"Gigli" MOVIE OF THE YEAR!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JohnG, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Lots of these celebs seem isolated from the real world because of their "entourage". Perhaps there is no one who dares to give them a view of reality because they'd get fired from a plush job and the "gravy train" would end! :sigh:

Just my take on things.....

2. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Michael, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's blood turns to hot tea when I see this useless tool of a human being. Even though I'm hornier than a rhino,I get repulsed when I see her, no matter how "hot" she's supposed to be. She can't act, she can't sing, all she has is that big ass to shake for the cameras. Phooey!

3. Dave D

Dave D Done!

4. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

If you'll forgive this perhaps sexist opinion, they could have shot an hour and a half film of her butt, and it probably would have been better than the crap that's in theaters now(and yes, Cinerama would have to have been utilised)!:laugh:

Evan

5. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

MatrixMan,

No more sexist than my wife wanting to see an entire movie of Ben Affleck's butt.

Jim W.

6. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

She's got a big future behind her.:D

7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Yea, like a big bowl of celulite jelly-jello...:hurl: I've actually never felt that vehemently towards any other actress...There are just so many others out there better than her...Doesn't that always seem the way? Strange. Sorta like the masses loving the maxed out ear bleeding remasters of today...

8. SVL

SVL Forum Resident

Re: Gigli

What car is Affleck driving there? Must be a good sturdy vehicle, if it can withstand the impact of that posterior. Surely beats a crash test :D

9. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Ah, satire! :righton:

http://www.borowitzreport.com/

J. LO AND BEN FLEE ANGRY U.S.

$25 Million Bounty Offered for 'Gigli' Perpetrators

Just hours after the release of their mega-bomb "Gigli," embattled stars Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck fled the U.S. fearing retribution from furious moviegoers, officials confirmed today.

While the government acknowledged that it was unsure of the annoying couple's whereabouts, it announced that it was offering a $25 million bounty for information leading to the eventual capture of the "Gigli" co-stars.

The $25 million amount is particularly significant, observers noted, because it is likely to exceed the ultimate box-office grosses for the much-pilloried movie release.

President Bush made the decision to authorize the bounty offer after a closed-door screening of "Gigli" at the White House Friday night with his top national security advisors.

"The search for a weapon of mass destruction is over," Mr. Bush said gravely after seeing the film.

When told that Mr. Affleck and Ms. Lopez may have other co-starring vehicles in the pipeline, Mr. Bush said, "Do not – I repeat – do not bring 'em on."

The "Gigli" catastrophe is already casting a long shadow on the California gubernatorial race, as activists renewed calls for a ballot initiative to ban real-life Hollywood couples from appearing together in major motion pictures.

The political movement, which began in 1986 with the release of the Sean Penn-Madonna fiasco "Shanghai Surprise" and gathered steam in 1999 with the Tom Cruise-Nicole Kidman turkey "Eyes Wide Shut," now seems to be attaining critical mass thanks to "Gigli."

On Sunday, gubernatorial hopeful Arnold Schwarzenegger vowed never to make a film with wife Maria Shriver and called upon Governor Gray Davis to make a similar pledge.

10. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

11. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Suppose y'all think these are really witty comments being made here, but just y'all wait 'til next year at Oscar time! :rolleyes:

P.S. Reechie yer new avatar ROCKS! :thumbsup:

12. Dave D

Dave D Done!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

It's rare you see such critical glee over a disastrous film's failure. Check this out:

NY Post Entertainment

Boy, this is gettin' brutal....:eek: ;)

ED:cool:

14. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I'm sure it's a bad movie and all, but wow! People really are reveling in this. I guess it's just backlash from all of the "Ben & Jen" overexposure, but I bet it is still a better film than some previous romantic comedy flops like, say, "America's Sweethearts". I'll wait until it's on video to confirm the outcome of that bet, though. :)

Regards,

15. Ed Bishop

It's one of those, like GLITTERS, SHOW GIRLS and SPICE WORLD, I'd buy on the cheap when it comes out just for the 'bad movie camp value.' We already know this one's loaded with bad dialogue and acting, an unbeatable combo for hilarious, repeat viewing. Like Ken, I'm withholding judgment on the film's demerits until I can see it unfold for myself. I'm hoping for the best--er, I mean, worst.:)

16. Paul G

Paul G Senior Member

Re: Re: Gigli

Based on a clip I saw on television this morning, it's a 1966 Chevrolet Impala. Just over 213 inches long, almost 80 inches wide. I can't tell whether it's an Impala SS (Super Sport) -- J-Lo's in the way of the fender badge.

Back in the good old days of 30-cent-a-gallon gasoline, the full-size Chevy was the best-selling car in the U.S.A. It was a good solid car. My father and then I owned a Belair station wagon (one trim line below the Impala) for thirty-five years (he gave it to me in 1996 after he stopped driving; I sold it in 2001); it was a good solid car. Car enthusiasts consider the base 283-cubic-inch V-8 one of the best engines ever.

Paul

17. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS! Thread Starter

[​IMG]

Affleck is still the bomb in Phantoms!! :D

18. PaulB

PaulB Forum Resident

I think the media really did a number on this movie. There have been other bad movies this year, but why was this one especially targeted? I think the media often look for people to kick around and it was Ben and J Lo's turn.

19. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Newspaper sales, internet hits to sell more advertising, PaulB.

And since their love affair is all over the place in the media, this *might* break them up in a nice messy fight. Which will sell.... more newspapers, gather more internet hits to sell more advertising space.

So.... I think you are correct, sir!

20. Ed Bishop

While the press has been nasty, some of the quotes from the actual dialogue do make you understand why it's getting so much heat. Seems very poorly written, too many unintentional laughs. But the two lovebirds didn't make it easy on themselves, either, by becoming involved in such a dumb project. A more serious or action-oriented film might have been a wiser move. Comedies are hard to pull off under the best of conditions, and this one is truly a howler, I guess.

21. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Please, those two are egomaniacs and figured the public would love to see them together in a flick! Scuse me while I :hurl: along with all the other people who were not amused with their musings...

22. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

A "Plan 9 From Outer Space" for modern times.

Jim W.

23. Ed Bishop

Exactly! Not many of those come along, they're always worth savoring.:)

I'd almost add Arnie's TOTAL RECALL, except it's so well done the laughable dialogue, overacting and Arnie's thicker-than-usual accent doesn't negate the wonderful sci-fi imagery and the basic plot, such as it is.

24. PaulB

PaulB Forum Resident

Fine, I can understand some people don't like JLo and Ben. I have nothing against them but I notice they can be annoying. But it seems even regular news media have dumped this movie. This is very unusual. It seems the media has something personal against them. I just think they should be more impartial.

25. Ed Bishop

Remember, they tore Mariah up pretty good, too, though the real crime of that film is its long, dull patches. When she tries to act--and fails badly--it's really good fun, on that dumb level only a bad movie can offer. But you're right, there are times when the media almost seem to have a pack mentality, even though all it is is that they've mostly come to the same conclusion--this is a really bad movie that probably should never seen light of day.

I can hardly wait for the DVD....:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.