Getback Records Label

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fishinfool, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishinfool

fishinfool New Member Thread Starter

:help: :help: Has anybody purchased any of the 180g vinyl pressings issued by Getback Records (sold by most of the major vinyl dealers like Red Trumpet, Music Direct, Acoustic Sounds, etc). I'm very interested in several of the titles, but would be interested in your comments as to quality, fidelity, cover art, etc before plunking down $15- $30 per title.
    For those interested, you can view the 152 Getback titles carried by Music Direct at this web address:

www.amusicdirect.com/products/swsearch.asp?dmSearchBy=Label&srch=Getback+Records&x=0&y=0

If this link doesn't work, go to Music Direct (www.amusicdirect.com) and do a search by "Label" and type "Getback Records" -- that should get you the 152 Getback Listings

Thanks for your comments!

2. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Get Back

Hi Fishin':
    I have two Get Back LP's. One is a Pere Ubu that I frankly haven't played yet but I will try to give it a listen in the next couple of days and LYK what I think. The other is Impressions record Times Have Changed which I am pretty unhappy with. It has a lot of surface noise although I honestly need to give it a couple more listens to properly break it in. Still, for a 180gm record run through a VPI cleaning machine I thought there were way too many pops

Cheers!
    Norm

3. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

I borrowed a friend's copy of Jonathan Richman on Get Back and it played very clean. It sounded a bit "crisp". I think they may have used a digital master. I am not that good at picking that stuff out, but it didn't a suprisingly "clean" sound to it.

4. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

I bought Todd Rundgren's Something/Anything about a year and a half ago on the Get Back import vinyl.

This is a cool one. The first disc is blue vinyl and the second disc is red, just like the original Bearsville radio promo copies, but a heck of a lot cheaper.

Sound quality IMO is excellent, but I think this title is out-of-print now. So if you see one, I'd grab it.

5. efhjr

efhjr Idler Wheel Enthusiast

I bought Gong's Angels Egg and it has so much surface noise that I don't play it anymore. I've cleaned it on my vacuum a few times, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.