George Harrison: Archive Release Speculation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by omikron, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash Forum Resident

Wishing more and more that I had never learned of this box set and could live in blissful ignorance.

2. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

[​IMG]

3. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

4. dsdu

Phase 1: Collect Demos and Outtakes, Remix and Remaster
    Phase 2: ???
    Phase 3: Profit

5. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Not a good sign.

6. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

Though the Get Back/LIB-related projects have only been partially released. So if they do, in fact, push the movie back, then that will obviously affect any planned soundtracks or deluxe reissued, and thus the ATMP set, as well. Either that or they could have decided that they don’t want another big Beatles-related project to cannibalize press for this project, thus pushing ATMP to the fall. But we’ll see.

7. dsdu

I wish they'd hurry up and let us know. I need time to make up a good excuse for not getting the kids anything this Xmas.

mrjinks, Wingsfan2012, Bern and 4 others like this.
  8. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Your kids will grow up and move away. McCartney’s music isn’t going anywhere. Sounds fair to me. ;)

Wingsfan2012 and Beatlesfan123 like this.
  9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

You got them presents last year!

:hide:

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  10. Bern

Bern JC4Me

I always tell them all it's not their birthday.

Bill007 likes this.
  11. Fabsmith

Fabsmith Forum Resident

As much as I want deluxe ATMP 50 set yesterday, I have changed my thinking on this.
    The Beatles new film/soundtrack and Let it Be 50 have potential to generate a lot more buzz in the group for the holiday gift-giving season. With that, interest in solo projects should also be enhanced.
    I think late November or early December might be best time for the Harrison set, as long as it gets at least 2-3 weeks for proper promotion.
    Maybe Get Back comes out September and LIB in October or early November.
    Harrison’s box set could come out Nov. 26 or Dec. 3, also around 20th anniversary of his passing. Other than all the Get Back/Let it Be material the only other deluxe set I want in 2021 is All Things Must Pass.
    Let the speculation percolate!

Beatlesfan123 likes this.
  12. Bern

Bern JC4Me

13. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

That happened in my kitchen too!

Bern likes this.
  14. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Definitely excited for the Get Back film :righton:
    ATMP Box I am cautiously optimistic

jricc, jammincrowe, omikron and 7 others like this.
  15. Brian from Canada

Lyrics is coming in November afterwards, and features Beatles lyrics as well — I would not be surprised if the management at MPL believes that the connection to the last Beatles album (since they also have to wait at least a year before the 60th anniversaries of the early LPs) sees that as the window of opportunity. Launching All Things Must Pass in December, especially at the time of the home video release, would make sense.

That's why I suspect a more reasonable rethink is dependent on Get Back's release.
    I am more suspecting a release schedule of…
    1. July: III Imagined physical copies are released
    2. August: Get Back released to limited theatres and digital streaming services, Let it Be:50 released on same date (August 27) so it can ship to all for Labour Day weekend
    3. September: III part III is announced, Green Submarine is released to book stores
    4. October: III part III is released digitally, Ringo's EP released
    5. November: Lyrics released, Rubin documentary debuts, Get Back comes out on home video with soundtrack CD, Black Friday single for "All Things Must Pass" and Get Back soundtrack LP
    6. December: All Things Must Pass ultimate edition, Wild Life 50th with green vinyl to independent record stores, III part III physical releases arrive
    7. February 2022: III deluxe edition announced, Rubin documentary comes out on home video
    8. March 2022: London Town and Back To The Egg Archive editions announced
    9. April 2022: RSD releases
    10. May 2022: Wings Archive released, McCartney and Starr return to the stage
    11. June 2022: Concert for Bangladesh anniversary edition announced for its anniversary in August, McCartney 80 celebration with other documentary – possibly a new compilation
    12. August 2022: Concert for Bangladesh
    13. September 2022: High In The Clouds released on Netflix, soundtrack available, end of the month Some Time in New York City ultra announced for November
    14. October 2022: It's a Wonderful Life debuts on Broadway/soundtrack released
    15. November 2022: Some Time In New York City ultra, preorders for the III deluxe edition announced (contains some live tracks to flush out 4th / video disc) as coming end of December
    16. December 2022: The Beatles EP Collection reissued on vinyl, Glastonbury documentary debuts, III deluxe edition

musicfan37 likes this.
  16. beatbro

beatbro Forum Resident

17. Brian from Canada

A Local Bloke likes this.
  18. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Wow! I don’t need to check this forum until 2023! Thanks!

:doh: :shrug:

Floater, marklamb and Beatlesfan123 like this.
  19. What a dismal and uninteresting lot of releases that is.Apart from Let It Be50 and the deluxe All Things Must Pass deluxe there is absolutely nothing on this list that I would buy and I’m a big Beatles fan.
    What would be better is Revolver Deluxe and a Pure McCartney like compilation for George Harrison.

20. Beatlesfan123

Beatlesfan123 Picking Apple Scruffs

Who said there would be a 2nd black Friday single?

21. A Local Bloke

A Local Bloke Forum President

I'm brand new to this thread. What's III Part III?

Also, I really hope the Harrison estate continues the little albums of archive material, like Early Takes was. It's a nice manageable album that makes for nice listening, unlike, I must say, CDs worth of material in a big box set.

musicfan37 and Beatlesfan123 like this.
  22. Beatlesfan123

To sum it up:

July: McCartney
    August: Beatles
    September: McCartney
    October: McCartney/Ringo
    November: McCartney/Beatles/George
    December: George/McCartney
    February 2022: McCartney
    March 2022: McCartney
    May 2022: McCartney/Ringo
    June 2022: George/McCartney
    August 2022: George
    September 2022: Lennon
    October 2022: McCartney
    November 2022: Lennon/McCartney
    December 2022: Beatles/McCartney

I'm not very good at math, but that seems like a whole lot of McCartney and not a lot of the other boys. Of course this is wishful thinking, but maybe we will get something George related by 2031:p

omikron likes this.
  23. Beatlesfan123

III part III is the third onslaught of the on-going MPL market war where they try to make collectors and fans buy as much as possible while marketing their products as limited edition.

Basically,
    Part I: McCartney III album
    Part II: McCartney iii reimagined
    Part III: unannounced as of now

He likes his 3's:D

A Local Bloke likes this.
  24. Brian from Canada

If it's not a single, it could be an RSD vinyl issue of a bonus disc. The Lennons did both with Imagine.
    But I suspect that, as a way of generating excitement, we may get an RSD release.

Paul and Ringo are the only ones still active, and Ringo's announced he's only going to be doing occasional EPs.
    If you look at the breakdown, it's announcements and products we either know about (III part III, It's a Wonderful Life, High in the Clouds, Lyrics) which are on the horizon, and one that's been hinted as in the wings (so to speak) for release some time in the future.
    The Harrisons and the Ono-Lennons are both doing deluxe reissues that maybe come once a year. They're big sets but they have a short part of the year, whereas MPL is releasing furries of stuff here and there to keep getting into the new release queue.

Beatlesfan123 likes this.
  25. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

I am only interested in:

-Beatles deluxe boxes and movies
    -Lennon Ultimate boxes
    -McCartney Archive boxes
    -Harrison boxes
    -even Starr deluxes
    -special books related to Beatles and solo Beatles

Everything else is redundant to me. Take it as a personal statement, of course.

All in all, I’ll be glad if two or three box sets will come out each year in the future. :)

Jimbo62, Beatlesfan123 and Haristar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.