Hootsmon likes this.
  5. $20-25 here in Seattle.
    [​IMG]

jamesmaya likes this.
  6. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

I concur, the set today is too expensive. Still don't own a copy of it yet, but that eBay Japanese copy
    might be as close to sealing the deal...

7. 131east23

131east23 Person of Interest

I bought mine at Jive Time in Seattle.

8. latedep31

latedep31 Forum Resident

I bought a nice copy at a flea market about 2 or 3 years ago for $7. The box is OK, with some torn corners, but the LPs are really nice. No scratches or skips. An early US pressing (maybe a 1st press. I can't check right now.)

longdist01 likes this.
  9. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Playing the most recent vinyl release purchased through Amazon a couple of days ago after seeing the price mentioned in this post. Fantastic. This German pressing blows away the recent White Album pressing by QRP. Silent and beautiful sounding.

Fishoutofwater likes this.
  10. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident Thread Starter

£35.25 for the CD on Amazon in the UK now! This isn't a boxset, it's a regular album. Insane!
    However in the good ole USA the album is a much more reasonable $18.
    What gives?? Just why is this CD so expensive in the UK?

11. Is it just an Amazon UK thing or are other U.K. vendors as expensive?

12. sunking101

Yeah it's pushing £30 on Ebay from UK vendors.

13. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Does LP2 of Sometime in NYC have a different title and graphics/branding from LP1? I mean it's fine to call ATMP a triple album if you want, sure, but it seems like "Apple Jam" was designed and presented as a bonus of sorts in the ATMP package.

George talking to Billboard in 2000:

In a December 2000 interview with Billboard magazine, Harrison explained: "For the jams, I didn't want to just throw [them] in the cupboard, and yet at the same time it wasn't part of the record; that's why I put it on a separate label to go in the package as a kind of bonus."

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    DK Pete likes this.
  14. Mugrug12

Mugrug12 The Jungle Is a Skyscraper

That's funny, I was just saying I wish I could buy 50 copies of Heart "magazine" :D

phillyal1 likes this.
  15. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

Is there any UK pressings in there? That's a lot of copies of Concert For Bangla Desh :D

16. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I know and that album is not so common, not in LA anyway. Maybe Seattle is the best lace on earth for good used vinyl.

blutiga likes this.
  17. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

Yeah me too, when vinyl pricing was at the floor. My LPs were noisy and unlistenable but I hung onto to the set over the years for the cover and art. A couple months ago I got a spin clean and diligently clean the LPs and now they sound really good. Mine is like a 1975 pressing, but I think it sounds better than CD versions.

A6mzero likes this.
  18. sunking101

£37.96 on Amazon.co.uk now. This album (CD) is just creeping up and up in price...but why?? It isn't out of print. I'm genuinely baffled by this.

19. stax o' wax

stax o' wax Forum Resident

Just a hint but I would imagine condition and pressing just might be a factor in the price. ;)

20. Mr. Pleasant

Mr. Pleasant Forum Resident

Because your money is one of the things, in all things, that must pass.

sunking101 likes this.
  21. sunking101

I'm talking about a brand new in print regular CD.

22. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Worth it for "It's Johnny's Birthday".................if your name is Johnny! :)

blutiga likes this.
  23. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Why would you have so many copies of a Heart album? And Bangladesh Desh as well?

24. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

That wasn't my first question - "Why aren't those in plastic sleeves?"

25. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

I have never seen a non-USA copy of this in my travels.
    Did not realize there were variations in packaging.