George Harrison - All Things Must Pass 50th-ish Anniversary Edition - Price & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sunking101, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

I'm under the impression that every big box has the content printed on the outer box.
    It was like this with the Egypt Station suitcase, with the Lp box of Prince's Sign of the times Deluxe...

I'm also learning, by reading the comments of people here, that it is common in the USA to just leave the parcels in front of the doors of customer's houses ? :yikes:
    That would be impossible in France: either you're at home and the delivery agent gives you the parcel by hand, or you're not at home and you get to go and collect the parcel in the nearest post-office the day after.

2. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Perhaps this has been noted earlier. The forthcoming Bob Dylan Springtime in New York 5 cd set, with two substantial hardcover books, is selling for considerably less (about $50 less) than the smaller ATMP 5 cd + 1 Blu-Ray set, with one slim-looking softcover (?) book. The Harrison estate is not winning friends this way.

3. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

And the Beach Boys 5 disc set cheaper still!

peace and love✌Dave

longdist01 likes this.
  4. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thank you for sharing those examples!

5. Fabsmith

Fabsmith Forum Resident

Perhaps. But the estate (and Universal) know the buying habits of serious Beatles and solo Beatles collectors. Not giving them a pass, but they know we’ll pay the freight to get this stuff on release. My suggestion for less hard-core fans is to wait until after Aug. 6, My guess is there will be discounts.

6. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

I'm sure you're right for most of the formats but not for all; the green splatter vinyl is already showing 'sold out' at several retailers.

7. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Out for delivery. I rested my back yesterday.

I have a fairly large house but I am still wondering where to put this thing.

I guess I picked the wrong year to start thinking about downsizing.

8. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

#2748 has arrived.

This thing is gloriously over the top.

9. Beatlesfan123

Beatlesfan123 Picking Apple Scruffs

How many are there total?

10. I posted some pics on the other thread a few minutes ago. Actually it is not as big as I thought it was out of the shipping box. It fits nice in my record library. Go look.

oboogie and Jerry Horne like this.
  11. Apparently 3000

Jerry Horne and Beatlesfan123 like this.
  12. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Looking at UK pricing for the Uber, the best I have found so far is £740 using a 20 percent off voucher from the US Sound of Vinyl store.

Crazy that it is cheaper to import the thing from the US, including shipping and taxes, than to buy from the UK store!

if there was a 30% off option I could be tempted. I can get the CD / Blu Ray set for £94.99 from What Records with shipping, so paying an extra c. £500 for the Uber, whilst still on the pricey side, would be appealing.

There seems to be zero uk discounts anywhere close to that though.

beatlesblogger likes this.
  13. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

I assume this is you and your video. Fantastic.
    Congrats on the box and on that wonderful collection!

14. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Hit me up if you find that 30% discount anywhere in the UK :D
    I’d bite the bullet for 500£.

richierichie and jl151080 like this.
  15. Yes sir :tiphat:

16. Beatlesfan123

Beatlesfan123 Picking Apple Scruffs

Why is the GH estate making us uber buyers pay $70 in shipping since it's a 130lb box when it's in reality only 30lbs. Kinda crappy to do to the customers who just shilled out $1k on a box

17. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

It's not the GH estate making you pay that. That's the shipping cost based on dimensional size. Packages over a certain volume are charged on a different scale. That package could weigh 2 pounds and still be the same size and it would cost more.

Pawnmower and longdist01 like this.
  18. helter

helter Forum Resident

Wow …I bought your Beatles England book at Beatlefest in 1982. I had no idea you were the author. It’s been a long time since I pulled that book out for browsing

19. Adam Schellin

Adam Schellin Forum Resident

@Mazzy I have been loving your videos for years. Keep it up.

20. Thank you :tiphat:

Gavaxeman and Adam Schellin like this.
  21. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

@Mazzy ..you have been my lockdown hero ..keep up the good work

oboogie and Mazzy like this.
  22. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Me too Around £500 / $700 I wouldn’t hesitate.

FJFP likes this.
  23. Fabsmith

Fabsmith Forum Resident

No denying the Uber box is stunning. So is the price, but I understand why it costs so much. Thanks Mazzy for your video yesterday, to underscore that. One thing for me out of all this is you won’t read any more criticism from me about past or present McCartney deluxe editions.

Mazzy and WhatDoIKnow like this.
  24. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I concur.
    And I especially enjoy those videos that you mail to me in an unlabeled brown paper wrapper ... ;)

supermd, Jerry Horne, Mazzy and 3 others like this.