Give away

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by wangch32, Aug 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wangch32

wangch32 Senior Member Thread Starter

Want to give away some my doubles cds where do I post thanks

2. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Classified, CDs. I'll be there waiting.

tmtomh and Athalwolf like this.
  3. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

I'd be there too except I need 16, make that now 15 more posts to have access to the classifieds ;)...
    Edit: My bad: I believe only posts in Audio Hardware, Visual Arts or Music Corner count. I'm back to 16 more needed to 'unlock' the door.

4. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Tracey you need 50 msg posts to enter Classifieds. Keep plugging away.

Tracey likes this.
  5. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

Thanks ScramMan2 - yikes, it's taken me over 6 years to get to 34!

Myke likes this.
  6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Speak up man !!! Let your voice be heard ( at least in 14 more posts ). :tiphat:

ScramMan2 likes this.
  7. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Still waiting for the OP, LOL.

8. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

You, mean: "Speak up WOman!" Actually, I'm the 'girl' in my avatar (that's Pete Best snuggled up beside me :whistle:). You're not the first to think I'm a dude named Tracey.

9. Myke

My mistake. Now it's 13 more posts.

Tracey likes this.
  10. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

Sadly, I don't believe 'Marketplace' conversations count towards 'posts'. Regrettably, neither do my submissions in the 'How Many Doors Does Your Home Have Poll' nor 'The Official SHF Shoe Size Poll' count. o_O

11. Myke

11 more... you can see your count in your profile. Up to 39 now.

Tracey likes this.
  12. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

9 left Tracey. Then you can line up for the free duplicates.

Tracey likes this.
  13. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

Ha Ha! Thanks for the update :) Ironically, I'm going through my cd collection now only to find my own duplicates, geez, I it hate when that happens. No freebies for me, bad Tracey.

Myke likes this.
  14. Myke

Good job @Tracey --8 more to go. Just remember to control yourself. 10 years ago I had to pay the rent 2 weeks late with a penalty !
    Only time in nearly 62 years that has happened. I've understood gamblers ever since.
    Good luck !

Tracey likes this.
  15. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

At the risk of annoying all of those people who came here looking for details of the Give Away...sorry...:
    Yes Myke, you say you've "understood gamblers ever since". I don't recall how I stumbled upon stevehoffman.tv, but, I understand the addiction that comes with being a member of the SHF forum. I've not participated so much with my words here, but with my wallet definitely so. The number of gold dcc's I own is over 50, plus a diverse accumulation of amazing music recommendations from generous forum members has set me up for life, well, one would think. There is always an abundance of knowledge to be gleamed and shiny discs to acquire. Now that I've found my lost vinyl collection from the 80's and 90's, I'll soon be purchasing a turntable. This spells trouble for me.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Myke likes this.
  16. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

7 more I think, good luck to you in the classifieds, not with the people you will deal with(this is a good group on here), but with your search for more music.

Tracey likes this.
  17. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

Hi there! It is an awesome group, sometimes it gets a little 'testosterony' amongst the fellas... but order is usually restored. This is a passionate club ;). This is why I'm excited to acquire more quality cds through the classifieds - the advice of shf members has steered me well over the years.

ScramMan2 likes this.
  18. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Tracey if you have any unwanted Grateful Dead titles just let me know. Of course I'll pay for them!

Someday I may even spring a few duplicates for just shipping cost only. In the spirit of this OP.

Tracey likes this.
  19. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

ScramMan2 - I think you are goading/leading me into making my post requirements! Strangely, no Grateful Dead - yet (note to self).

20. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Tracey the GD and family are a huge market. Includes Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, and Mickey Hart solo projects. And off-shoot groups, often known as jam bands.
    Plenty of titles!

Tracey likes this.
  21. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

Wow! You're not wrong, my research has begun - thanks :)

22. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

I have 2 give away CDs listed on here. $4.20 shipping only. So far no takers. USPS charges $2.80 for shipping so I have to recover that cost, and the cost of the shipping container and PayPal cost.

23. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

I'm 16 songs into the Apple Music Rock Grateful Dead Essentials. Super enjoyable, thanks for the introduction ;) I've recognized only a couple of songs thus far. I prefer physical media but this is working well for me as an introduction. I live in Canada, ScramMan2, I suspect shipping would be a bit higher?

24. Myke

It could spell trouble.
    January of this year I decided to sell a record when I knew my local B & M could never afford to pay me it's actual value, so I listed it in our classifieds.
    I had sold there before, albeit 10 years ago, with the intention of trying to rectify the damage done by my reckless spending, and to simply continue eating.
    This time, my intentions sprang from having to move my collection about 25 miles away, and seeing first hand what a Herculean task that was, plus I could always use the money, since I still seem to require food, and still have bills to pay.
    I've sold mostly digital discs, CDs, SACDs, DVD-A, and some vinyl.
    There were so many DCC, MFSL and the like, at least one concerned member asked via PM was I dying ? :laugh:
    I decided this past Monday to stop until the USPS situation gets better ( I went to TWO post offices, and TWO office supply stores looking for a particular sized bubble mailer that my buyers and I both like. Between that, and the incredibly slow delivery time, I think it best to wait for better times.

Oh ! And get a Pay Pal account if you don't already have one. Only payment method allowed by The Rules.

25. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

First of all, I'm glad that you're not dying! Eating is a good idea ;) Secondly, I agree that it might be prudent to wait. I'm still patiently waiting for packages from the UK sent three months ago. Canada Post can take several weeks and is expensive, so us Canucks are kinda trained for this. Thirdly, I do have Paypal, but I detest it. Used to be a fan but I'm enduring sporadic problems with an Access Denied message that has plagued many. Discogs has been a great resource for me but purchasing from members, like yourself, would be cool. Thank you for the advice :)

Myke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.