George Harrison Autograph etc

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by btltez, Aug 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btltez

btltez Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi. I am going to start selling some of my ''stuff'' from 20 years in the music biz that I'd acquired. I don't have the time or patience for the auctions or ebay. I need the money but also would rather sell to a fan than to some flipper. I've been on this forum a long time and know the Beatlemania here is rampant and some might love to have one of these items. Does it makes sense to just list some indivual pieces here at a set price? Like this George autograph is a check he signed to a recording studio in 1971 and is framed with a photo from Help! film. Also have some cd covers by George Martin, Paul Macca, Yoko. Or should I just bite the bullet and go to auction houses or record stores in LA that deal with collectors items? Thanks for advice and info!

2. jricc

jricc Senior Member

It won't hurt to try here. If u do sell it here, there is no commission or fee. Good luck!

rcsrich likes this.
  3. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

Give it a shot...name the price you'd really like to get for it and sell only if someone's willing to pay that price. Only advantage I can see of an auction house is you may get even more for them than you expected if there's real interest.

btltez likes this.
  4. btltez

btltez Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks. Didn’t think about the no fees aspect. Nice

rcsrich likes this.
  5. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

One thing I'd recommend, is with zero feedback, if you have a discogs or ebay account with feedback, list that. Personally I wouldn't spend lots of money on rare/unique items without seeing some kind of history selling. Good luck with the sale!

btltez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.